Author Topic: This Staff will NOT make it long unless...  (Read 4112 times)

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
on: January 12, 2017, 08:30:45 pm
Unless they figure out 3 things.

1.  Defensive Responsibilities and Ownership.  If you aren't where you're suppose to be you don't play. 

2. Passing to get to a good shot.  We play too fast and then compound that with bad defense like Chip Kelly in the NFL.

3. Two big guys in the next class that are ready for 25 minutes plus.  Otherwise not even Judy can justify this.
All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 08:51:58 am
At this point we are projected, per RPI forecast, to go 12-16. That is a step back from last year. If this happens, or certainly if we are worse, Price needs to replace at least one of the assistants. It is clear that Price's fortes are not defense or recruiting big men. If there is no one on the staff that can do this then someone needs to go. The longer I have followed college basketball the more I've realized that most coaches don't excel in every little thing. Part of being a good HC is putting together the right staff to make up for your deficiencies.

I fully believe Price should get 4 years, but I also think we've seen enough to realize the limits of the current staff. Price will either adapt or get fired after 4 years. I sincerely, sincerely, absolutely hope that he adapts.

NewNiner

• Senior
Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 09:00:30 am
At this point we are projected, per RPI forecast, to go 12-16. That is a step back from last year. If this happens, or certainly if we are worse, Price needs to replace at least one of the assistants. It is clear that Price's fortes are not defense or recruiting big men. If there is no one on the staff that can do this then someone needs to go. The longer I have followed college basketball the more I've realized that most coaches don't excel in every little thing. Part of being a good HC is putting together the right staff to make up for your deficiencies.

I fully believe Price should get 4 years, but I also think we've seen enough to realize the limits of the current staff. Price will either adapt or get fired after 4 years. I sincerely, sincerely, absolutely hope that he adapts.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it.
Hail Charlotte 49ers and Hark Upon the Gale!

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 09:03:55 am
Adapting could happen, but I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about next season already, given the only recruit so far isn't much to get excited about. He's basically JC Washington v2.0.  This team will have to have real impact players inside to make up the serious deficiencies we currently have, and how many of those are left out there?

I hate the Major to Price comparisons as much as any of you, but a distinction in the early years of Major was the excitement and optimism we always had for the next season due to some good prospects coming in and/or P5 transfers sitting at the end of the bench.  We all got sick of "wait till next year!" claims when the results never materialized, but a losing record this season PLUS nothing pointing to us improving much next season is incredibly disheartening.   

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 09:30:01 am
Adapting could happen, but I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about next season already, given the only recruit so far isn't much to get excited about. He's basically JC Washington v2.0.  This team will have to have real impact players inside to make up the serious deficiencies we currently have, and how many of those are left out there?

There are different recruiting mentalities. One is to simply recruit the best talent you can possible get. The other is to find players that fit your system. I'm not sure which Price's method is, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I have no doubt that he's a good shooting coach. We saw what he could do with individual shooting coaching at the Hornets, and to a certain extent I do think we have seen that here with our team. But dude cannot recruit anything other than guards, and he cannot teach defense. I hope he is reading this. I urge coach Price, if we end up with a losing record at the end of the season - replace someone(s) on your staff. That can be difficult to do, and suck for those involved. But do you know what is more difficult? Getting yourself fired and your first, and possibly only, shot at being a head coach canned after an essentially mandatory 4 year stint.

casstommy

• Head Coach
Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 10:04:43 am
i think its safe to drop the "unless" from the thread title

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 10:55:50 am
Who watches The Watchmen?
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

cltniners

Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 11:17:55 am
clt says the team plays like price did. shoots 3's, cannot rebound and little defense.

Hal Jordan

• Freshman
Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 01:29:28 pm
Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 04:00:20 pm
This staff will NOT make it long unless they recruit some better damn players.

[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 07:03:35 pm
There is no unless. This staff will not make it long.

amnesiac

• Junior
Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 07:31:40 pm
Bring in Dinkins
and Demarco ASAP as
assistants.

cltniners

Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 06:48:50 am
Feee beans!

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 11:02:44 am
If 222 teams have made the tournament since we last have, we share the blame. For the most part we have a passive/cuck fan base. The activist mentality that lead to football (CFI) is sorely needed.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

jfickett

• Senior Captain
  • Charlotte 49ers Football - A new chance for glory.
    • LinkedIn
Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 11:18:22 am
If 222 teams have made the tournament since we last have, we share the blame. For the most part we have a passive/cuck fan base. The activist mentality that lead to football (CFI) is sorely needed.

Serious question....what can we do other than stage a literal coup? Will donating more actually help? I don't trust them to use my money effectively. We could give Judy and co 3x their current budget but would we see results? The cuck mentality is engrained in the entire AD. Need new blood and nothing else will matter until then.
11/28/2016 (16:35:02) s9er: It cost less to in student fees to launch a man into space than it does get a Charlotte men's basketball team into the NCAA's

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 11:56:46 am
I'll answer that via PM.

cltniners

Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 12:30:52 pm
clt says cuck is the word of the week.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 06:48:52 pm
clt says cuck is the word of the week.
"janky"

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 09:21:57 pm

Serious question....what can we do other than stage a literal coup? Will donating more actually help? I don't trust them to use my money effectively. We could give Judy and co 3x their current budget but would we see results? The cuck mentality is engrained in the entire AD. Need new blood and nothing else will matter until then.

I've cut donations down to the minimum of the $49 cost for the right to keep pestering them about how awful they all are. I've stopped getting basketball season tickets. And I let them know what they've lost from me, do not walk away quietly. We are all part of a codependency, cutting them off is the only way possible way to inact real effective change.

They don't deserve success, and least of all they do not deserve to have any of us as fans.

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

UnclePugsly

• Walk On
Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 09:56:40 pm
Do NOT go gentle into that good night...

ninereast

• Walk On
Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 10:26:14 pm
Bring in Dinkins
and Demarco ASAP as
assistants.

Price is a legend in Ohio and should be recruiting there. Having Price in the living rooms in NE Ohio with parents who watched Price when he played for Cleveland would be ap successful recruiting tool. What do you guys think?

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 10:48:51 pm
Bring in Dinkins
and Demarco ASAP as
assistants.

Price is a legend in Ohio and should be recruiting there. Having Price in the living rooms in NE Ohio with parents who watched Price when he played for Cleveland would be ap successful recruiting tool. What do you guys think?
good point. He'd probably be a better mac recruiter than cusa recruiter.

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 08:11:25 am

What we do is wait to get a new Chancellor and then stage a mass protest at his introduction or at his house asking him to fire judy rose. I am dead serious and I want you all in on this.

ninerJ

• Walk On
Reply #23 on: March 13, 2017, 08:51:23 am
Bring in Dinkins
and Demarco ASAP as
assistants.

Agreed ! And add Withers !

cltniners

Reply #24 on: March 13, 2017, 08:59:25 am
Bring in Dinkins
and Demarco ASAP as
assistants.