Author Topic: 2017 Spring Practice depth chart  (Read 2894 times)

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #25 on: March 24, 2017, 01:02:03 pm
It may be the optimism of the off-season but the more I think about it the better I am feeling about our OL. Although all the injuries on the O-Line cost us a shot at a bowl last year, it did get other players more snaps than they would have gotten. Despite all the people graduating, these aren't all rookies taking their place. Brown, German, and Clark have all shown flashes at T, and Davis is good at LG. If we can develop or get some more help up the middle with the JUCOs we may be in business.

I agree.  I think Davis was our most important player on the offensive side of the ball last season. I feel like Brown and German were competent college offensive linemen.  With the juco's, I hope we can get enough depth to keep Zacherl's reps down.
FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

NinerAdvocate

Reply #26 on: March 24, 2017, 01:04:23 pm
Eason's key, but I absolutely loved Allen's film. He is nasty. Plays like Trai Turner to my eyes.

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #27 on: March 24, 2017, 03:25:21 pm
At the signing day event Lambert's comment was he was surprised no one was asking him who was going to kick for us this year. He then went on to say that they would be bringing some guys in...

I think most of us thought Vansickle was penciled in and that's why we weren't questioning. But Lambert's comments certainly didn't come off as a ringing endorsement.

As for WR, I am looking for big things from TL Ford his senior season. I believe he has legit FBS talent, and I'd like to see him assert himself in our offense (yep I'm throwing down a challenge for you TL, calling you out). I think he can do it. Uriah LeMay is on his last season too. He should step up as well. Bostick - I just hope he can get through the year healthy, because he has been a fan favorite since year 1.

For some reason, I feel like Quattlebaum is going to do something.  He seems like a competent football player, but maybe he's an FCS type guy who is just a beat slow or small.
FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #28 on: March 25, 2017, 11:12:13 am
Just noticed that Klugh is now wearing #7.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #29 on: March 25, 2017, 04:45:35 pm

What number will Olsen be wearing this year?  482-637?

Too soon?   :o
#unc-CHeatingPays

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #30 on: March 25, 2017, 05:48:09 pm

Not too soon. Gone and forgotten in my eyes.  >:(
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

cltniners

Reply #31 on: March 25, 2017, 06:47:24 pm

clt says it is 2016. Innocent until proven guilty.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos