Author Topic: Joint camp with Michigan, WVU, WFU.  (Read 1553 times)

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
on: June 01, 2017, 04:04:57 pm
Don't have many details, but I really like these joint camps on our campus. It brings athletes to our campus who may not typically consider us.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 04:51:20 pm
I'd love to hear the coaches perspective on these. Seems like there are lots of positives and negatives.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 05:06:42 pm
I'd love to hear the coaches perspective on these. Seems like there are lots of positives and negatives.
I don't think there are many negatives for us. A school like Michigan is largely going to be going after guys we are really unlikely to land anyway. They on the other hand may bring some 3 star guys to campus that otherwise might not have visted.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 05:16:16 pm
I don't think there are many negatives for us. A school like Michigan is largely going to be going after guys we are really unlikely to land anyway. They on the other hand may bring some 3 star guys to campus that otherwise might not have visted.

I'm not worried about Michigan, it's more WVU and WFU taking a guy that we found under the radar...like a Larry O.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 05:50:20 pm
They are about to outlaw this right?  Will we be able to host this once, or will it get cancelled if the new rule is passed?
#unc-CHeatingPays

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 08:13:14 pm
clt can report two things

The observer will ignore this

And lambert will get some sweet khakis

upperdeck

• Sophomore
Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 11:48:06 am
I assume some money is involved?

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 08:58:53 am
The AD Office should advertise when & where so we can get people out to cheer & let the prospects know the 49ers have big support.  Or does it have some dumb rule that we can't see it?
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 10:26:41 am
Not sure how I should feel about this that would advance the NINER NATION cause.  :-\ My first instinct is not a positive one  ??? , but I'm open to hearing details about how this really helps US. The article did not satisfy my need for assurance that it really helps US.  :blank:
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

chidave

• Junior
Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 10:45:10 am
I enjoyed the article, I've been on the fence about these camps but feel a little better after reading it. I liked Muschamp's comment about the 300 mile radius from your campus, on the positive we get a ton of recruits within that to see our facilities and campus when we host these.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 10:48:32 am
We had a chance to make an impression on 400 recruits, that's a positive. We had kids here b/c of other schools that wouldn't have came otherwise, I'd say campus probably made a big impression on many.

We're going to lose kids to P5's no matter what.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 10:48:55 am
clt asks if any AD folks were disappointed by the other "carolina" being invited.

NinerAdvocate

Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 12:38:23 pm
Based on my Twitter feed we made several offers. Saw Michigan offer right after us to one kid, so it's a two edged sword. I think it's beneficial just to get to see so many kids at once and rate them against each other.

It also helps our rep in the footprint. You can tell by the HS Coaches, players and parents reactions

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos