Author Topic: If you want Football at Charlotte READ THIS!!!  (Read 179118 times)

Hollywood

• Freshman
Reply #50 on: April 14, 2006, 09:03:55 pm
Quote from: LakeNorman49er;168370
would we want a "c", "49ers", or the new emblem on the helmet?

I vote the "C/pickaxe" logo, as seen here:

Green face mask, of course ;-)

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #51 on: April 14, 2006, 10:20:33 pm
Update.  After one full day of this, here we are:

33 people signed up

$20,900 in initial donations

$11,000 in yearly donations

82 Season tickets sold

Great start!!

Again the key to this will be reaching out beyond this message board.  Send every Niner you know a email and get them to pledge.

And for all our current students and recent graduates, we won't be collecting this money for 3 to 5 years, which coincidentally is about how long it takes Charlotte grads to reach six figures.....  

I do like that people are taking this very seriously and pledging only the amount they really would be willing to pony up.
If your not a 49er club member, NOW is the time to join.

LakeNorman49er

• Senior
Reply #52 on: April 14, 2006, 10:54:39 pm
Quote from: Hollywood;168373
I vote the "C/pickaxe" logo, as seen here:

Green face mask, of course ;-)

that helmet looks pretty damn good.  i like it.
ninermike:  "LakeNorman49er= Get your misquote of me out of your signature line. "

persinger (when discussing tarholes):  "we will do a big pre-game story on the upcoming tarhole game"

persinger (when discussing 49ers):  "we never do pre-game articles on any game.  it is not our job to inform the public about the local teams."

ninerqb

• Walk On
Reply #53 on: April 14, 2006, 11:27:37 pm
Count me in for 5K initial and 2k a year along with 4 season tickets.

Let me know when and where to send my check.  

But we must understand that if football is not in the mix in the next year or so, we will need to make a adjustment at the AD level.  I think we need to start sending a message to ole JR.  She doesn't know anything about football so for her job security, she will never work hard for it.  Get her out.

C49er

• Senior
    • http://www.Charlotte49erFootball.com
Reply #54 on: April 14, 2006, 11:42:32 pm
Quote from: ninerqb;168382

But we must understand that if football is not in the mix in the next year or so, we will need to make a adjustment at the AD level.  I think we need to start sending a message to ole JR.  She doesn't know anything about football so for her job security, she will never work hard for it.  Get her out.

QB, send your info to Jimmyhat via PM or email...see below.

Per Jimmyhat49er:  
So basically this all starts with us and here is my proposal: I am going to start a list of Football supporters and contributors. I will compile this list until I have 1000 names and then I will submit it to the administration. This is what I need from all of you:

1. PM or email me your Name and contact info, year of graduation, How much money would you contribute to the initial start up, How much would you give yearly and would you buy season tickets.

2. I need each of you to reach beyond this message board and give me a list of at list 5 people you graduated or attend school with the info I asked for in #1.

We have about 200 active posters here who are hard core 49er fans, if all of us reach out and get 5 people to comit to this we have our 1000 people.

Pledge as much as you can realistically expect to contribute. For example I am Pledging $500 for start up and $250 a year and I would buy season tickets.

This will allow us and the administration to see how serious we are about football. If no one signs up then we know this will probably never happen in our lifetime, but if we really want this as much as we say this will go a long way to proving it and actually doing something to make it happen.

Time for all of us to put our money where our mouth is. I think the website is a great idea and this can go hand in hand with it (weekly update of pledges and so forth) but I really think this is the only way to find out how serious we are.

I look forward to you response and I can be emailed at jimmyhat32@yahoo.com

Hollywood

• Freshman
Reply #55 on: April 14, 2006, 11:44:21 pm
Actually, put me down for another season ticket.  I ain't sitting there by myself. ;)

*figured this was better than sending a whole 'nother email/PM

Upstate49er

• Sophomore
  • FSL Owner
    • http://www.charlotte49erfootball.com/
Reply #56 on: April 14, 2006, 11:58:30 pm
Quote from: Jimmyhat49er;168378
Update.  After one full day of this, here we are:

33 people signed up

$20,900 in initial donations

$11,000 in yearly donations

82 Season tickets sold

Great start!!

Over $20,000 in 24 hours just from this message board alone!  Now, if Mike P. wanted to do a story outlining the 49er football drive, who knows what could happen???

Mike, what do you say?
Charlotte 49ers Football

C49er

• Senior
Reply #57 on: April 15, 2006, 12:03:23 am
Quote from: UpState49er;168386
Over $20,000 in 24 hours just from this message board alone!  Now, if Mike P. wanted to do a story outlining the 49er football drive, who knows what could happen???

Mike, what do you say?

I support this (after the website is up :)

LakeNorman49er

• Senior
Reply #58 on: April 15, 2006, 12:04:42 am
Quote from: UpState49er;168386
Now, if Mike P. wanted to do a story outlining the 49er football drive, who knows what could happen???

Mike, what do you say?

can't wait to hear the response to this one.

:biggrin:
ninermike:  "LakeNorman49er= Get your misquote of me out of your signature line. "

persinger (when discussing tarholes):  "we will do a big pre-game story on the upcoming tarhole game"

persinger (when discussing 49ers):  "we never do pre-game articles on any game.  it is not our job to inform the public about the local teams."

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #59 on: April 15, 2006, 06:02:27 pm
Not a lot of activity today....Must be the weekend.  If you have already pledged, thanks a lot, if you haven't what are you waiting for???  And we need everyone to contact your fellow niners not on this board and get them to contribute.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #60 on: April 15, 2006, 06:21:51 pm
Where is the link to the pledge list?

C49er

• Senior
Reply #61 on: April 15, 2006, 06:25:22 pm
Quote from: JaMiNNiNeR;168496
Where is the link to the pledge list?

Here's Jimmyhat's proposal for gathering info:
So basically this all starts with us and here is my proposal: I am going to start a list of Football supporters and contributors. I will compile this list until I have 1000 names and then I will submit it to the administration. This is what I need from all of you:

1. PM or email me your Name and contact info, year of graduation, How much money would you contribute to the initial start up, How much would you give yearly and would you buy season tickets.

2. I need each of you to reach beyond this message board and give me a list of at list 5 people you graduated or attend school with the info I asked for in #1.

We have about 200 active posters here who are hard core 49er fans, if all of us reach out and get 5 people to comit to this we have our 1000 people.

Pledge as much as you can realistically expect to contribute. For example I am Pledging $500 for start up and $250 a year and I would buy season tickets.

This will allow us and the administration to see how serious we are about football. If no one signs up then we know this will probably never happen in our lifetime, but if we really want this as much as we say this will go a long way to proving it and actually doing something to make it happen.

Time for all of us to put our money where our mouth is. I think the website is a great idea and this can go hand in hand with it (weekly update of pledges and so forth) but I really think this is the only way to find out how serious we are.

I look forward to you response and I can be emailed at jimmyhat32@yahoo.com

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #62 on: April 16, 2006, 12:00:21 pm
Well, to say it was a slow weekend is a understatement...... Here were we are:

35 people signed up

$21,900 in initial donations

$11,500 in yearly donations

88 Season tickets sold

Remember people if you want footall simply click here: http://www.jimmyhat32@yahoo.com  or send me a PM and tell me 1. Who you are and how I can reach you?  2. How much you would contribute to the start up of football (Keeping in mind you will need to actually come up with this money in 3 to 5 years)? 3. How much would you contribure yearly(above and beyond, what you already give.)?
4. How many season tickets would you buy??

And please send a email out to ever niner you know to get them involved as well.
This will be a long process, or it might a short process.  If we only have a 100 names after a month, then i guess we'll all know that there really isn't the interest in bringing football to Charlotte.

gotLutz

• Assistant Coach
    • http://www.charlotte49erfootball.com
Reply #63 on: April 16, 2006, 12:10:27 pm
Jimmy, can we incorporate this into the website? I was thinking on the "Financial & Local Support" section...?

"We did a market survey of how people know us, and we got everything. There was UNCC, UNC, NC Charlotte (and) just plain North Carolina. We were all over the board, and it was like, nobody knows who the heck we are....We hate the UNC on it." - Charlotte AD Judy Rose

C49er

• Senior
Reply #64 on: April 16, 2006, 12:45:38 pm
Jimmy, do you care if we give out your email address?

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #65 on: April 16, 2006, 01:04:29 pm
Quote from: C49er;168575
Jimmy, do you care if we give out your email address?

Nope, give it to everyone....Especially hot college chicks...

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #66 on: April 16, 2006, 04:10:27 pm
Quote from: ninerqb;168382

This is a awesome pledge, do me a favor and Pm or email me( jimmyhat32@yahoo.com )  your real name and contact info so I can put it on the list.
Thanks!!

C49er

• Senior
Reply #67 on: April 16, 2006, 04:25:48 pm
As season tickets/donations are due soon, we should mail our checks directly to Judy, with a letter stating that we support football, and let her know how much we would increase our donations toward the new program.

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #68 on: April 16, 2006, 10:17:56 pm
Not a bad day today, some big money stepping up:

41 people signed up

$34,400 in initial donations

$20,100 in yearly donations

108 Season tickets sold

Remember people if you want footall simply click here: http://www.jimmyhat32@yahoo.com or send me a PM and tell me 1. Who you are and how I can reach you? 2. How much you would contribute to the start up of football (Keeping in mind you will need to actually come up with this money in 3 to 5 years)? 3. How much would you contribure yearly(above and beyond, what you already give.)?
4. How many season tickets would you buy??

And please send a email out to ever niner you know to get them involved as well.
This will be a long process, or it might a short process. If we only have a 100 names after a month, then i guess we'll all know that there really isn't the interest in bringing football to Charlotte.

C49er

• Senior
Reply #69 on: April 16, 2006, 10:24:04 pm
How many basketball season ticket holders are there?

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #70 on: April 16, 2006, 10:26:26 pm
Quote from: C49er;168675
How many basketball season ticket holders are there?

I believe about 3 to 4 thousand.  I'll find out for sure.

C49er

• Senior
Reply #71 on: April 16, 2006, 10:59:30 pm
I found the article to the UNCC Football t-shirts:
Niner Online - Football T's

beasley25

• Freshman
    • http://www.ninernation.net
Reply #72 on: April 16, 2006, 11:07:08 pm
i'm wearin my football shirt right now
I\'m pleased; I think we got a really terrific group of young men. These guys are all from winning programs. They\'re really good students as well as players. I think we have a good mix of winners; I\'m excited about watching them grow over time.  - Lutz on incoming class

"The ring is for the national championship we win at
Charlotte," Beasley said matter-of-factly.

C49er

• Senior
Reply #73 on: April 16, 2006, 11:09:13 pm
Quote from: beasley25;168689
i'm wearin my football shirt right now

I think I still have my green long sleeve Charlotte football T that I bought at Belk.  It was nestled in nicely with the NCSU and UNC-CH shirts.

CMack124

• Senior
Reply #74 on: April 16, 2006, 11:12:19 pm
Quote from: C49er;168688
I found the article to the UNCC Football t-shirts:
Niner Online - Football T's

Ok, lets steal their idea and make UNC Charlotte Football shirts (or better, Charlotte 49ers Football shirts) with the proceeds going to this fund.

Lets get a good design from somebody with graphic arts skills.  You can get t-shirts made for around $4 a piece, sell them for $10.  Reimburse those who fronted the money and you've still got a nice $5 or $6 per shirt towards the cause.

Thinking needlessly ahead, will be be able to get permission to sell these on campus?  They were selling for a charity, can we get permission to sell for a non-existant football fund?  Who do we talk to?

I'll try to get information on getting the shirts made, some quotes and stuff, tomorrow, anybody else who feels like it please feel free to start thinking of a design (one color designs, they are cheaper).  If we are serious about it we can begin to discuss selling them on campus in front of the Bookstore or Belk Tower.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos