Author Topic: Issues that Should not Exist but do Because Charlotte AD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  (Read 48385 times)

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
........ Why would they want to market to the non PSL holding riff raff?

Are you referring to the thousands and thousands of Charlotte alums that have never been to a game, some because they think they are unable to get a ticket?  I know many of them. 

When you send your gaydar in for much needed repair, ask is they will fix your sarcasm detecter at the same time.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 10:55:28 am by 4ever niner »

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
What if Judy retired 12 years ago?  What if they just keep paying her, & the AD Office is on auto-pilot since the last NCAA Tourney Appearance?  Could we have done any worse?
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
What if Judy retired 12 years ago?  What if they just keep paying her, & the AD Office is on auto-pilot since the last NCAA Tourney Appearance?  Could we have done any worse?

I wish that we were only in a free fall. We have the rocket nozzles pointed up.

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

SteauA

• Senior
Anyone who thinks/still thinks they cant get a ticket unless they are a fsl holder most likely wouldn't pay $20/ticket to go to the games anyways.

You should work for the AD with that attitude and mindset.

SteauA

• Senior
Not really related to an AD issue but I didn't want to start a new thread. 

Can somehow with wiki editing knowledge update Price's page to show his record so far this season?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Price

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Not really related to an AD issue but I didn't want to start a new thread. 

Can somehow with wiki editing knowledge update Price's page to show his record so far this season?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Price

Unless there's someone really on that page and updating it constantly, then it might not get updated till after the end of the season. Please note that anyone can modify Wikipedia, so long as you properly site your sources.

sleepydog

• Walk On
[Winthrop AD] Halpin and his administrative team put together at least 11 efforts to attract people to the game. Videos of Kelsey imploring the community to support the team flooded Winthrop’s Facebook page and athletic web site, and a Winthrop athletics staffer called the presidents of all 12 of the school’s Greek life organizations on Martin Luther King Day.

http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/college/big-south/winthrop-university/article127724104.html

Ninerfan2012

• Freshman
[Winthrop AD] Halpin and his administrative team put together at least 11 efforts to attract people to the game. Videos of Kelsey imploring the community to support the team flooded Winthrop’s Facebook page and athletic web site, and a Winthrop athletics staffer called the presidents of all 12 of the school’s Greek life organizations on Martin Luther King Day.

http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/college/big-south/winthrop-university/article127724104.html
Now I'm jealous of Winthrop.

SteauA

• Senior
CURTAIN, CURTAIN, CURTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Curtain call

49erCC

• Freshman
Does the curtain not have a manual lift?  I really find the curtain unexcusable

49r9r

• Head Coach
This thread will soon be a year and a half old, and things are still getting worse.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

NinerWupAss

• Chancellor
Does the curtain not have a manual lift?  I really find the curtain unexcusable

What should be inexcusable is not that the curtain was down, but that the curtain was down and it didn't inconvenience anyone in the stands. 
Mahna Mahna

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Halton has too many seats. I can't remember it truly packed since Memphis 2005. We should pull seats on the alumni side and build some suite boxes.

austinniner

• Senior
Halton has too many seats. I can't remember it truly packed since Memphis 2005. We should pull seats on the alumni side and build some suite boxes.

When they built it, I originally didn't think there were enough seats.  Last basketball game I attended was Bobby's last season, we were 18-5, on the bubble and playing Xavier at home.  Sellout.  We started a losing streak that day.
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

charlotte004

• Walk On
I hope when the new rec (wellness) center is built for the students, they take Halton and gut it.  I hate the layout of the inside.  Take away the track, if it's still there.  Take away the retractable bleachers, put in permanent bleachers.  Fill that gap between the lower and upper sections.  I hate the track and the gap there.  Looks weird on tv.  Maybe wrap the big white walls with current players, logos, something.  Get rid of the big opening, or cover the opening in the one corner of the gym. Put suites on one side.  The list could go on, but my personal wishes.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos