Author Topic: UAB announces $7.5 million contract with Under Armor  (Read 3369 times)

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #25 on: October 02, 2016, 02:31:56 pm
If there is a change in the AD it is going to have to come from the students. Judy is enhancing the experience of athletes essentially at their cost and they are getting zero in return.

Unfortunately most students aren't concerned about this until they are no longer students and are left with paying off their student loans.

I'm not even really sure that an AD change would come from students. There would have to be something huge like the football movement, or essentially everyone stops going to games entirely. Attendance is really poor and they don't seem to care.
Poor attendance won't do much. I mean I haven't seen Halton Arena full since I started following Charlotte in 2013, the Miami game in 2014 was the loudest I ever heard it and still there were tons of Miami fans there.
Not sure what it will take to make a change since Judy has been here for 26 years as AD alone and who knows how many total.
The problem is most of the students already don't care. Their efforts to get students to games has not gone well and will continue to as long as they keep the same mediocre system in place.
Sadly though none of this will change anytime soon. It does get very discouraging to be led by an AD with so little vision for the future of the program.

Winning would solve everything.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.”
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #26 on: October 02, 2016, 04:07:06 pm

You love to say this, and I finally have to call BS on it, first off the people we have in place won't ever win consistently,  second we saw in the late 90's early 2000's it did not solve everything, we still were second fiddle in our own town, didn't build off it and are now pretty much a socon program. 

Just stop.

"Changing leadership would solve everything"
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #27 on: October 02, 2016, 05:09:04 pm
i

You love to say this, and I finally have to call BS on it, first off the people we have in place won't ever win consistently,  second we saw in the late 90's early 2000's it did not solve everything, we still were second fiddle in our own town, didn't build off it and are now pretty much a socon program. 

Just stop.

Winning WILL solve EVERYTHING.

---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
Reply #28 on: October 02, 2016, 05:24:42 pm
i

Just stop.

Changing the leadership will give us a better chance to win
“All that is best in the great poets of all countries is not what is national in them, but what is universal”

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #29 on: October 02, 2016, 10:03:30 pm
i

Just stop.

Changing the leadership will give us a better chance to win

True 'dat.

---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #30 on: October 03, 2016, 02:53:44 pm
i

Just stop.

Your proposed solution defines the problem:

Winning will solve everything, however winning is not a goal of the current leadership.

#26years
DUCK FAVIDSON

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos