Author Topic: AM730  (Read 4302 times)

Wonderbread and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #25 on: July 18, 2017, 02:51:24 pm
It seems that years ago when we left WFNZ and went to 730 people were excited because we were dumping those clowns that talked bad about us.  Then when we left 730 and went back to WFNZ people were excited because 730 had less power than a nightlight and being on a station we can get--even if it was a bunch of clowns--was better than one with no reach.  Now we are leaving the clowns again for 730.  I guess if I can get our games on the TuneIn or ESPN app this is the right move.
ESPN 730 isn't the best station in the world and in the few months I interned there we talked about the Niners once. So it wouldn't shock me if we paid them because they didn't seem to give us much pub anyways.

The first run the Niners had on 730 they seemed enthused about having us, especially football. I don't blame them for dropping off of that enthusiasm once we went back to 610. They're a business and they have a product to sell and that wasn't us at the time.

I was willing, since they had changed some things personnel wise in the interim, to give 610 another shot, but I wasn't overly thrilled when I first heard we were moving back. FudgePacker and his show of fools had put a real bad taste in most Niner fans mouths.

The only complaint I had from 730 was the nighttime range issue and I think they upped the signal right before we left them. Now I only listen to terrestrial radio when I want to hear the post game report after football. Usually I'm still buried in the Union Deck, so I only catch the tail end. If the station can get me a signal there (and they didn't in the past), and they're regular shows don't actively make fun of us, I'll be satisfied personally.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #26 on: July 18, 2017, 03:24:11 pm
In Kannapolis....the 730 signal is tough to pick up during the day....much less at night.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #27 on: July 18, 2017, 03:28:29 pm
In Kannapolis....the 730 signal is tough to pick up during the day....much less at night.
Move closer

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #28 on: July 18, 2017, 04:19:58 pm
I am happy that we are partnering with a station that WANTS to partner with us....just wished it reached more people than just 15min outside of charlotte.  Otherwise, it's hard to expand the brand on the limited signal reach.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Sophomore
Reply #29 on: July 18, 2017, 06:48:02 pm
Gerry V is captivating. Evidently knows Mark Price well which is good for us. I like it so far.

Some of you guys saying you can't get 730 that live in the metro area need to invest in a new radio. I was getting a crystal clear signal in the parking lot of the Greensboro coliseum today in my piece of junk vehicle.  I don't even think youre supposed to get that out there.  If your signal is blocked by power lines, large buildings, or something that's different and I'm not referring to you.
#bus1

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #30 on: July 18, 2017, 07:29:17 pm
If your signal is blocked by power lines, large buildings, or something that's different and I'm not referring to you.
What about a big package?

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #31 on: July 18, 2017, 08:22:26 pm
Gerry V is captivating. Evidently knows Mark Price well which is good for us. I like it so far.

Some of you guys saying you can't get 730 that live in the metro area need to invest in a new radio. I was getting a crystal clear signal in the parking lot of the Greensboro coliseum today in my piece of junk vehicle. I don't even think youre supposed to get that out there.  If your signal is blocked by power lines, large buildings, or something that's different and I'm not referring to you.
What time of day were you in Greensboro? Definitely a difference in signal during daylight and nighttime hours.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #32 on: July 20, 2017, 06:55:34 am
Klugh to be on @9:15 this morning.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #33 on: July 20, 2017, 10:44:43 am

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #34 on: July 21, 2017, 03:28:04 pm
According to the Davidson fans they are now not on 730 either.  This feels like a victory.
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #35 on: July 21, 2017, 03:39:58 pm
According to the Davidson fans they are now not on 730 either.  This feels like a victory.

Will Davidson have some of their games broadcast on 95.7 FM again this year?  I hope not because it interrupts the music and pisses me off that THEY are on that station instead of us.  It seems in recent years that there was always a NC State or Davidson game on that station during basketball season.  And it's a strong station, ranging from southern VA almost to Columbia, SC, and from western Forsyth County to the NC mountains. 

I was told by a very reliable source a few years ago that the only way Davidson landed those broadcasts was because our AD said no to that package.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:43:29 pm by 49r9r »
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #36 on: July 21, 2017, 08:50:53 pm

Will Davidson have some of their games broadcast on 95.7 FM again this year?  I hope not because it interrupts the music and pisses me off that THEY are on that station instead of us.  It seems in recent years that there was always a NC State or Davidson game on that station during basketball season.  And it's a strong station, ranging from southern VA almost to Columbia, SC, and from western Forsyth County to the NC mountains. 

I was told by a very reliable source a few years ago that the only way Davidson landed those broadcasts was because our AD said no to that package.
WXRC-FM is the Charlotte-area affiliate of the Wolfpack Sports Network and  broadcasts State football in addition to men's basketball.

NinerWupAss

• Gulag
  • Chancellor
Reply #37 on: July 22, 2017, 08:01:37 am

It's true.  It's been awhile now, but we had an option that would have put half our games on WXRC and half on AM.  Our AD said no because she wanted all our games in one place.  When we said no, Davidson picked up the deal.  Then our AD demanded to know how they got on FM and we didn't.  🙄

Mahna Mahna

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #38 on: July 22, 2017, 02:54:12 pm

WXRC-FM is the Charlotte-area affiliate of the Wolfpack Sports Network and  broadcasts State football in addition to men's basketball.

That is correct.  And if Davidson has a game and NC State does not, 95.7 (WXRC) will broadcast the Davidson game.  Like NWA stated, we had that same opportunity but our AD turned it down. 

chidave

• Junior
Reply #39 on: July 27, 2017, 07:51:17 am
Lambert to be on @8:30 this morning.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #40 on: July 27, 2017, 05:36:15 pm

It's true.  It's been awhile now, but we had an option that would have put half our games on WXRC and half on AM.  Our AD said no because she wanted all our games in one place.  When we said no, Davidson picked up the deal.  Then our AD demanded to know how they got on FM and we didn't.  🙄
So we ducked ourselves instead of Favidson, then. Nice

chidave

• Junior

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Sophomore
Reply #42 on: August 04, 2017, 02:01:58 pm
I don't know how much you guys have been listening, but 730 has done some intros with old 49er radio calls. This week I heard a Jon davis buzzer beater and the dunk at the buzzer (can't remember who) from recently. It was good stuff.
#bus1

chidave

• Junior
Reply #43 on: August 04, 2017, 02:18:59 pm
I listen to them on my commute and hear a commercial about them being the new voice of the Niners daily. Now if I could just hear some football ticket advertising on it for us instead of Clemson my drive will be complete bliss  :).

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #44 on: August 04, 2017, 02:30:29 pm
Why don't we advertise football tickets are available for the upcoming season? Remind people we have football and pretend like we are a big deal.  ???

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #45 on: August 04, 2017, 04:41:40 pm
Why don't we advertise football tickets are available for the upcoming season? Remind people we have football and pretend like we are a big deal.  ???

Nah.  That money will be better spent if we use it to promote women's basketball.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #46 on: August 04, 2017, 06:36:46 pm

Nah.  That money will be better spent if we use it to promote women's basketball.
True that! You've no idea how expensive those little "game tonight" signs posted on campus are.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #47 on: August 09, 2017, 06:49:04 am
Price to be on @9 this morning.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #48 on: August 10, 2017, 06:43:21 am
Karrington King on at 7:00 this morning.

ghostofclt

• Freshman
Reply #49 on: August 10, 2017, 06:58:09 am
Karrington King on at 7:00 this morning.

clt is sleeping and will miss it.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos