Author Topic: Luke Maye - 2015 PF offer - verbal to UNC-CH  (Read 42999 times)

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #175 on: November 12, 2014, 07:40:43 pm
What happens if they get the death penalty for football and basketball?
kids would be allowed to transfer w/o loosing eligibility is my guess.
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #176 on: November 12, 2014, 09:09:49 pm
Hell freezes over.

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #177 on: November 12, 2014, 09:11:43 pm
Hell freezes over.
And th' winna!
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #178 on: November 12, 2014, 09:17:40 pm
Hell freezes over.
And th' winna!

Well, you know The Eagles did get back together again.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #179 on: November 12, 2014, 09:25:11 pm
beat the hell out of the panthers too!   8)

NinerUpNorth

• Sophomore
Reply #180 on: March 26, 2017, 09:29:29 pm
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/10/08/5229375/high-school-notebook-hough-basketball.html

Maye will decide in November between Clemson, Davidson and UNC-CH

If he goes to Davidson he will play a fair bit, would eventually start.

If he goes to Clemson he will play some but not as mush as Davidson. May get to start or would be a regular rotation player.

If he goes to UNC-Ch he gets to tell his kids that he played college basketball at UNC-Ch. Plays limited minutes in garbage games early in the season / senior night his fourth year.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #181 on: March 26, 2017, 10:06:32 pm
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/10/08/5229375/high-school-notebook-hough-basketball.html

If he goes to Clemson he will play some but not as mush as Davidson. May get to start or would be a regular rotation player.

If he goes to UNC-Ch he gets to tell his kids that he played college basketball at UNC-Ch. Plays limited minutes in garbage games early in the season / senior night his fourth year.

I hope what he tells his kids is "and I played in the Final Four, and hit some critical threes.  What?  The record books?  Yeah, it isn't in there.  No really, I did it.  Our games were vacated.  That means the NCAA voided them.  But we did win them.  Well, no they do not count anymore.  Why?  It is hard to explain.  My school was found guilty of academic fraud.  Yes, I knew they were cheaters and went there anyway.  No, cheating is not okay.  No, I don't want you cheating.  Hey, who wants ice cream?"
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #182 on: March 27, 2017, 10:15:51 am
I hope what he tells his kids is "and I played in the Final Four, and hit some critical threes.  What?  The record books?  Yeah, it isn't in there.  No really, I did it.  Our games were vacated.  That means the NCAA voided them.  But we did win them.  Well, no they do not count anymore.  Why?  It is hard to explain.  My school was found guilty of academic fraud.  Yes, I knew they were cheaters and went there anyway.  No, cheating is not okay.  No, I don't want you cheating.  Hey, who wants ice cream?"

;D
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #183 on: March 27, 2017, 10:17:30 am

We've found ourselves a Tarhole fan.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #184 on: March 27, 2017, 12:07:07 pm

;D
Well, I still hope he tells his children "I hit the shot that put my team into the Final Four. "
"What happened there, Daddy?"
" Well, my dumbass coach lost the semis for us and then, to top it off, the NCAA voided all our wins because my school cheated.

"Daddy, what's an NCAA?' "
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 12:14:53 pm by 4ever niner »

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #185 on: March 27, 2017, 01:41:41 pm
Let's hope this helps to have less comments like "I just don't know why a kid would chose to ride the bench at a P5 school".

Obviously not every case will turn out like this.  But the point is we have no idea what will happen in a player's future.

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #186 on: March 27, 2017, 02:10:15 pm
Let's hope this helps to have less comments like "I just don't know why a kid would chose to ride the bench at a P5 school".

Obviously not every case will turn out like this.  But the point is we have no idea what will happen in a player's future.
Our problem right now is not that we are missing out on kids who go ride the bench at P5 schools, it is that we seem to be recruiting only kids that should be riding the bench at our school.
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

cltniners

Reply #187 on: March 27, 2017, 04:45:04 pm
clt says time to lock this thread until he needs to transfer after the school is given the death penalty.

NinerUpNorth

• Sophomore
Reply #188 on: March 27, 2017, 04:45:49 pm

We've found ourselves a Tarhole fan.

Brilliant!

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos