Author Topic: Marshall Postgame  (Read 6747 times)

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #75 on: March 06, 2017, 04:44:20 pm
The attendance listed for this game was 7040. There's no way that is accurate right?

That's 2000 more than last season vs Marshall and 1200 more than last years senior night. Both on Saturdays.

Average attendance on the season dropped from 4667 to 4551.

I've found the final game attendance numbers to be very fishy....we've declined but attendance went up?

My guess is so that we didn't hit a record average low, 4367, majors final year.
It's right, we had a great crowd. Senior night + alumni night.

And looked like a ton of schools and youth groups got a bunch of tix as there were a lot of kids there. Relax.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

chidave

• Junior
Reply #76 on: March 06, 2017, 08:03:21 pm
The last game was legitimately the largest crowd of the year. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into Halton.

ninerrbl

• Freshman
Reply #77 on: March 06, 2017, 09:53:38 pm
The attendance listed for this game was 7040. There's no way that is accurate right?

That's 2000 more than last season vs Marshall and 1200 more than last years senior night. Both on Saturdays.

I've found the final game attendance numbers to be very fishy....we've declined but attendance went up?

My guess is so that we didn't hit a record average low, 4367, majors final year.
I think the numbers are right. They were a lot of kids at the game. they ask season ticket holders to purchase tickets for disadvantage youth

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #78 on: March 06, 2017, 10:16:25 pm

I think the numbers are right. They were a lot of kids at the game. they ask season ticket holders to purchase tickets for disadvantage youth

100% tax deduction also I believe.  You can do this for football games too.  Also can purchase tickets for militay appreciation game at $10 a ticket.  I bought 2 when I renewed my season tickets.  If you have season tickets, you should DEFINITELY do this - that's one way to help build the fan base also
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

cltniners

Reply #79 on: March 07, 2017, 06:11:36 am
clt buys 10 tickets for millenials, and then throws them in the trash.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos