Author Topic: Coaches Caravan - Thurs. May 18th - DB's Tavern  (Read 1127 times)

moss2k

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:08:51 am by moss2k »

chidave

• Junior
Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 10:38:46 pm
I'll be there, love these events.

CivilNiner

• Walk On
Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 07:55:49 pm
Why isn't Brooks Barden listed on the roster?

moss2k

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 10:09:20 am
Why isn't Brooks Barden listed on the roster?
Not sure, I now that Lambert had recently mentioned him in an interview.

chargrad2008

• Walk On
Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 10:15:39 am
can anybody give me a rundown of these and how they work? is it a good time?

NinerWupAss

• Gulag
  • Chancellor
Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 11:54:01 am

it is a great time and well worth the trip.  Provides a little bit of insight into what is happening and a chance to actually talk 1:1 with coaches.  Food is also good. 
Mahna Mahna

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 01:10:38 pm
I understand the Coaches Caravan at Hendrick Motorsports is going to be different this year.  Kevin Donnalley will host it, interviewing the coaches and bringing in fans for questions.  Trying something new.  We should do more of that.
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

emf

• Senior
Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 01:15:58 pm
I understand the Coaches Caravan at Hendrick Motorsports is going to be different this year.  Kevin Donnalley will host it, interviewing the coaches and bringing in fans for questions.  Trying something new.  We should do more of that.
That'll help.  The couple of times I went there, was the usual, "any questions?" a couple of die hards would ask one or two, and that'd be it, awkward pause, "okay, have a good night everyone!"

chidave

• Junior
Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 01:39:23 pm
I love these events, $20 is worth it for the food and drinks alone. You get a good bit of info, can ask questions to get more, and get to chill with the coaches/AD. Several of us will be out there as well and it's cool to meet people from the board.

NinerWupAss

• Gulag
  • Chancellor
Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 01:41:25 pm
I will also add this - one of the benefits of having a school that isn't big time is things like this.  For $20 we can talk to our head coaches.  That is a dream for a Bama fan and Saban.  Enjoy this access. 
Mahna Mahna

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 02:09:52 pm
I will also add this - one of the benefits of having a school that isn't big time is things like this.  For $20 we can talk to our head coaches.  That is a dream for a Bama fan and Saban.  Enjoy this access.
I would trade the bama success for no access. But fair point.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 02:30:39 pm

Coming from someone who followed Tennessee football that was one of my initial thoughts when I attended my first Coach's Caravan "How many thousands of dollars would I have to spend to have this kind of access to the UT staff?". These are a very cool events.

ghostofclt

• Walk On
Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 07:21:48 pm
clt would have trashed the observer and made a joke at good ol Roy.

NinerWupAss

• Gulag
  • Chancellor
Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 08:10:56 pm
I would trade the bama success for no access. But fair point.

Hey - we have to see the positives where we can!
Mahna Mahna

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 09:58:52 am
$20 at Bama gets you ramen noodles with the Asst Strength Coach for FB.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 11:06:55 am
A few highlights from last night.

Football

-LeMay is currently the #1 RB, Washington #2, expecting both of them to get a lot of carries.
-Barden is the back-up QB, Lambert likes the progress he's made.
-Feels good about the OL, but can tell he is a little concerned about the DL. He does like the talent we have coming on on the DL, and mentioned something about a transfer bringing some experience (sorry can't recall specifics there)
-Overall he likes where we are.

Basketball

-Big news was the H&H with Oklahoma St., we go there this year and they come to Halton in 2018.
-We were 9 possessions from 20 wins last year.
-Likes where our scholarship table is but would take another player this year if it's the right fit.

One of my favorite Niners of all time Diego Guevara was in attendance.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos