Author Topic: 2017 Preseason Football Thread  (Read 7449 times)

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
Reply #75 on: August 08, 2017, 09:01:04 am
I like concrete

I like a lot of your football opinions, but I hate this one.

It's about branding, something we do a HORRIBLE job of. This is the standard:

Ours looked more like UTSA's, but it's still better than bare walls. If they want to replace it with a better fitting one, or paint (expensive), I'm okay with that.

I think you're wrong that it's gone unless they are just replacing it. But if you're right, that's just another in a long list of reasons to not renew tickets because this AD just doesn't get it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 09:10:26 am by NinerAdvocate »
Charlotte 49ers - TITLE IX CHAMPIONS, July 1, 1990- Present!

Official 49ers AD Moto: Minimum Necessarium Esse, Nihil Magis

https://i.imgur.com/74Mcl1t.jpg

NormsNinerNation

• Freshman
Reply #76 on: August 08, 2017, 09:09:59 am
I feel like they're gonna put something new up. I also wouldn't be shocked if they pull some bs and leave it bare concrete
#StateOfCharlotte

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #77 on: August 08, 2017, 09:11:14 am
I feel like they're gonna put something new up. I also wouldn't be shocked if they pull some bs and leave it bare concrete

They take it down every off season to update the advertisers on it. I would be shocked if they didn't put it up again. That's easy ad space to sale.

MeanJoeGreen

• Sophomore
Reply #78 on: August 08, 2017, 09:43:43 am
Thanks.  I like the idea, but hate the fact that the wrap is too large for the wall.  I would prefer concrete with other advertising options to a wrap that cuts off the top and bottom of your "brand".  Did they get that at TJ Max or some BFE outlet mall?  Didn't it show up about the time Jerry Rich donated all that money?  That man would have not allowed his Panthers brand to be displayed like that. 

chidave

• Junior
Reply #79 on: August 08, 2017, 09:49:35 am
USM's looks awesome but there's no ads. I guess they don't sell them for the wall? That's a little surprising if so, I know all of us are cash starved.

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
Reply #80 on: August 08, 2017, 09:56:26 am
USM's looks awesome but there's no ads. I guess they don't sell them for the wall? That's a little surprising if so, I know all of us are cash starved.

IIRC they load the other side up with ads. They also seem to change theirs a lot. Their bottom retaining wall was white a couple of years back (and loaded with ads).
Charlotte 49ers - TITLE IX CHAMPIONS, July 1, 1990- Present!

Official 49ers AD Moto: Minimum Necessarium Esse, Nihil Magis

https://i.imgur.com/74Mcl1t.jpg

Lancer49er

• Walk On
    • http://
Reply #81 on: August 08, 2017, 12:23:00 pm
Could the AD be convinced to plant tall cedars in front of the wall so the fans can't see what is happening on the field?

charlottewkndbuzz

• Walk On
Reply #82 on: August 08, 2017, 12:37:15 pm
Could the AD be convinced to plant tall cedars in front of the wall so the fans can't see what is happening on the field?

I know the renderings that came out a long time ago are probably old versions. But I remember in one of the renders, in the expanded stadium one, that there were tall brick pillars with arches.  So it would create more of a wall/barrier than the existing fence.  Having the upper deck will also help put more butts in seats as well, preventing ppl from just hanging on the concourses watching the game.

*Side note:  Been away all last week and haven't researched it yet, but did Duke have a good showing at Fan Fest?  Also, how much playing time do you guys think he'll get tomorrow (First preseason game)? 

MeanJoeGreen

• Sophomore
Reply #83 on: August 08, 2017, 12:44:17 pm
oHaKipiF?

ghostofclt

• Freshman
Reply #84 on: August 08, 2017, 02:31:41 pm
clt says phil told them to tear it down.

chidave

• Junior

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #86 on: August 15, 2017, 04:14:19 pm
Season F-ball tix and parking passes book received today. YES!!     :p ;D :p
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

chidave

• Junior
Reply #87 on: August 15, 2017, 08:41:32 pm

Ninerfan2012

• Freshman
Reply #88 on: August 15, 2017, 08:55:51 pm
One thing I like about Lambert is how he communicates the goals of the program to the fanbase and the expectation of the coaches.

Doesn't happen much around this athletic department.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #89 on: August 16, 2017, 09:41:36 am

ghostofclt

• Freshman

d_whitley

• Walk On
  • Charlotte c/o 17'
Reply #91 on: August 16, 2017, 05:16:13 pm

At least this fine event won't be held during at the same time as a panthers game this season 😒
#RockSolid #49ersMBB #NinerStandards
Twitter: d_whitley1 - 49Shades_Green

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Sophomore
Reply #92 on: August 16, 2017, 08:52:38 pm
Listening to lambert talk, I think he likes our guys literally everywhere but D line. And I think our d line may be exceptionally awful. It's hard to win in this game with a bad d line.

Will be something to watch.
#bus1

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #93 on: August 16, 2017, 09:08:24 pm
Listening to lambert talk, I think he likes our guys literally everywhere but D line. And I think our d line may be exceptionally awful. It's hard to win in this game with a bad d line.

Will be something to watch.

Even if we had a good D line would they ever blitz?

MeanJoeGreen

• Sophomore
Reply #94 on: August 17, 2017, 10:54:33 pm
We seem to have some thick freshmen and redshirt freshmen available for the defense line.  Surely we can find 3 strong kids who are large and take charge.  I really like those linebackers.  All the linemen need to do is protect the linebackers.  We don't need them to be Larry for that.  Larry was more like 4-3 Warren Sapp than he was a 3-4 Casey Hampton. 

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos