Author Topic: AM730  (Read 6078 times)

chidave

• Junior
on: July 17, 2017, 08:53:19 am
During the Lambert interview this morning with Bobby Rosinski it was announced that 730 will be carrying our games next year (all sports). I know 610 is a larger station, but I like this move. 730 was a great partner when they had our games the first time.

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:02:48 am
Totally agree. They are a much better partner.

Good talk on Duke this AM as well

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 09:12:13 am
Totally agree. They are a much better partner.

Good talk on Duke this AM as well
+1

uncc71192

• Walk On
Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 09:12:54 am
Co-host of the show this morning Walker Mehl is also a 49er alum.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 09:50:33 am
I'm glad to be back partnered with 730.  It's a nice partnership with them.  They will have football, men's basketball, some women's basketball, and a few baseball games they said this morning.  They went out of their way last year to broadcast our C-USA Baseball Tourney games on their station.

I think they signed a 3 year deal with App in 2014 and it expired after this past season.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 10:30:17 am
I'm glad to be back partnered with 730.  It's a nice partnership with them.  They will have football, men's basketball, some women's basketball, and a few baseball games they said this morning.  They went out of their way last year to broadcast our C-USA Baseball Tourney games on their station.

I think they signed a 3 year deal with App in 2014 and it expired after this past season.
What I hear you saying is that they dumped App to pick up the Niners.
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 10:52:06 am

Glad we are back, even during those 3 years they went out of their way to talk about us. It seemed with 610 it was just a hassle for them even to have a 5 minute discussion about 49er sports.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 11:02:39 am

Glad we are back, even during those 3 years they went out of their way to talk about us. It seemed with 610 it was just a hassle for them even to have a 5 minute discussion about 49er sports.

Totally agree. 
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 11:21:51 am
Great move! I interned there and am exited to see them committed to covering Niner sports. It may be the smaller station, but it's a start.
Especially glad as mentioned above that they dumped App and took us.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 12:21:32 pm
Great move! I interned there and am exited to see them committed to covering Niner sports. It may be the smaller station, but it's a start.
Especially glad as mentioned above that they dumped App and took us.

I remember the Crapp State fans going crazy over this back in 2014..."LOL look what we did, no one cares about Charlotte".

Now they will be downplaying it. That fanbase is filled with jokers and front runners.

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 01:28:16 pm
Now I'd like to see us do something in men's basketball or football to make their investment worthwhile
Charlotte 49ers - TITLE IX CHAMPIONS, July 1, 1990- Present!

Official 49ers AD Moto: Minimum Necessarium Esse, Nihil Magis

🔥 🌹

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 01:44:27 pm
Now I'd like to see us do something in men's basketball or football to make their investment worthwhile
And ours.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 02:04:31 pm
It is entirely possible and likely we are paying them to carry us. 
Mahna Mahna

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 02:43:56 pm

Yep.  We may have purchased the air time and then it could be on us to sell advertising sponsors. 
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 02:46:47 pm

Yep.  We may have purchased the air time and then it could be on us to sell advertising sponsors.

That's quite a burden.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 02:53:50 pm
It seems that years ago when we left WFNZ and went to 730 people were excited because we were dumping those clowns that talked bad about us.  Then when we left 730 and went back to WFNZ people were excited because 730 had less power than a nightlight and being on a station we can get--even if it was a bunch of clowns--was better than one with no reach.  Now we are leaving the clowns again for 730.  I guess if I can get our games on the TuneIn or ESPN app this is the right move.
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 03:05:21 pm
It seems that years ago when we left WFNZ and went to 730 people were excited because we were dumping those clowns that talked bad about us.  Then when we left 730 and went back to WFNZ people were excited because 730 had less power than a nightlight and being on a station we can get--even if it was a bunch of clowns--was better than one with no reach.  Now we are leaving the clowns again for 730.  I guess if I can get our games on the TuneIn or ESPN app this is the right move.
ESPN 730 isn't the best station in the world and in the few months I interned there we talked about the Niners once. So it wouldn't shock me if we paid them because they didn't seem to give us much pub anyways.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 03:18:46 pm
That is how MOST college programs (outside of the few big names) work with radio stations/networks. It is not just us.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 03:28:39 pm
OK so looks like the business model is now paying through your rights holder.  The old way was you contracted with your rights holder and got paid - such as old FNZ deal back when we were still good.  With deal like IMG we get our upfront money and then IMG pays to get us on the air. 
Mahna Mahna

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 03:36:18 pm
The Charlotte IMG twitter page is one of my favorites. I love the work they on the Twitter machine  ::)

LzeroKI

• Walk On
Reply #21 on: July 18, 2017, 10:18:14 am

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never been able to get the 730am feed on Tunein or ESPN Radio android apps.  The station will "load" but its nothing but silence.

ApexNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #22 on: July 18, 2017, 10:49:10 am
Was mentioned yesterday Mark Price is supposed to be on Gerry V show later today.

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
Reply #23 on: July 18, 2017, 12:22:44 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never been able to get the 730am feed on Tunein or ESPN Radio android apps.  The station will "load" but its nothing but silence.

IIRC, games on the tune in app are carried on the Charlotte IMG station not the regular radio station feed.
Charlotte 49ers - TITLE IX CHAMPIONS, July 1, 1990- Present!

Official 49ers AD Moto: Minimum Necessarium Esse, Nihil Magis

🔥 🌹

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #24 on: July 18, 2017, 12:50:49 pm

IIRC, games on the tune in app are carried on the Charlotte IMG station not the regular radio station feed.
You are correct.  https://beta.tunein.com/radio/Charlotte-IMG-Sports-Network-s230306/

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos