Author Topic: 2016 Baseball Season Starts This Weekend  (Read 7297 times)

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 07:56:32 am
1-2 at home vs. William & Mary.. Really impressive. Outscored 19-8 on the weekend.

Hibbs has had a longer rope than anyone not coaching the softball team. Our entire athletic department is just striving to be mediocre.
I said something similar a couple years ago and got a tongue lashing from the baseball apologist on here.

Let's be honest, there's very little actual baseball talk on the board. It pretty much begins and ends with the vendettas that a handful of posters have for one another. Meanwhile, there are some that want to win in basketball, baseball, football, chess, etc.

Hibbs has performed well in the past, so I've supported him. I left the stadium feeling very optimistic on Friday. I left there disgusted today. It's a long season. Let's see if this team figures some things out and improves as we move forward. If the end of the season comes and we're still playing like we did today...well...I Don't think we will be. My goodness, we better not be.
If we are still playing like today at the end of the year than the baseball program has some major issues. Hopefully they can right the ship vs Toledo this weekend and get back on track.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Crusader

• Freshman
Reply #26 on: February 22, 2016, 08:02:18 am
Looks like a lot of frustration for just 3 out of 56 games.

"Let's have some fun out here! This game's fun, OK? Fun #######it."

"You be cocky and arrogant, even when you're getting beat. That's the secret. You gotta play this game with fear and arrogance."

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 08:05:22 am
1-2 at home vs. William & Mary.. Really impressive. Outscored 19-8 on the weekend.

Hibbs has had a longer rope than anyone not coaching the softball team. Our entire athletic department is just striving to be mediocre.
I said something similar a couple years ago and got a tongue lashing from the baseball apologist on here.

Some people on here are guilty of the same thing that they give Judy grief for, blind support for certain coaches.

I'll give them more than the first weekend before I roast or credit Hibbs, too early for that.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 09:45:03 am
Offense looked good on Friday, pitching was fine.

Pitching was fine on Saturday, but the offense looked very similar to last year.  We got guys on base, just couldn't get them in.  11 LOB on Saturday.

Sounds like Sunday pretty much sucked all the way around.

Moving forward, I hope we see more of what we did on Friday as opposed to Saturday and Sunday offensively.  If not, it will be a long season.

Crusader

• Freshman
Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 11:35:50 am
Hey, Mr Bojangler,

Did you notice that W&M left 14-15 on base Sunday?

Sounds like Sunday could've been even worse than it was.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos