Author Topic: Olsen arrested  (Read 8575 times)

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 07:53:01 pm

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 07:57:50 pm
Why did we take the chance on this guy with Klugh already on the roster again?
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

Hawthorne_49er

• Freshman
Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 08:03:10 pm
We gambled and lost.  From the outside looking in it appeared that if anyone was going to be able to turn things around it would be him because he had the support around him.  Some kids have to learn the hard way.  If he is guilty, I hope they throw the book at him.  No excuse for that.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 08:08:27 pm
Sad. Hope the victim is alright. Olsen sucked as a QB and has so far sucked ass at being a decent human. Good riddance.

ProudNiner13

• Walk On
Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 08:34:25 pm
Last shot for the guy. Hate that this kid was associated with out program. Not the kind of publicity I like to see our school in.
Hating the Tar Holes since '89

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 08:50:18 pm
Is this guilty before proven innocent? Seems everyone has already made up their minds on this one without any facts yet. Let's let the legal process work before we throw him off the Dalton Tower.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 09:01:56 pm
Well S#!7    >:D
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 09:38:00 pm
Is this guilty before proven innocent? Seems everyone has already made up their minds on this one without any facts yet. Let's let the legal process work before we throw him off the Dalton Tower.
None of us will be on the jury.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 09:44:00 pm
All you can ask is that justice is served. Glad to hear the program is handling this in the correct fashion.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:00:06 pm by 2k »

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 09:48:40 pm
 well, this will answer the question that casual fans across the country will be asking: "Charlotte has football?"
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 09:58:22 pm
All you can ask is that justice is served. Glad to hear the program is handling this in the correct fashion.
true. Could be worse (cough Baylor cough)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:00:18 pm by 2k »

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 10:29:39 pm
This is bad. Trash on and off the field. I agree with above post, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
I hope justice is served in an honest manner, but I have no tolerance for this crap. Hate that he is associated with Charlotte
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

contemptor

• Sophomore
Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 08:50:59 am
hey guys, we made the espn front page

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 09:11:24 am
Walking into work the Belmont Abbey grad who worships Davidson & UK starts talking smack about how we were on ESPN.  I don't him to shut it.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

akjones989

• Walk On
Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 09:17:41 am
The comments on espn.com are kind of unfair to us.

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 09:29:00 am
Everyone complains about schools that hide crimes.  We have full disclosure, & get blasted for it.

Now would have been a good time for the media to screw up our name as UNC.   >:(
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:16:29 am by stonecoldken »
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

cltniners

49er96

• MemberPF
  • Sophomore
Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 09:54:48 am
It's everywhere.  Sad.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #19 on: February 20, 2017, 09:55:38 am
It is everywhere, but what do you expect when a former 4 star QB with a super star brother gets charged with rape. I commend the university and athletic department for being as open as they can be about this.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #20 on: February 20, 2017, 10:14:01 am
Suspension is not enough, IMO. If it was a guy who'd been with us from the beginning of his career and had no prior character concerns, it'd be one thing... but this isn't that.

This isn't a case of "guilty until proven innocent" either. Nobody is playing judge or jury here.

What this is is a kid who we took a chance on. He'd had a sordid history before he came here, gotten kicked off of the teams at Miami and Towson. He was on a zero-tolerance tightrope.

Whether he actually is guilty or not, he put himself in this position and as a result has cast a negative light on a young program. There should be no place for that on our roster. Full stop.
DUCK FAVIDSON

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 10:24:27 am
Suspension is not enough, IMO. If it was a guy who'd been with us from the beginning of his career and had no prior character concerns, it'd be one thing... but this isn't that.

This isn't a case of "guilty until proven innocent" either. Nobody is playing judge or jury here.

What this is is a kid who we took a chance on. He'd had a sordid history before he came here, gotten kicked off of the teams at Miami and Towson. He was on a zero-tolerance tightrope.

Whether he actually is guilty or not, he put himself in this position and as a result has cast a negative light on a young program. There should be no place for that on our roster. Full stop.

I suspect suspension is just following a process they have in place to protect the school from legal ramifications.  Suspension, then termination of relationship after the proper communication and investigation.  I am pretty sure they have a defined process they follow regardless of the individual or action. 
Mahna Mahna

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #22 on: February 20, 2017, 10:25:35 am

I suspect suspension is just following a process they have in place to protect the school from legal ramifications.  Suspension, then termination of relationship after the proper communication and investigation.  I am pretty sure they have a defined process they follow regardless of the individual or action.
Agreed, NWA. They have a process and are handling things they way they should be. You have to let the process run its course, then take final action.

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #23 on: February 20, 2017, 12:00:36 pm
Some pretty awful details emerging from today's court appearance. Kevin needs some serious mental help.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article133797989.html

NinerAdvocate

Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 12:13:24 pm
The details seem a bit too severe for a living-in-brothers-shadow issue. He has some deep seated psychosis usually only exhibited by someone who has been severely traumatized. I hope whatever the issue is, he gets help, because he is not gonna get better on his own. If he is ever gonna have a life again (after prison or whatever punishment he is given), and not be a threat to others, he must get help.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos