Author Topic: Who Will Win CUSA? -Hattiesburg American  (Read 1151 times)

chidave

• Junior

Tintin

• Senior
FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 03:27:36 pm
Glad to see someone not buying into FIU and FAU hype. Both coaches can recruit but both will be gone before that talent really pays off.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 03:31:02 pm
Can't wait for the Charlotte Observer's C-USA preview to come out.  ;D

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 03:52:09 pm
Glad to see someone not buying into FIU and FAU hype. Both coaches can recruit but both will be gone before that talent really pays off.
I don't see davis going anywhere,  at least not ad a hc. He has had multiple stints and is pretty old. I don't think most better programs would bother with him at this point.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 04:19:49 pm
I don't see davis going anywhere,  at least not ad a hc. He has had multiple stints and is pretty old. I don't think most better programs would bother with him at this point.

I just think they are both going to bail when the going gets tough and I can imagine everyone is expecting immediate success in CUSA.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 04:23:10 pm

Since we have acc football in this state, I doubt we see anything about CUSA from the O.  Mississippi does not have any football teams in a "big time" conference.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 04:26:30 pm by 49r9r »
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

chidave

• Junior
Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 04:26:48 pm
I really hope we obliterate the Kiffsters to secure our 6th win and Christmas in the Bahamas. Please make it so Football Gods.

ghostofclt

• Freshman
Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 05:10:29 pm

Since we have acc football in this state, I doubt we see anything about CUSA from the O.  Mississippi does not have any football teams in a "big time" conference.

clt says good points. if Mississippi had an acc team, they would need to cover it mostly

Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 07:54:48 am

Ole Miss?
“All that is best in the great poets of all countries is not what is national in them, but what is universal”

ghostofclt

• Freshman
Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 08:09:33 am

Ole Miss?

clt says you missed the joke. The humour was based on the fact that the Hattiesburg paper actually covers cusa and southern miss despite being located in the heart of the best football conference in the galaxy. Mike P and his like will tell you that they cannot cover the 49ers because they have to cover the acc. Despite the fact that the n and o is the paper of record for the acc, and we are closer to Columbia than Raleigh, NC.

Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 10:02:56 am

Ole Miss?

clt says you Ole Missed the joke. The humour was based on the fact that the Hattiesburg paper actually covers cusa and southern miss despite being located in the heart of the best football conference in the galaxy. Mike P and his like will tell you that they cannot cover the 49ers because they have to cover the acc. Despite the fact that the n and o is the paper of record for the acc, and we are closer to Columbia than Raleigh, NC.

Fixed
“All that is best in the great poets of all countries is not what is national in them, but what is universal”

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 10:10:49 am
Ole Miss gets its name as the slang name for the plantation owner's wife.

The entire student body enlisted at the beginning of the war. Only 4 were left alive at the beginning of the 1861 Fall semester and the school temporarily shut down.

As much as I like Faulkner Oxford is a pretty eerie place...

Anyway. I think we can make it to 4th this year. Fingers crossed.

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 09:46:41 pm
Ole Miss gets its name as the slang name for the plantation owner's wife. zero

The entire student body enlisted at the beginning of the war. Only 4 were left alive at the beginning of the 1861 Fall semester and the school temporarily shut down.

As much as I like Faulkner Oxford is a pretty eerie place...
While "Ole Miss" may be a derivative of the antebellum African-American term "ol' missus," it was actually the winning entry for a contest to name the campus yearbook in 1897. Eventually became the informal name for the school as well.

As far as the student body enlisting in the Confederate Army, it was all but four students who joined the Rebel forces. The "University Grays" were very much alive in 1861 - it was at the Battle of Gettysburg in 1863 that Company A of the 11th Mississippi suffered 100% casualties when the entire group was either killed or wounded at Pickett's Charge.

As far as Oxford goes, my recollection is more typical Southern  college town. Not that those places can't be eerie!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:49:00 pm by Run49er »

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 12:32:00 pm
I predict WE win Cusa.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos