Author Topic: 2015 Baseball Season Thread  (Read 104225 times)

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 08:36:06 pm
@Ninerbaseball will head to Savannah's Greyson Stadium to play NCSU (3pm, Fri),
UNCG (11am, Sat) and
NCSU again (3pm, Sun) ...

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #26 on: February 27, 2015, 05:40:56 pm
Big win over NC State today, 1-0.  Offense continued to struggle but was able to get 1 run in.  Pitching was a good as you can ask for.  Geoghegan had 6 Ks over 6 IP, Wells only allowed 1 base runner over 2 IP, and Logan closed it out.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #27 on: February 27, 2015, 05:57:32 pm
Big win over NC State today, 1-0.  Offense continued to struggle but was able to get 1 run in.  Pitching was a good as you can ask for.  Geoghegan had 6 Ks over 6 IP, Wells only allowed 1 base runner over 2 IP, and Logan closed it out.
So now that we are 1-0 in the ACC, do we go to the four corners?

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #28 on: February 27, 2015, 08:27:33 pm
Hopefully we are 2-0 against the ACC by the end of the weekend.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #29 on: February 28, 2015, 02:14:08 pm
2-1 victory over UNCG today.  Niners faced SoCon preseason Pitcher of the Year on the mound for UNCG. Our offense is still struggling but did enough to win. Pitching continues to be dominant. Prochanska with 10 Ks, Trevor Gay and Logan Sherer solid in relief.
I was prepared to come away from this weekend 0-3, so I'm pleasantly surprised with these 2 wins.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #30 on: February 28, 2015, 04:13:56 pm
2-1 victory over UNCG today.  Niners faced SoCon preseason Pitcher of the Year on the mound for UNCG. Our offense is still struggling but did enough to win. Pitching continues to be dominant. Prochanska with 10 Ks, Trevor Gay and Logan Sherer solid in relief.
I was prepared to come away from this weekend 0-3, so I'm pleasantly surprised with these 2 wins.
Me too! This is fun.

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #31 on: February 28, 2015, 04:54:22 pm
I know there has been some snow, but has it been colder in general than other early seasons?
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #32 on: February 28, 2015, 07:28:08 pm
Me too! This is fun.

be even more fun if we beat unc-r tomorrow!   go Niners!!!!!
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #33 on: February 28, 2015, 10:39:19 pm
Me too! This is fun.

Yes, it is fun.  It looks like we may exceed expectations in baseball this year.

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #34 on: March 01, 2015, 09:28:50 am
Me too! This is fun.

Yes, it is fun.  It looks like we may exceed expectations in baseball this year.

We need to get as many wins as we can this weekend.  The next couple of weekends are going to be very tough with Rice and FIU.

ApexNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #35 on: March 01, 2015, 11:11:47 am
Games called off today...

NC State Baseball@NCStateBaseball[/size] [/url] 1m1 minute ago[/color]Both games have been canceled. Too much water on the field too quickly. #Pack9[/url] heading back to Raleigh, returns to action 3/3 vs. ECU[/size][/font]

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #36 on: March 01, 2015, 12:59:48 pm
Me too! This is fun.

We need to get as many wins as we can this weekend.  The next couple of weekends are going to be very tough with Rice and FIU.

Put me on record as thinking we do NOT get swept by Rice. 

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #37 on: March 01, 2015, 02:00:35 pm
Heeeey,  it worked.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #38 on: March 02, 2015, 11:02:58 am
Me too! This is fun.

You are a braver man than I.  I think we are better than I thought we would be, especially on the bump, but there friday and saturday starter are all americans. 
#bus1

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #39 on: March 02, 2015, 01:13:35 pm
Me too! This is fun.

You are a braver man than I.  I think we are better than I thought we would be, especially on the bump, but there friday and saturday starter are all americans.

2 All American starters and one of the best offensive teams in the country.  Meanwhile we will have every one of our starting pitchers making their 1st C-USA start. 

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #40 on: March 02, 2015, 03:10:59 pm
Me too! This is fun.

2 All American starters and one of the best offensive teams in the country.  Meanwhile we will have every one of our starting pitchers making their 1st C-USA start.
Sounds like we've got 'em right where we want 'em.  :p

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #41 on: March 02, 2015, 03:25:06 pm
Me too! This is fun.

Sounds like we've got 'em right where we want 'em.  :p

We sure do.  They will come to town way too over-confident. 

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #42 on: March 03, 2015, 07:18:01 am
Today's game against A&T has been moved to Wednesday and will be played at 1:00. 

N1NER

• Junior
Reply #43 on: March 03, 2015, 01:09:12 pm
Who's up for a little tailgating before Sat's game?

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #44 on: March 03, 2015, 02:21:37 pm
Who's up for a little tailgating before Sat's game?

Sounds good to me.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #45 on: March 03, 2015, 03:39:39 pm

Saturday, March 7 - 2pm
Hoops and Hardball Special - Show your Men's Basketball ticket to get FREE admisison to the baseball game

This is a great chance for those of you who are going to the basketball game to come watch the Niners take on a Top 10 Nationally ranked team.  We don't get them on campus very often.  Rice will have several guys drafted this year.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #46 on: March 03, 2015, 09:39:21 pm

Saturday, March 7 - 2pm
Hoops and Hardball Special - Show your Men's Basketball ticket to get FREE admisison to the baseball game

This is a great chance for those of you who are going to the basketball game to come watch the Niners take on a Top 10 Nationally ranked team.  We don't get them on campus very often.  Rice will have several guys drafted this year.

Yes indeed.  Saturday is supposed to be sunny and pleasant.  It will be a great day to get outside.  And for those thinking we have no chance............ we beat Tulane when they came to town ranked #2 in the country at the end of our CUSA-1 era.

cltniners

Reply #47 on: March 03, 2015, 09:52:29 pm
clt says down with gluten!

Go niners,

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #48 on: March 03, 2015, 10:19:32 pm
clt says down with gluten!

Go niners,

Ummmmm
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #49 on: March 04, 2015, 03:32:35 pm
Niners shut out A&T today 6-0.  Offense finally showed a little life.  Netzer with 2 hits and 3 RBI, Reynolds, Gallello, and Logan each with an RBI.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos