Author Topic: Football facilities and expansion  (Read 78809 times)

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #550 on: August 10, 2017, 03:06:05 pm
So glad we are SEC bound.

NinerAdvocate

Reply #551 on: August 10, 2017, 03:13:18 pm

BleEDgreen49er

• Freshman
Reply #552 on: August 10, 2017, 03:45:11 pm
Sad because next year is gonna be a mess. The App game is going to sell out super fast, if they don't do tickets right there is going to be a lot more black and gold than green and gold

FSL holders get the first option to buy single game tickets... there will most certainly be tax on the secondhand market for those tickets

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #553 on: August 10, 2017, 04:13:47 pm
Sad because next year is gonna be a mess. The App game is going to sell out super fast, if they don't do tickets right there is going to be a lot more black and gold than green and gold

FSL holders get the first option to buy single game tickets... there will most certainly be tax on the secondhand market for those tickets

That is a great point.  I think I will buy a handful of them.
#unc-CHeatingPays

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #554 on: August 10, 2017, 04:58:38 pm
I don't know how many tickets App will have, but if they need a place to park their football transport I think the space next to me is available.  Small time!
#unc-CHeatingPays

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #555 on: August 10, 2017, 06:43:07 pm
clt isn't concerned about appy. We do need to announce a plan for expansion tho

BleEDgreen49er

• Freshman
Reply #556 on: August 10, 2017, 10:30:56 pm

I might even set up tents in my back yard for them to Airbnb, I welcome all traveling teams $. Could pay for my whole year of season tickets with 1 game.

emf

• Senior
Reply #557 on: August 11, 2017, 09:54:31 am

I might even set up tents in my back yard for them to Airbnb, I welcome all traveling teams $. Could pay for my whole year of season tickets with 1 game.
They'd probably welcome that, not being used to electricity and running water.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #558 on: August 11, 2017, 10:17:43 am

Yea, but they'd want to pay with goats and chickens.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #559 on: August 11, 2017, 10:26:22 am

True.  But they claim their goats and chickens are much smarter than the average goat and chicken.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

chidave

• Junior
Reply #560 on: August 11, 2017, 11:28:43 am
Our first game at home versus a SEC opponent, can't wait!

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #561 on: August 11, 2017, 01:04:44 pm

True.  But they claim their goats and chickens are much smarter than the average App student.
Fixed

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #562 on: August 15, 2017, 09:51:28 pm
Maybe we could borrow design ideas from this high school stadium.

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/the-70-3-million-katy-texas-stadium-is-ready-to-open-and-it-leaves-an-impression[/font]

FridayNiner

• Walk On
Reply #563 on: August 16, 2017, 08:19:13 am
that upper level looks great, and doable, thinking about the stadium and expansion, does anyone know the amount of money that has been expended in starting the football program overall?  a nice bit of coin i am sure, and we are still in the great recession, i have to keep reminding myself of that, we are told otherwise constantly

chidave

• Junior
Reply #564 on: August 16, 2017, 03:08:44 pm

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #566 on: August 17, 2017, 10:29:45 am
that upper level looks great, and doable, thinking about the stadium and expansion, does anyone know the amount of money that has been expended in starting the football program overall?  a nice bit of coin i am sure, and we are still in the great recession, i have to keep reminding myself of that, we are told otherwise constantly

Say what?  Who are you listening to?
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #567 on: August 17, 2017, 11:28:57 am
We are not in the GREAT RECESSION anymore unless you are listening to fake news.  Dow up to all-time high, every customer in our company having record year in sales and profit. 

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #568 on: August 17, 2017, 12:24:22 pm
Not to start a political discussion, but if think we are still in recession, you are being deluded by some news organization. One or a few people not doing well does not constitute a recession. There is no underlying overall economic reason for not expanding our football stadium.
There may be specific fiscal problems inside the athletic dept, but those problems can not be blamed on the overall economy.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #569 on: August 17, 2017, 12:37:22 pm
ODU and Coastal Carolina (our peers) are both expanding in this economy. We need a vision and a plan on the table to expand to over 20,000 seats.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #570 on: August 17, 2017, 01:39:24 pm
ODU and Coastal Carolina (our peers) are both expanding in this economy. We need a vision and a plan on the table to expand to over 20,000 seats.

At the top of that plan needs to be what we will do with those extra seats.  Sure, for App and a few other future games we can sell those seats, but right now we cannot sell what we have.  My strategy is to go 6-6 and be in a bowl game, but the Athletic Department needs a strategy to sell tickets if we go 3-9 again.
#unc-CHeatingPays

FridayNiner

• Walk On
Reply #571 on: August 17, 2017, 01:43:07 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/15/fox-news-poll-64-say-us-still-in-recession-yet-58-optimistic-about-economy.htmlIdont think im dont like political discussions and this is not the place to have one, but i dont think i am delusional, i dont subscribe to any news organizations but cull an opinion from many different sources such as the ones i have listed-wake up

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #572 on: August 17, 2017, 01:46:23 pm
Most stadiums aren't full every game. Need to have the stadium larger so for the games we can have more interest (Marshall, Duke, UNC-CH, App, etc) in so that we can fill it then and maximize profits.

I'd say 30k max, 25k seems like a sweet spot.

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #573 on: August 17, 2017, 02:02:51 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/15/fox-news-poll-64-say-us-still-in-recession-yet-58-optimistic-about-economy.htmlIdont think im dont like political discussions and this is not the place to have one, but i dont think i am delusional, i dont subscribe to any news organizations but cull an opinion from many different sources such as the ones i have listed-wake up

Dude that was from January 2015!!! Take the tin foil hate off.  Our AD doesn't want to promote or sell anything... just buying time and boosting retirement funds.
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #574 on: August 17, 2017, 02:36:46 pm
I think we may be to the point of losing recruits when they know 16k is most they will play in front of the home crowd.  I think 23-30k is right about right for growth and other big games.  We should be around 20k for every game with the number of alumni in the area and growing student enrollment.  If we start winning, then it is a no-brainer.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos