Author Topic: If you want Football at Charlotte READ THIS!!!  (Read 181804 times)

charlotteguy88

• Junior
Reply #1050 on: October 25, 2013, 02:05:47 pm
Not that I have any clue how these other schools faired in their recruiting leading up to FBS, but we're showing we can recruit in the top-10 of the conference already.  If our recruiting sheds any reasonable light on our future performance, we won't be in the basement of C-USA even at first and beyond that, makes .500 in conference play realistic much sooner than later.

Looking at 2016, we will have 1 year of FBS under our belt, and our 4 OOC, 3 are easily winnable.  Assume that Temple and EMU are still bottom dwellers and we go 3-1 out of conference in 2016.  All we have to do then is go 3-5 in conference to be bowl eligible.  Seems like we have a good shot at that.

MEGRNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #1051 on: October 25, 2013, 04:15:51 pm
Not that I have any clue how these other schools faired in their recruiting leading up to FBS, but we're showing we can recruit in the top-10 of the conference already.  If our recruiting sheds any reasonable light on our future performance, we won't be in the basement of C-USA even at first and beyond that, makes .500 in conference play realistic much sooner than later.

Looking at 2016, we will have 1 year of FBS under our belt, and our 4 OOC, 3 are easily winnable.  Assume that Temple and EMU are still bottom dwellers and we go 3-1 out of conference in 2016.  All we have to do then is go 3-5 in conference to be bowl eligible.  Seems like we have a good shot at that.

Waiter..... I'll have what he is having.

charlotteguy88

• Junior
Reply #1052 on: October 25, 2013, 04:33:10 pm

What? What do you guys expect us to do, go 0-12 in our 2nd year of FBS?  It's really not that hard to win 6 games, even Duke does it from time to time

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #1053 on: October 25, 2013, 05:13:31 pm

The GREEN Kool-Aid and green-tinted glasses, comin' right up!  ;)
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #1054 on: October 25, 2013, 07:24:05 pm

What? What do you guys expect us to do, go 0-12 in our 2nd year of FBS?  It's really not that hard to win 6 games, even Duke does it from time to time

Good point.  It took us less than 10 years to make it to the Final Four in basketball from the time we started playing D1.  I realize it's a little tougher in football, but look at USF.  They did not exactly waste any time in hitting it big in football, and they had been in the same conferences as us for close to 30 years.

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

Powerbait

Reply #1055 on: October 25, 2013, 07:29:50 pm
USF has been good, but not big time.  They've never been to a major bowl, they've never won double digit games and they've never been ranked at the end of the year. 

charlotteguy88

• Junior
Reply #1056 on: October 25, 2013, 07:46:36 pm
Not saying we will go bowling in 2016 but saying we have a shot based on who we play...now with our niner luck we will beat elon and our other 11 opponents will get ranked in the top 25 at some point during that season lol

cltniners

Reply #1057 on: October 25, 2013, 09:10:41 pm
clt says lambert may red shirt a few of this year's true freshman next season. Per David Scott story in the o.

PARMAN

• Sophomore
Reply #1058 on: October 25, 2013, 10:02:10 pm
clt says lambert may red shirt a few of this year's true freshman next season. Per David Scott story in the o.

That is probably the smartest thing to do for the long term. The only thing we get next year is the thrill of revenge against a few teams. 

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #1059 on: October 26, 2013, 04:57:27 pm

Its far more likely we go 0-12 than go to a bowl. You reference some bottom dwellers in a latter post, they have guys not in the rotation that would start for us. There is a huge difference in what we have played this year and what we will see in 15 and 16.

The reality is, if we are only going to be judged by our record, we are probably be in trouble. Even with absolute home run recruiting classes this year and next, 15 is going to be a new world, and 16 won't be much easier.

charlotteguy88

• Junior
Reply #1060 on: October 26, 2013, 10:00:52 pm

Its far more likely we go 0-12 than go to a bowl. You reference some bottom dwellers in a latter post, they have guys not in the rotation that would start for us. There is a huge difference in what we have played this year and what we will see in 15 and 16.

The reality is, if we are only going to be judged by our record, we are probably be in trouble. Even with absolute home run recruiting classes this year and next, 15 is going to be a new world, and 16 won't be much easier.
again not saying we will but saying its more likely for us to win some guys and have a few close ones that could go either way than for us to end up 1-11 and be horrible...we will probably end 4-8 but its football, two plays out of the 100+ during can be the difference. Like today if we hadn't got tackled for a safety and ended driving the field and scoring its a tie game, or if we had scored after recovering the safety kick its a different game. I just see several winnable games in 2016, we probably win 3-4 of them but if we have a couple of things go our way in some games we could end up 6-6, or we could have our inexperience show and end up 2-10....i just don't see how people assume it'll be a decade before we win 6 games in fbs. And yes we will be judged because people want a winner. But enough about the future, we have 3 more this year to enjoy

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #1061 on: November 28, 2013, 10:04:12 am
New to my long list of things for which I am thankful: NINER FOOTBALL!!!!
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

cltniners

Reply #1062 on: August 11, 2016, 07:11:12 pm
clt is glad we have football.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos