Author Topic: 2017 Preseason Football Thread  (Read 11488 times)

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 12:25:33 am
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article164401167.html
"Charlotte finished 4-8, winning just 37% of their games" At that rate, we could have won 111% with a perfect 12-0 season.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 12:35:32 am by 4ever niner »

frequentvisitor

• Walk On
Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 03:30:58 pm
The article also informed us a team must 6 games to be invited to a Bowl game. When did that happen?

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #28 on: July 31, 2017, 12:27:47 pm
When will season tix be mailed? 

My ESPN app already has our emu game listed on my feed and has the spread as even.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 12:30:21 pm by 49er1 »
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.”
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #29 on: July 31, 2017, 12:38:33 pm

My ESPN app already has our emu game listed on my feed and has the spread as even.
I was told very unoffically when I called the ticket office about something else that football tickets were to be sent mid August. Pretty sure it was a student I was talking to, so take it for what its worth. I'd not be surprised if they cut it close in spite of the two away games to start the season.

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #30 on: July 31, 2017, 12:42:20 pm
They sent an email last week saying to update your address because they were being mailed very soon.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #31 on: July 31, 2017, 01:47:32 pm

I was told very unoffically when I called the ticket office about something else that football tickets were to be sent mid August. Pretty sure it was a student I was talking to, so take it for what its worth. I'd not be surprised if they cut it close in spite of the two away games to start the season.

Since we outsource the production and distribution of these tickets it is more likely that they will arrive on time than if we did them in house.  I am not saying our people are not capable, just that like most things in life expertise comes with experience and this company does this all day, every day.  Having a profit motive makes a huge difference in how you manage the process too.  Maybe I am saying that I wonder what else we could outsource.
#unc-CHeatingPays

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #32 on: July 31, 2017, 02:42:58 pm
clt says we need e tix.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #33 on: July 31, 2017, 02:45:34 pm
They sent an email last week saying to update your address because they were being mailed very soon.
I did not get said email. Perhaps they need to outsource their emailing as well.  :o
Good to know that tix will soon be on the way, though.

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #34 on: July 31, 2017, 08:45:45 pm
I did not get said email. Perhaps they need to outsource their emailing as well.  :o

It was in the one about early single game tickets for account holders if you got that one.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #35 on: July 31, 2017, 08:48:30 pm

It was in the one about early single game tickets for account holders if you got that one.
Perhaps I should outsource the reading of my emails.

Actually, that's a good idea. Could free up a lot of time.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #36 on: July 31, 2017, 09:18:36 pm

I currently outsource reading posts here. Saves me a lot of pain in the ass. 

---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #37 on: July 31, 2017, 09:23:06 pm

My underling just relayed to me that your post was amusing.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #38 on: August 01, 2017, 12:07:39 am

If you don't like it, you could outsource your posts too.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #39 on: August 01, 2017, 07:03:34 am
clt's chat board posts are provided by an algorithm that was designed by Ukrainian coders.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #40 on: August 01, 2017, 08:40:07 am
clt's chat board posts are provided by an algorithm that was designed by Ukrainian coders.
We could deduce that by the stunning quality of clt's posts.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #41 on: August 01, 2017, 09:37:19 am
We could deduce that by the stunning quality of clt's posts.

clt Він дякує, мій друг

ghostofclt

• Sophomore

chidave

• Junior

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973

---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

_BL_Niner

• Walk On
Reply #45 on: August 04, 2017, 02:51:31 pm
Roster has been updated and an interesting new name is Jaylen Miller who played DE at Tennessee in 9 games as a reserve in 2014 before transferring to Limestone.

D-line is our most critical competition spot this year. I'd expect the staff to mix and match guys to see which units work best.

From what I've seen it looks like our D-line position groupings are

DE's : Duncan, Suydam, Carroll, Hardy, Miller, Ray, Doctor

NT's : Fain, Horne, Adams, Martin

I think we can find two decent starters out of the DE group, but the NT group is scary.

NinerAdvocate

Reply #46 on: August 04, 2017, 03:48:45 pm
No Austin Paraison?

I thought lambert said he was showing well, though surprisingly at DE instead of DT.

Maybe the roster update isn't done. [edit] - I really don't think it is done. It's thin on #s at multiple positions and missing our other JUCO OL (Allen).

That NT crop is so thin that Adams might have to play as a frosh. Not sure what he wanted, but I thought he could have benefited from a year in our S&C program before playing. He seems to want to be Larry Ogunjobi  2.0.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 03:52:03 pm by NinerAdvocate »

mojoniner

• Walk On
Reply #47 on: August 04, 2017, 04:03:02 pm
No Austin Paraison?

I thought lambert said he was showing well, though surprisingly at DE instead of DT.

Maybe the roster update isn't done. [edit] - I really don't think it is done. It's thin on #s at multiple positions and missing our other JUCO OL (Allen).

That NT crop is so thin that Adams might have to play as a frosh. Not sure what he wanted, but I thought he could have benefited from a year in our S&C program before playing. He seems to want to be Larry Ogunjobi  2.0.

I noticed his name was missing. I had high hopes for him.

Niner17

• Walk On
Reply #48 on: August 04, 2017, 07:07:02 pm

I think we can find two decent starters out of the DE group, but the NT group is scary.

I was looking forward to seeing Chrishawn Wilson play...http://247sports.com/player/chrishawn-wilson-83906

Any chance that he didn't get added to the roster yet?? Seems raw but really talented. I thought he even might be good enough to see the field as a true freshman.

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #49 on: August 04, 2017, 07:09:12 pm

I was looking forward to seeing Chrishawn Wilson play...http://247sports.com/player/chrishawn-wilson-83906

Any chance that he didn't get added to the roster yet?? Seems raw but really talented. I thought he even might be good enough to see the field as a true freshman.

i hope he is added to roster soon. he has a ton of upside. where is cam bent also? those would be tough guys to lose.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos