Author Topic: BB&T Ballpark for Charlotte Knights  (Read 33629 times)

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #50 on: February 07, 2013, 04:36:35 pm

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #51 on: March 20, 2013, 05:56:30 pm

The_Brown_Samurai

• Chancellor
Reply #52 on: March 20, 2013, 07:15:12 pm
I got a good view from above the construction. That block looks really small. Isn't it supposed to rival the current facility?
I know I probably just officially ruffled some feathers

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #53 on: March 20, 2013, 09:28:19 pm
Latest news.

Charlotteobserver.com: Crew installs steel at Charlotte Knights stadium site

Charlotteobserver.com: Charlotte Knights unveil logos for BB&T Ballpark

Love the angle/view of the Duke Energy bldg from home plate.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #54 on: March 20, 2013, 10:21:38 pm
I got a good view from above the construction. That block looks really small. Isn't it supposed to rival the current facility?

I won't be surprised if the new stadium has less capacity but offers more suites and luxery seats.  Sound familiar?

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #55 on: March 21, 2013, 03:06:35 pm
Latest news.

Charlotteobserver.com: Crew installs steel at Charlotte Knights stadium site

Charlotteobserver.com: Charlotte Knights unveil logos for BB&T Ballpark

Love the angle/view of the Duke Energy bldg from home plate.

Sorry. On second review, the very wide panoramic shot I was looking at seems to be taken deep along the 3rd base line, not near home. Still looks cool.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:10:06 pm by 49er1 »

---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #56 on: June 25, 2013, 07:32:17 pm
Stadium construction coming along nicely.

Charlotteobserver.com: Charlotte to look spectacular from Knights stadium

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #57 on: August 01, 2013, 07:04:27 pm
Opening day at BB&T is 4/11/14.

MILB.com: Knights Set to Kick-Off 2014 Season On April 11

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #58 on: October 26, 2013, 04:38:56 pm

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #59 on: October 26, 2013, 05:21:33 pm
2 thumbs down

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #60 on: October 26, 2013, 05:53:50 pm
I think it's a big improvement.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #61 on: October 27, 2013, 11:24:45 am
UCF baseball comes to Uptown Charlotte!

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #62 on: October 27, 2013, 08:43:13 pm
Horrid.

The old Knights logo was actually one of my favorites. Sad to see it go.
DUCK FAVIDSON

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #63 on: October 27, 2013, 09:05:41 pm
Horrid.

Really? I hated the old one.

I like the new text logo and the C. Not a big fan of the other two.

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #64 on: October 28, 2013, 03:39:37 am
Horrid.

Really? I hated the old one.

I like the new text logo and the C. Not a big fan of the other two.

They're all putrid, IMO. So much ADD in one branding scheme... are they knights, kings, or dragons? There's no consistency, it's like the designer showed four different options and the team was like "f*** it! We'll take 'em all!"

That C-shaped monstrosity is something to behold. I didn't think it was possible, but somebody went out and created a c-shaped logo that somehow manages to look even less like a C than our C-Pick logo... bravo to you, Charlotte KingKnightDragonSlayers, bravo.
DUCK FAVIDSON

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #65 on: October 28, 2013, 09:18:04 am
UCF baseball comes to Uptown Charlotte!

^This.  I think it's fine though. I do think they needed a refresher with the move too.

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #66 on: November 06, 2013, 07:22:34 pm
BB&T Ballpark will host the 2014 AAA national championship game on September 16th between the respective champs of the International and Pacific Coast leagues.

Charlotteknights.com: Gildan Triple-A National Championship Game Awarded to Charlotte   

Charlotteobserver.com: Minor league World Series coming to Charlotte

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #67 on: November 06, 2013, 09:40:42 pm
BB&T Ballpark will host the 2014 AAA national championship game on September 16th between the respective champs of the International and Pacific Coast leagues.

Charlotteknights.com: Gildan Triple-A National Championship Game Awarded to Charlotte   

They put the sod in this week. Looks nice. Noticed the seats are.....green!  ;D

---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

X-49er

• Head Coach
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #68 on: November 07, 2013, 08:45:27 am

We'll feel right at home when the CUSA Baseball Championships are held there.
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #69 on: November 07, 2013, 11:04:31 am

As of now that's a pipe dream. The ACC will probably look this one up for their own conference tournament.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #70 on: November 07, 2013, 11:35:43 am

As of now that's a pipe dream. The ACC will probably look this one up for their own conference tournament.

Not really.  The ACC Baseball Tourney has been on a rotation between Durham and Greensboro for the past few years and has had success in both cities.  Those ballparks are very nice.  Sure Charlotte will likely get in on this rotation, or maybe even host them for a few years, but there will be plenty of opportunity for Charlotte to host the C-USA Tournament.

Just like with hosting a C-USA Basketball Tournament, we would need some financial help from the Community to put a bid in for it.  I have heard that ECU really wanted to host it in their last season and put in a large bid, but ended up losing out to USM.

On a side note,  I am excited about the Niners hosting some games at the new ballpark.  I hear some games are in the works.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:50:16 am by Mr. Bojangles »

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #71 on: November 07, 2013, 12:59:35 pm

Not really.  The ACC Baseball Tourney has been on a rotation between Durham and Greensboro for the past few years and has had success in both cities.  Those ballparks are very nice.  Sure Charlotte will likely get in on this rotation, or maybe even host them for a few years, but there will be plenty of opportunity for Charlotte to host the C-USA Tournament.

Just like with hosting a C-USA Basketball Tournament, we would need some financial help from the Community to put a bid in for it.  I have heard that ECU really wanted to host it in their last season and put in a large bid, but ended up losing out to USM.

On a side note,  I am excited about the Niners hosting some games at the new ballpark.  I hear some games are in the works.
The city is actively pitching the ACC to hold the tournament here in Charlotte.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up here.

I think we would have had a fair shot at the CUSA tournament if ECU had not gotten an invitation to the AAC, but I can't imagine we'll host it in Uptown now. None of the schools in the east a big time baseball schools. Only Rice and USM have huge baseball followings now. We are probably third or fourth best in CUSA 3.0, but even we only average a little over 1,000 per game. That would look terrible in a 10,000 seat stadium.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #72 on: November 07, 2013, 01:08:09 pm

I think we would have had a fair shot at the CUSA tournament if ECU had not gotten an invitation to the AAC, but I can't imagine we'll host it in Uptown now. None of the schools in the east a big time baseball schools. Only Rice and USM have huge baseball followings now. We are probably third or fourth best in CUSA 3.0, but even we only average a little over 1,000 per game. That would look terrible in a 10,000 seat stadium.

Well, you wouldn't hold an "average" game there.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #73 on: November 07, 2013, 02:03:34 pm

Well, you wouldn't hold an "average" game there.
Right, you'd hold the entire CUSA tournament there, where turn out for virtually all games would be below average.

Our games are the only ones that might draw well and even then you'd be looking at no more than 3,000. It's college baseball with a lot of teams nobody here is familiar with. Avid college baseball fans know Rice and USM, but I can count on one hand how many avid college baseball fans I know.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #74 on: November 07, 2013, 02:40:39 pm
I would love to see us host someone like South Carolina there in a regular season game. Also, my guess is that whenever Rice comes to town, we will set attendance records at the Hayes.  I've already had 4 or 5 non-Niner baseball fans tell me they want to see us play Rice.  I wonder if there is a possibility that series may get played UPtown.

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos