Author Topic: Austin Duke signed by Panthers  (Read 22686 times)

NinerNurse

• Walk On

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #26 on: June 20, 2017, 07:56:51 am
Interview with Jeremy Igo:

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/139065-panthers-receiver-austin-duke/

clt says thanks.

Also, you will appreciate this chat page after visiting CH. the intelligence level can be low there.

NinerLove

• Sophomore
Reply #27 on: June 20, 2017, 09:32:31 am

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/139065-panthers-receiver-austin-duke/

Just started listening to podcast.  But within first 5 minutes Duke mentions how we are "Charlotte" and prefer not to use the UNC Charlotte name because it confuses people with Chapel Hill.  Loving Duke more every day!  ;D

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #28 on: June 20, 2017, 09:36:03 am

Just started listening to podcast.  But within first 5 minutes Duke mentions how we are "Charlotte" and prefer not to use the UNC Charlotte name because it confuses people with Chapel Hill.  Loving Duke more every day!  ;D

clt nominates Duke for the next chancellor.

NinerAdvocate

Reply #29 on: June 20, 2017, 09:37:20 am
These guys from our first class are such awesome representatives of the program. So proud of Austin and hoping his dream comes true!  :cool:

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 04:58:36 pm
These guys from our first class are such awesome representatives of the program. So proud of Austin and hoping his dream comes true!  8)

Gotta admit, if I'm at a Panthers game and one of our guys' names is ever called during introductions, I'm gonna cry like a baby.   :'(
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.”
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

LoyalNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #31 on: June 30, 2017, 11:20:53 am
Looks like Duke is taking over the stories section of the Panthers Instagram today.

NinerLove

• Sophomore
Reply #32 on: June 30, 2017, 12:58:13 pm
Looks like Duke is taking over the stories section of the Panthers Instagram today.

Don't see anything?  Link?

NinerLove

• Sophomore
Reply #33 on: June 30, 2017, 01:05:12 pm
Austin Duke's Path to the Draft...

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

LoyalNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #34 on: June 30, 2017, 01:28:52 pm

Don't see anything?  Link?
I'm not great with social media, not even sure if I can link you to stories on Instagram. If you have the Instagram app and follow the panthers, their stories will pop up at the top of the app. They're all of Duke training down in Tampa today.

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #35 on: July 14, 2017, 05:38:33 pm
Good article. With the new structure of roster cut downs, I think we will see a lot of Duke in the preseason. Can't wait!

http://amp.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article161460718.html

Charlotte local Austin Duke was signed as an undrafted free agent, and is a long shot to make the 53-man roster in an overcrowded receivers room.

But Duke hardly looked like a rookie during spring workouts and wasted no time making a great impression on coaches and teammates – including Newton. Duke did just about everything for his team in college as a Charlotte 49er, and has the versatility and attitude the Panthers value.

Three bold predictions

▪  Duke makes the final roster, edging out fellow undrafted free agent Fred Ross.

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #36 on: July 15, 2017, 02:17:16 pm
Excellent and very detailed article on Duke from the Observer today.

http://amp.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article161570493.html

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #37 on: July 15, 2017, 02:48:53 pm
Awesome article. Super proud of Austin. Really hoping he goes bananas in the preseason. I am unbelievably biased, but I'm starting to convince myself he has a shot.

I know this is totally missing the point... but does this article really say we don't have a playbook?
#bus1

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #38 on: July 15, 2017, 03:31:29 pm
Best Niner article from the Observer in decades.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #39 on: July 15, 2017, 04:07:43 pm
Awesome article. Super proud of Austin. Really hoping he goes bananas in the preseason. I am unbelievably biased, but I'm starting to convince myself he has a shot.

I know this is totally missing the point... but does this article really say we don't have a playbook?

I noticed that as well.

He picked up some of the Panthers’ playbook at rookie minicamp and has dedicated his offseason to memorizing the rest – unlike at Charlotte, where he said he made his own playbook because there was no standard printout.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #40 on: July 15, 2017, 04:10:35 pm

I noticed that as well.

He picked up some of the Panthers’ playbook at rookie minicamp and has dedicated his offseason to memorizing the rest – unlike at Charlotte, where he said he made his own playbook because there was no standard printout.
wow...

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #41 on: July 15, 2017, 05:23:33 pm

I noticed that as well.

wow...
Why am I suspicious that this a misrepresentation of the actual truth.
Oh yea, I just remembered its the Observer. 
Does anyone seriously believe this?

Anyway, we play on a turf field, so we know we ain't drawing up plays in the dirt.  ;D

« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 05:31:13 pm by 4ever niner »

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #42 on: July 15, 2017, 08:10:56 pm
Watching our O, there are many times I think Mullen has 4 total plays- written on the inside cover of a book of matches.

Submarley734

• Senior
Reply #43 on: July 16, 2017, 12:36:18 am
Watching our O, there are many times I think Mullen has 4 total plays- written on the inside cover of a book of matches.

I've said it almost every time I've watched our offense. Does he even have a plan? I'm not saying he has no playbook, but I hate our offense.

Submarley734

• Senior
Reply #44 on: July 16, 2017, 12:41:09 am

I've said it almost every time I've watched our offense. Does he even have a plan? I'm not saying he has no playbook, but I hate our offense.

You know what? I'm sorry about the negativity that I just shared in that last post. This thread is about Duke, not my opinion of Mullen, and I hope he becomes a great Panther wide receiver. I love all of my Niners. GO DUKE!! Be the great NFL player that we know you can be!!!

LoyalNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #45 on: July 16, 2017, 09:52:27 am
I've held off on mentioning this but I guess I'll go ahead. I was talking to a buddy of mine who works for the Panthers. Not in any type of personnel or player evaluation capacity, so grain of salt. But we talked about Duke quite a bit. My buddy talked about how much he's heard about Duke and said he wouldn't be surprised if Duke made the final 53.

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #46 on: July 16, 2017, 11:01:27 am
i think he will be a panther for sure.   could be on the PS but a panther.
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #47 on: July 16, 2017, 03:24:23 pm
He could be a media darling (I hope not) but everything I've heard is positive.  Another thing working in his favor is that he will be cheaper to keep than some of his competition.  Charles Johnson (WR) has a 2.2 mil cap hit.  Shepard is on a 3 yr 10 mil deal (less likely we cut him).  I can't imagine why, if they are playing at a similar level, Austin would get cut especially with Olsen, TD, Star, Trai Turner, and Norwell all needing new contracts.  He can play special teams.  I'm getting my hopes up guys.   

Edit:  We should definitely put together a group and go down to Spartanburg one of these weekends.  Or a few of them.  I'm sure it'd mean a lot to him.  And he basically helped create our program. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 03:30:06 pm by ImfromClayton »
#bus1

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #48 on: July 16, 2017, 06:03:31 pm
You know what? I'm sorry about the negativity that I just shared in that last post. This thread is about Duke, not my opinion of Mullen, and I hope he becomes a great Panther wide receiver. I love all of my Niners. GO DUKE!! Be the great NFL player that we know you can be!!!

You aren't wrong though. I think it's a testament to how good Duke is that he had such poor offensive playing calling and sub-par QB play throughout his college career, and still has a shot at the league.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 06:05:02 pm by MikeNiner11 »

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #49 on: July 20, 2017, 07:25:38 pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAus10Duke/status/888175827715850241/video/1

Austin in Baltimore training with Cam and the receivers.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos