Author Topic: Best Place to Tailgate  (Read 5922 times)

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #25 on: August 18, 2017, 08:20:15 am
I am going to purchase young alumni season tickets this weekend, but am still deciding on what tailgating pass to purchase. 

I'd like to be able to grill and am leaning towards the Purple West Rooftop.  I was just wondering if there are a lot of people in that deck?  I have only tailgated in Silver, and the CRI since graduation. 

Or should I spend a little more for another rooftop?

With the loss of the black lot most of the folks with the ambulance are giving the blue lot a try this year.  That is the lot near cone deck and belk gym.

Ok cool, is that only for FSL holders though?

http://packthemine49.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/2017-FSL-Holder-Parking-Options.pdf

I believe the lot is, but the cone deck is not. 
Mahna Mahna

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #26 on: August 18, 2017, 08:26:15 am
I think we should all just show up in the area that used to be the black lot anyway.
#bus1

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #27 on: August 18, 2017, 09:04:42 am
Black lot or the grassy area between Halton and Cone Deck. If people do it right, that area could be our own version of the Grove.

I know this post is 4 years old, but with many folks moving over to the Blue lot near this area, I wonder if we could get some folks setting up in that grass area? 

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #28 on: August 18, 2017, 09:41:49 am
Black lot or the grassy area between Halton and Cone Deck. If people do it right, that area could be our own version of the Grove.

I know this post is 4 years old, but with many folks moving over to the Blue lot near this area, I wonder if we could get some folks setting up in that grass area?

This sounds like fun.  Sort of a grown up version of what the students now have, which is terrific.  However, do not be upset when/if the tailgating police make you move because you know they are not going to want anyone to be any place that does not have a price tag on it.
#unc-CHeatingPays

NinerAdvocate

Reply #29 on: August 18, 2017, 09:58:17 am
I had commented that the area up there would be perfect for a Grove like setup to an older alum just a couple weeks ago. He loved the idea. Wonder if there is any ability to "make it so"?

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #30 on: August 18, 2017, 01:08:07 pm

This sounds like fun.  Sort of a grown up version of what the students now have, which is terrific.  However, do not be upset when/if the tailgating police make you move because you know they are not going to want anyone to be any place that does not have a price tag on it.

It's next to blue lot - there's the price.  They didn't really listen to me when they were revamping the lot structure. 
Mahna Mahna

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #31 on: August 18, 2017, 03:06:11 pm
How do folks get their gear to the grove? Golf cart?

MEGRNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #32 on: August 19, 2017, 01:03:07 am
I am going to purchase young alumni season tickets this weekend, but am still deciding on what tailgating pass to purchase. 

I'd like to be able to grill and am leaning towards the Purple West Rooftop.  I was just wondering if there are a lot of people in that deck?  I have only tailgated in Silver, and the CRI since graduation. 

With the loss of the black lot most of the folks with the ambulance are giving the blue lot a try this year.  That is the lot near cone deck and belk gym.

Will the Normbulasine make an appearance this year?

BleEDgreen49er

• Freshman
Reply #33 on: August 19, 2017, 10:29:22 pm
Me and my cronies chose Red Lot... across from new black old silver, health center/ Witherspoon lot.  Should be decent there as well.  If not we will relocate next year.

emf

• Senior
Reply #34 on: August 20, 2017, 10:53:26 am
Me and my cronies chose Red Lot... across from new black old silver, health center/ Witherspoon lot.  Should be decent there as well.  If not we will relocate next year.
I'm curious to hear how the student integration goes, think only Silver lot had it last year, don't know how many students tailgated there vs. the village.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #35 on: August 20, 2017, 11:12:31 am
I'm curious to hear how the student integration goes, think only Silver lot had it last year, don't know how many students tailgated there vs. the village.
students skipping the village are making a mistake.  The tailgating village looks awesome.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #36 on: August 20, 2017, 02:25:05 pm
clt says there ain't no village

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7lPJSDCkwW0

emf

• Senior
Reply #37 on: August 20, 2017, 03:39:57 pm
students skipping the village are making a mistake.  The tailgating village looks awesome.
On the other hand, the 100 students returning to the dorms from the village prior to kickoff isn't quite so awesome.

trickynbc

• Freshman
  • BSEE 2010, I Wanna Go Fast!
Reply #38 on: August 21, 2017, 08:32:43 am

The Normbulance and the Normo Limo will be together in the Blue lot this year.
"Why not pick Charlotte?" - Joe Thompson

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #39 on: August 22, 2017, 01:43:56 pm

Belk Side or Brocker Side?
DUCK FAVIDSON

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #40 on: August 22, 2017, 02:19:07 pm
On the other hand, the 100 students returning to the dorms from the village prior to kickoff isn't quite so awesome.

This can be fixed. Want to go to the student tailgate? Go to the previous game.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #41 on: August 22, 2017, 03:29:13 pm

Myself and our tailgate crew will be in Blue lot as well I believe! See you there!
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #42 on: August 22, 2017, 03:44:58 pm
I saw that the Athletic Dept is running a contest where you take a selfie with "picks up" in front of one of the 49ers Football billboards on the way to the beach, then post it on one of their social media sites, and they will draw one to win a Gold lot season parking pass.
#unc-CHeatingPays

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #43 on: August 22, 2017, 05:02:07 pm

Belk.

emf

• Senior
Reply #44 on: August 22, 2017, 05:12:35 pm
Just for FYI and newer folks, "Brocker" is Memorial Hall now, home to ROTC. Health Center moved to a new building other side of campus.

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #45 on: August 23, 2017, 08:58:31 am
Just for FYI and newer folks, "Brocker" is Memorial Hall now, home to ROTC. Health Center moved to a new building other side of campus.

These damned whippersnapper GenZees think they can just call buildings whatever they want now, eh?
DUCK FAVIDSON

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #46 on: August 23, 2017, 01:41:22 pm
Beside the Normbulance.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

emf

• Senior
Reply #47 on: August 27, 2017, 02:53:51 pm
Just saw this notice on the 49er Club login page:

Football Parking - please note the following areas are sold out: Green CRI 1, Green CRI 1A, Green CRI 2, Green CRI 2A, Green CRI 3, Green CRI 3A, Orange CRI Deck Rooftop, Yellow Union Deck Rooftop and Purple West Deck Rooftop.

So, in other words, that means all of CRI parking is sold out (excluding the Gold horseshoe lot), as well as any deck rooftop tailgating.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #48 on: August 28, 2017, 10:18:36 am
https://gfycat.com/SlimFixedIberiannase

clt says get ready to tailgate!

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos