Author Topic: Post your emails to the AD here:  (Read 7520 times)

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #100 on: March 26, 2017, 02:20:31 pm
I haven't sent it yet, but I do have a few thoughts.

• Section 104 had people in it again this season.  It is not full, and it is not enthusiastic, but it is not empty.  Thank you for that.
  • We may have the worst sweat wipers in college basketball.  When we have people under the basket to clean up wet spots they are typically too young to understand their role, but sometimes just too disengaged to know that they are needed.  This is first a safety issue and our team certainly cannot afford any sweat-related injuries, but when the ref has to get a towel and clean the floor we are not doing our job.  Perhaps we should hire less ShowPro staff to guard empty seats and spend a few dollars on sweat remediation.
  • At half-time we show our 40 year old run to the Final Four.  It is our highlight and we may never get there again, but when you have seen it a hundred times you no longer pay attention.  Since basketball has no recent highlights perhaps we could show some from other sports.  Call it cross-marketing.
  • Games against Division II teams are exhibitions.  Stop pretending that they are not, and stop making me pay for them as if they count.
  • Your best donors are in the pre-game hospitality suites and when we give our attention to an assistant coach that either has no insight into the game we are about to play, or no ability to muster more than three sentences about the game plan it makes us wonder--are you the right guy for the job, or do you just have somewhere better to be than talking to us?
  • The DJ has been a fun addition.  More 80s Funk!  Mother's Finest, The Gap Band, Rick James.  Students are not paying attention anyway, so we might as well make me happy.
  • Next year skip the half-time mascot game.  Instead let's have special cheer guests--the Topcats, Honey Bees, Checkmates, KnightinGals, Foxes, and of course the FIU Golden Dazzlers.
  • WIN!
In reference to the "sweat remediaters" , I could not agree more. Embarrassing, and more to the point, dangerous.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #101 on: March 27, 2017, 07:55:47 am
I haven't sent it yet, but I do have a few thoughts.

• Section 104 had people in it again this season.  It is not full, and it is not enthusiastic, but it is not empty.  Thank you for that.
  • We may have the worst sweat wipers in college basketball.  When we have people under the basket to clean up wet spots they are typically too young to understand their role, but sometimes just too disengaged to know that they are needed.  This is first a safety issue and our team certainly cannot afford any sweat-related injuries, but when the ref has to get a towel and clean the floor we are not doing our job.  Perhaps we should hire less ShowPro staff to guard empty seats and spend a few dollars on sweat remediation.
  • At half-time we show our 40 year old run to the Final Four.  It is our highlight and we may never get there again, but when you have seen it a hundred times you no longer pay attention.  Since basketball has no recent highlights perhaps we could show some from other sports.  Call it cross-marketing.
  • Games against Division II teams are exhibitions.  Stop pretending that they are not, and stop making me pay for them as if they count.
  • Your best donors are in the pre-game hospitality suites and when we give our attention to an assistant coach that either has no insight into the game we are about to play, or no ability to muster more than three sentences about the game plan it makes us wonder--are you the right guy for the job, or do you just have somewhere better to be than talking to us?
  • The DJ has been a fun addition.  More 80s Funk!  Mother's Finest, The Gap Band, Rick James.  Students are not paying attention anyway, so we might as well make me happy.
  • Next year skip the half-time mascot game.  Instead let's have special cheer guests--the Topcats, Honey Bees, Checkmates, KnightinGals, Foxes, and of course the FIU Golden Dazzlers.
  • WIN!
Sect 104 is for students who would rather sit down and be quiet rather than cheer. Although one can argue that is all the students except the group I sit with, we always stand are try to be as loud as possible.
Funny, but several times we've been told by other students and athletes who play other sports to sit down in the student section. Needless to say we told them to move or deal with it.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #102 on: March 27, 2017, 08:51:58 am
Sect 104 is for students who would rather sit down and be quiet rather than cheer. Although one can argue that is all the students except the group I sit with, we always stand are try to be as loud as possible.
Funny, but several times we've been told by other students and athletes who play other sports to sit down in the student section. Needless to say we told them to move or deal with it.

That's insane. When I graduated (wow, 7 years ago) everyone in 104 stood at least part of the game, sometimes most or all of the game. And at that point we had still been 5 years removed from the tournament.

Things are supposed to get better with time, not worse =(

Back then I thought this was a beginning of a era of school pride and once we got back to success it would skyrocket. So much for that. We used to haggle anyone who wore any other school gear. Now I could see why they would. So depressing.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #103 on: March 27, 2017, 08:56:48 am

That's insane. When I graduated (wow, 7 years ago) everyone in 104 stood at least part of the game, sometimes most or all of the game. And at that point we had still been 5 years removed from the tournament.

Back then I thought this was a beginning of a era of school pride and once we got back to success it would skyrocket. So much for that. We used to haggle anyone who wore any other school gear. Now I could see why they would. So depressing.
Well when you went here that entire side was the student section. Now it's behind the baskets, but they've opened up Sect 104 to students to fill it.
The incident with other athletes telling us to sit down was actually behind one of the baskets last year.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #104 on: March 28, 2017, 08:34:04 am
Anyone get this response from the chancellor?

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #105 on: March 28, 2017, 11:15:23 am

Well when you went here that entire side was the student section. Now it's behind the baskets, but they've opened up Sect 104 to students to fill it.
The incident with other athletes telling us to sit down was actually behind one of the baskets last year.

I think that was an awful idea. I also went to Mississippi State, and they switched to that right before I started. I hadn't been to a bulldogs game before that, but it really split things up there as well. Completely against the idea.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos