Author Topic: Mark Price adds new assistant coach  (Read 9193 times)

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
Reply #25 on: June 01, 2017, 05:58:07 pm
Look at the guys he already had signed to Hartford
All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #26 on: June 01, 2017, 05:59:39 pm

Is there a link that shows this?

Iron9er

Reply #27 on: June 01, 2017, 06:37:32 pm

Is there a link that shows this?

Just look at the hartford roster and find the foreign names. 

Most don't look so go good statistically, though the Egyptian center looked ok.  Then, again, he was only there for 2 years, so I'm assuming the guys he brought in only have 1 year in the program. 

I'm glad we made a change - what we were doing recruiting wise was not working at all.  Have no idea if this will, but...it's better than the same old thing.  I feel like we are kind of Dalonte Hilling Hartford though and someone will come right around and do the same thing to us in a couple of years if this works out. 

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #28 on: June 01, 2017, 07:24:37 pm
What we had wasn't working. Something new can't be worse. Welcome aboard coach who I have no idea what your name is, where you came from, or what your experience is.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #29 on: June 01, 2017, 08:14:31 pm
clt says lots of comments about euro footspeed.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #30 on: June 01, 2017, 08:35:32 pm
We've had great success with euros in the past so I have great positivity over this move.

Nice!
Solid! Let's see how it plays out to have an assistant with legit ties before crapping on it.  Maybe we should have kept trying to do the same thing repeatedly and see if it changed!

Nice Part 2!!
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #31 on: June 01, 2017, 08:41:50 pm
We've had great success with euros in the past so I have great positivity over this move.

Nice!
Solid! Let's see how it plays out to have an assistant with legit ties before crapping on it.  Maybe we should have kept trying to do the same thing repeatedly and see if it changed!

Nice Part 2!!

See if you can give some insight to these "legit ties". Didn't know coaches with legit ties go to Hartford who was #327 rpi last year to be an assistant. Sounds like fake news. That said, I hope he does well but at this point, little faith in Price. I'll call it just a hire and any change is good at this point.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:50:09 pm by cibik02 »

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #32 on: June 01, 2017, 09:26:17 pm

Nice!

Nice Part 2!!

See if you can give some insight to these "legit ties". Didn't know coaches with legit ties go to Hartford who was #327 rpi last year to be an assistant. Sounds like fake news. That said, I hope he does well but at this point, little faith in Price. I'll call it just a hire and any change is good at this point.
Hartford was his first opportunity to coach in the states at the D1 level. Sorry we can't take coaches from P5's.

Let's give it a few weeks and revisit those "legit ties" and any fake news I'm spewing.

Like I said earlier, guess we should have kept doing the same thing on the recruiting front and expecting different results. Price made a change and it's out-of-the-box. Low risk, high reward.

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #33 on: June 01, 2017, 09:27:47 pm

Nice!

Nice Part 2!!

cibik known hater of puppies and sunshine also.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

Threemire09

• Junior
Reply #34 on: June 01, 2017, 09:53:53 pm
Any news on his recruit, Luka?
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #35 on: June 01, 2017, 10:39:51 pm

Nice!

Nice Part 2!!

Ha. Someone show me some ounce of success on the court and I'll start liking puppies and sunshine. Until then, hiring unproven and unknown guys from the worst team in a conference as bad as ours doesn't give me the jollys.

...but... once again... not being negative, in just saying I'll wait to say "good" hire until he actually does something good. If change is good, hire the uh huh guy.

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #36 on: June 01, 2017, 10:47:04 pm

Nice!

Nice Part 2!!

Ha. Someone show me some ounce of success on the court and I'll start liking puppies and sunshine. Until then, hiring unproven and unknown guys from the worst team in a conference as bad as ours doesn't give me the jollys.

...but... once again... not being negative, in just saying I'll wait to say "good" hire until he actually does something good. If change is good, hire the uh huh guy.

Jeff Goodman‏Verified account
@GoodmanESPN

Hartford lands Serbian wing Luka Vasić, source told ESPN. SMU, Notre Dame, Davidson were all on him. Serbian asst Ivo Simovic got it done.

He also landed Filip Petrusev in the class of '18 who some have ranked as the 2nd best Euro in that class.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

ninerJ

• Walk On
Reply #37 on: June 02, 2017, 09:08:21 am
Wonder if either will follow him here?
If he can sell Hartford, surely the hell he can sell this campus and city !

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #38 on: June 02, 2017, 10:22:39 am

Nice!

Nice Part 2!!

Jeff Goodman‏Verified account
@GoodmanESPN

Hartford lands Serbian wing Luka Vasić, source told ESPN. SMU, Notre Dame, Davidson were all on him. Serbian asst Ivo Simovic got it done.

He also landed Filip Petrusev in the class of '18 who some have ranked as the 2nd best Euro in that class.
to add on to this, if 2nd best euro doesn't mean much to you, some think he's a potential lottery pick.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #39 on: June 02, 2017, 11:53:55 am

ninerJ

• Walk On
Reply #40 on: June 02, 2017, 11:56:17 am
Guess that answered my question !
Crafty (Sneaky) little Mark Price !

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #41 on: June 02, 2017, 03:59:39 pm
So we are sticking it to Hartford like Hill stuck it to us all those years ago!  Redemption!!!
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #42 on: June 02, 2017, 04:43:31 pm
So we are sticking it to Hartford like Hill stuck it to us all those years ago!  Redemption!!!
They say s*** rolls downhill.  This looks like evidence that we are no longer at the bottom of the hill!
#unc-CHeatingPays

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #43 on: June 02, 2017, 08:57:25 pm
a 6'7"/6'8" wing with athletisism, three point shooting and aggressiveness...i'll take it. from everything i read, that 6'10" kid that they have committed for 2018 is thought to be an nba player. let's lock him up now. vasic should give us another scorer, which we needed. i'm startig to be optimistic for next season.

Threemire09

• Junior
Reply #44 on: June 02, 2017, 10:11:29 pm
Reasons for excitement!!
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #45 on: June 04, 2017, 02:57:38 pm
Davidson should be worried.
#unc-CHeatingPays

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #46 on: June 04, 2017, 07:53:15 pm
Another good article about this guy. I really like this hire, especially with the chance that the 6-10 kid with possible NBA talent may come join him in 2018!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.courant.com/sports/basketball/hc-jacobs-column-hartford-serbcoach-11-20161110-column,amp.html

Ninerfan2012

• Freshman
Reply #47 on: June 04, 2017, 07:58:16 pm
Another good article about this guy. I really like this hire, especially with the chance that the 6-10 kid with possible NBA talent may come join him in 2018!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.courant.com/sports/basketball/hc-jacobs-column-hartford-serbcoach-11-20161110-column,amp.html

Makes me feel somewhat bad for Hartford, but excited for our future.

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #48 on: June 04, 2017, 08:36:58 pm

Ha, you must not have been a 49er fan for very long, we are like costanza, we deserve the apartment.... :-)
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #49 on: June 05, 2017, 12:43:32 am

That article made it sound like he was ready to build something special with the program he considered family....and he left after 1 year!?

Why do I get the feeling we're signing up for a short term lease on this hot international recruiting pipeline?
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos