Author Topic: Marketing Department  (Read 35541 times)

Oldrowniner

• Gulag
  • Freshman
Reply #175 on: November 25, 2015, 10:12:28 pm
Why is it that App State's online merchandise is so much better than ours?  Ours is terrible. 
Take a look and judge for yourself.  We need a upgrade in that field.
http://shop.appstatesports.com/COLLEGE_Appalachian_State_Mountaineers
https://www.nmnathletics.com/sellnew/SellHome.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=23200&DB_OEM_ID=23200

I just actually took the time to click on this. So much negativity on this board that i usually don't pay attention to things outside of events such as games or building on campus.. but WOW. That says it all. Our store looks like a joke by comparison.

The background to all of their images is white. Our backgrounds vary from white to wood to random shots of what looks like the bookstore.

Because App State has outsourced theirs to a company that knows about apparel and online presence. We've allowed a book company to run ours.
Fairly certain that is university mandated with the BN bookstore deal, handcuffs the AD in this situation.
thats spin bullshit I have heard from the deepest of deep sources 20 years.

any "employee" trying to make a career upward would of corrected this at this point, fight for it. 

we are DEAD LAST in merchandising in FBS

"Too many seasons of benign neglect means Price and his staff have to re-sell the whole concept; itís been 10 years, after all, since the 49ers last qualified for the NCAA tournament"

Rick Bonnell, 12-1-2015

N1NER

• Junior
Reply #176 on: November 25, 2015, 11:18:21 pm
thats spin bullshit I have heard from the deepest of deep sources 20 years.

any "employee" trying to make a career upward would of corrected this at this point, fight for it. 

we are DEAD LAST in merchandising in FBS

Could not agree more.  How many long sleeve T's will the bookstore print with crap down the sleeve?  It's awful looking.  Who approves the printing of this?  I've got colleagues that work in the college licensing industry.  They are Niner grads.  They would love to work with the Univ with our merchandise.  When will the school hire somebody that will take charge of our merchandise and rise to the top?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 11:20:13 pm by N1NER »

Ninerfan2012

• Freshman
Reply #177 on: November 25, 2015, 11:26:32 pm
^They won't because they don't care.

Punch in, punch out, do just barely enough, thats the Charlotte 49er way.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos