Author Topic: Duane Moss - 2017 SF - offer  (Read 7397 times)

Run49er

• Chancellor
on: June 30, 2015, 08:56:02 pm
Per Verbal Commits, we've offered the 6-6/200 SF from Carolina Forest H.S. in Myrtle Beach. Regular season stats of 19.5 ppg and 7.5 rpg in 2014-15 (1st and 4th respectively among local players). Ranked #3 in class in South Carolina by Big Shots recruiting service. Plays AAU ball with Upward Stars Southeast out of Greenville-Spartanburg, which lists him as a SG on their roster.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:35:42 pm by Run49er »

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 09:23:40 pm
BTW, son of ex-Niner Benny Moss, currently associate head coach at Coastal Carolina.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 09:34:55 pm
BTW, son of ex-Niner Benny Moss, currently associate head coach at Coastal Carolina.
Damn. I'm old.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 09:36:40 pm
Can't imagine him playing anywhere other than where Benny is. Not gonna get my hopes up.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.”
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 09:37:53 pm
Can't imagine him playing anywhere other than where Benny is. Not gonna get my hopes up.
he's getting major interest. He may end up at a big time program.

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 09:57:56 pm
Well, that leaves us out either way!

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 10:20:00 pm
Well, that leaves us out either way!

Yes. So are we offering out of respect for alum Benny?
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.”
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 10:21:31 pm
Duane@duane_mosss
Had a great visit on the campus of Charlotte today.Thanks to coach
Price and the rest of the Charlotte staff for offering me!

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 08:45:13 am
This.

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 10:17:54 am

then lets become one again.

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 10:21:30 am

Thank you.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 10:22:15 am

Charlotte 49ers - TITLE IX CHAMPIONS, July 1, 1990- Present!

Official 49ers AD Moto: Minimum Necessarium Esse, Nihil Magis

https://i.imgur.com/74Mcl1t.jpg

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 10:24:29 am
Really?  Benny's not dumb, he's not gonna have his kid attend Coastal if he gets a ride at Duke. 

And with him being a great student (runs in the family- his brother was a freaking genius), it's not all that far fetched.
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

NinerWupAss

• Chancellor
Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 10:57:54 am
The fact that Benny has a relationship with us is good.  The fact that he has a relationship with Lutz and Lutz and Judy are no bueno - then it makes it an uphill climb.  The fact that we have a really good and honorable guy as a coach makes it a possibility.  Basically I am not going to say there is no chance here.  We probably have a shot but I wouldn't bet the house on it.
Mahna Mahna

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 11:13:39 am
The fact that Benny has a relationship with us is good.  The fact that he has a relationship with Lutz and Lutz and Judy are no bueno - then it makes it an uphill climb.  The fact that we have a really good and honorable guy as a coach makes it a possibility.  Basically I am not going to say there is no chance here.  We probably have a shot but I wouldn't bet the house on it.
We definitely have a chance, and I like that we offered him already. I only mentioned the other offers (that are expected to come) because it seemed some on here thought Duane was maybe a low end prospect who might not get other offers as well. From what I have read about him, he is expected to really "blow up" as they say.

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 11:54:55 am

Thank you.

youre welcome.

4t9er

• Sophomore
Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 05:04:54 pm
Wow I remember his kids being in the SAC sometimes. They were like little toddlers and could already make shots on a 10' goal with a mini ball. I am definitely getting old! I had a feeling he would be a baller when he grew up.

cltniners

• Athletic Director
Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 06:11:09 pm
clt doesn't want a player that may blow up.

Think of the children in attendance.
clt's signature: The 49ers established Thursday that their role is what they say it is. Tom Sorensen, Friday, Nov. 14, 2008

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 06:39:16 pm
clt doesn't want a player that may blow up.

Think of the children in attendance.
Not to worry. He's gonna blow up in high school. We won't be asking Clt to travel to SC to clean up the mess.

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 07:37:37 pm

From Phenomhoopreport.com:

South Carolina’s 2017 Class is Shaping Up To Be Its Best
In 2015 the state of South Carolina produced 2 Top 100 players, as Perry Dozier and Tevin Mack staked that claim. In 2016 it is looking like, South Carolina has a shot to do the same, with Seventh Woods a lock, and Jordan Brunner looking to make a run.

Well 2017 is looking to be a loaded class, like the state has not seen in a while. The upstate has Shyheim Scruggs. Columbia area has Devontae Shuler (Pictured Right) and Tariq Simmons. The low country has Vince Cole and Maurice Hardiman. Horry County has Duane Moss, Bryce Schneider, and Jason Cudd. Needless to say all 8 of these kids have a chance to be recruited at the highest level, depending on their progression and growth.

Phenomhoopreport.com: Six Truths We Found Over the Holidays (2-15-2015)

Upset of the Night
Upward Stars SE 16U came into the event as one of the top ranked 16U teams. The NC Court Generals came out unfazed and wound up winning the game. 6’4 Josh Hopkins led the way with 24 points and 6’7 David Funderburg had 10 for the Court Generals.

6’2 Tariq Simmons was the leading scorer for Upward Stars SE with 19 points. 6’6 Duane Moss also had many on the sidelines buzzing with his high IQ play. The great thing about pool play is early losses don’t matter, and everyone still has a chance to win once the bracket play starts.

Phenomhoopreport.com: David Rose Memorial Day Classic - Day 1 Storylines (5-23-2015)

Duane Moss 6’6 Upward Stars SE
(Carolina Forest HS SC)
Moss led the Horry County area in scoring this past year, with over 20 points per game as a sophomore. Moss, who’s dad is an assistant coach at Coastal Carolina, is a high IQ wing. He has sneaky athleticism and an ability to finish at multiple levels. In this event, Moss hovered right around 8-10 points in his games. His dad is about 6’9, so there are some expectations of more growth. As Moss continues to gain consistent confidence in himself, watch out.

Phenomhoopreport.com: Breakout Performances 2017 Part 2 (5-27-2015)

Iron9er

• Senior Captain
Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 08:17:04 pm
Be wary of us actually landing former players sons.  I'm not sure we've ever had any?  Only one that really comes to mind is JT Terrell, though.  And he ended up with a lot of hype but being pretty not goodish. 
"Congrats. You guys beat our ass last night and it was a pretty pathetic performance on the glass and downlow." - StillJonesing - December 2, 2012.

NinerAl

• Freshman
Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 08:53:28 am
Really?  Benny's not dumb, he's not gonna have his kid attend Coastal if he gets a ride at Duke. 

And with him being a great student (runs in the family- his brother was a freaking genius), it's not all that far fetched.

My call:  Benny & Duane to NC State.

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 02:11:14 pm

My call:  Benny & Duane to NC State.
pretty good call- I could that easily
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

moss2k

• Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 09:14:48 am
Justin Byerly @Justinbyerly
Furman, Georgia, Creighton, William and Mary are recruiting 2017 W Duane Moss of @Flight22bball the most recently. @duane_mosss

moss2k

• Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #24 on: April 23, 2016, 11:51:31 pm
Watched him today, along with Wichita St & William and Mary.

* Recent Posts

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos