Author Topic: C-USA Value Rankings  (Read 930 times)

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
on: June 21, 2017, 08:48:51 am
C-USA Value Rankings: Breaking down the top dogs and dead weight

http://www.sunherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/patrick-magee/article157238319.html

Good potential, but still lagging:

12. CHARLOTTE

Breakdown: Charlotte was a smart addition when Conference USA needed to bolster its roster with a large market. Unfortunately, the 49ers havenít delivered much in menís basketball since rejoining in 2013. The football team is coming off a promising 4-8 season in it just its second season the FBS level.

Facilities: Charlotte didnít exactly go big when it built 15,314-seat Jerry Richardson Stadium. Halton Arena is a quality gym while the baseball stadium is quaint, but nice.

Fan support: Itís hard to gauge support for a football program thatís just getting going, but the 49ers did average 4,551 fans a game for menís basketball this past season.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 08:58:49 am
5th year football program holding its own, our once proud basketball program is the anchor. 

Go back 20 years and no one would have believed that's how it would work out.
Mahna Mahna

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 09:19:36 am
5th year football program holding its own, our once proud basketball program is the anchor. 

Football holdings its own lol

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 09:32:27 am
They should of mentioned  to our conference mates that Charlotte's full potential will not be realized until Judy is gone.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 09:44:43 am

Brand new program, 4-8 in 2nd FBS season, in bowl contention with 3 games (2 of which were close losses) to play with road wins over USM and Marshall.  Some of you I think had/have way out of line expectations.  Sure I want to win more, but football has progressed very well.

Basketball on the other hand has been a dumpster fire and almost all of our own making.
Mahna Mahna

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 09:48:42 am

Brand new program, 4-8 in 2nd FBS season, in bowl contention with 3 games (2 of which were close losses) to play with road wins over USM and Marshall.  Some of you I think had/have way out of line expectations.  Sure I want to win more, but football has progressed very well.

Basketball on the other hand has been a dumpster fire and almost all of our own making.
I love what the football team has done, but they are not holding anything. Never won an FBS game at home. Completely s*** the bed with the bowl contention on the line. Was a foot out of bounds on a hail mary from being 3-7. They have done good and I don't want to come off an negative nor start a tangent so I will stop. For the sake of the program I hope they can build some momentum this year. My beef is more with the coach, not the effort nor the program.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 11:12:17 am
They should of mentioned  to our conference mates that Charlotte's full potential will not be realized until Judy is gone.

Our Number 12 ranking is not Judy's fault.  We would have done better in this ranking if they had considered WBB instead of baseball.  And it's not her fault we do not have enough students to fill a larger football stadium.

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 07:31:29 pm
clt says wbb had to move their camp to belk due to mbb camp being held in haltron.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos