Author Topic: Niner Baseball Uptown Games  (Read 10696 times)

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #50 on: March 29, 2016, 09:27:59 pm
clt was confused by the crowd. Folks with Charlotte shirts and NCSU hats. Charlotte shirts and UNC CHeat hats. ncsU shirts and Charlotte hats. And clt saw an appy with a CHeat hat.

Who are these peoples?

Appy with chapel hill hat is normal.
FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #51 on: March 29, 2016, 09:48:52 pm
Good crowd. Just couldn't string some hits together and score some runs. Bb&t ballpark is great place to watch games. (Beer doesn't hurt)

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #52 on: March 29, 2016, 10:16:12 pm
Good crowd. Just couldn't string some hits together and score some runs. Bb&t ballpark is great place to watch games. (Beer doesn't hurt)

Attendance was 7500.  I thought it was more than that.  It looked like both the first base side and the third base side were sold out.  I hope we had some recruits there tonight.

I would love for us to host a Regional there one year.  But first we have to get better and second the Knights have to have open dates on the weekend of the Regionals. 

« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:18:04 pm by 49r9r »
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #53 on: March 29, 2016, 10:20:41 pm

Attendance was 7500.  I thought it was more than that.  It looked like both the first base side and the third base side were sold out.  I hope we had some recruits there tonight.

I would love for us to host a Regional there one year.  But first we have to get better and second the Knights have to have open dates on the weekend of the Regionals.
I'd love to expand the Hayes to the point we could host on campus.  Fantasy dollars.

cltniners

Reply #54 on: March 30, 2016, 08:16:58 am
clt says it would be nice to have a Charlotte side and an others side.

clt also says that it was humourous watching the NCSU state fans attempt to pay for parking uptown, and navigate a urban crosswalk.

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #55 on: March 30, 2016, 09:32:07 am
I thought we lost that game by not making enough pitching changes.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #56 on: March 30, 2016, 09:35:20 am
I thought we lost that game by not making enough pitching changes.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

NinerWupAss

• Gulag
  • Chancellor
Reply #57 on: March 30, 2016, 09:37:26 am
I have philosophical issues with the sport of baseball - but last night was fun even with the loss.
Mahna Mahna

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #58 on: March 30, 2016, 10:10:18 am
Great weather and fun environment. Will definitely do this again. Crowd looked to be more than 7500 - which made the night more special.

We just couldn't stop walking State players. Loaded the bases on more than 1 occasion without State needing to register a hit. Tough night.

49erAlumnus

• Senior
Reply #59 on: March 30, 2016, 10:58:10 am
Nice environment for people wearing red. Our effort was abysmal. End of story.

aosbor18

• Walk On
Reply #60 on: March 30, 2016, 11:36:29 am
It was fun , The 3rd base side didn't have sound, at least section 120 didn't we switch seats over to the first base side and it was much better. Less state fans, more niners and you could hear the announcer.  Would have been better if we won but atleast these uptown games are great exposure for our brand.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #61 on: March 30, 2016, 12:33:33 pm
Someone agrees with you.

49erAlumnus

• Senior
Reply #62 on: March 30, 2016, 01:12:36 pm
Someone agrees with you.

These games at BB&T park are obviously a great opportunity for our program. Beating an SEC team under the lights is huge. All we did last night, however, is host a recruiting showcase for Elliott Avent.

mightymitchfan

• Junior
Reply #63 on: March 30, 2016, 01:32:49 pm
I thought it was a good environment for baseball but as a baseball fan last nights game was a chore to watch.  I thought there were way to many pitching changes by Hibbs and for the most part we were not aggressive offensively.  The game was over by this point but a good example is a lead off double by Hampton and then the next two batters take two strikes before taking the bat off their shoulders with no attempt at all made to move the runner up to third.

Crusader

• Freshman
Reply #64 on: March 30, 2016, 02:55:16 pm
Any Charlotte supporter who had fun last night obviously doesn't care if baseball wins or loses.  And that's certainly your prerogative.

If you care about the success of baseball, nothing was successful last night.

The message communicated "last night" was that Charlotte does not play D1 baseball.

I also happened to have been at the BB&T Ballpark earlier this season for game vs. Georgia, so I'm confident in saying the team is better than last night showed.

But last night was an NC State University baseball scrimmage and Charlotte was asked to be the designated ACC punching bag

BigTimeNiner

• Junior
Reply #65 on: March 30, 2016, 03:22:28 pm
Any Charlotte supporter who had fun last night obviously doesn't care if baseball wins or loses.  And that's certainly your prerogative.

If you care about the success of baseball, nothing was successful last night.

The message communicated "last night" was that Charlotte does not play D1 baseball.

I also happened to have been at the BB&T Ballpark earlier this season for game vs. Georgia, so I'm confident in saying the team is better than last night showed.

But last night was an NC State University baseball scrimmage and Charlotte was asked to be the designated ACC punching bag

Agree that last nights game was ugly and boring to watch and Charlotte basically
just sucked.  But,  I did have a good time due to the atmosphere. 
Can our pitching be any worse than shown last night??
Sadly, I went with the expectation that we would get beat under the bright lights.
Low expectations are why I was able to enjoy the night, and also why I got
pleasantly surprised at the Georgia game.
Over the last few years I have conditioned myself to go to Charlotte games mainly for the social aspect.  If we win, it is just a bonus.

d_whitley

• Walk On
  • Charlotte c/o 17'
Reply #66 on: March 30, 2016, 03:25:32 pm
Our team is good but pretty inconsistent... It just sucks that they had to play poorly and put in such a little effort against a ranked NC State on what should be home turf. Either way it was a fun game and it's always good to be in uptown.
#RockSolid #49ersMBB #NinerStandards
Twitter: d_whitley1 - 49Shades_Green

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #67 on: March 30, 2016, 05:04:47 pm
State threw one of their weekend starters for 6 innings.  I'm not sure what we were doing.  This year's team looks very competitive at times.  Last night was a different story.  I'm assuming some of our pitchers were on a pitch count.

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #68 on: March 30, 2016, 05:23:03 pm
State used a weekend starter?  Why would they risk losing a conference game in a non-conference environment?  Bunch of cheaters.  Everyone knows you pitch your shitty pitchers in non-conference weekly games.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #69 on: March 30, 2016, 05:36:23 pm
State threw one of their weekend starters for 6 innings.  I'm not sure what we were doing.  This year's team looks very competitive at times.  Last night was a different story.  I'm assuming some of our pitchers were on a pitch count.
Box score says their starter pitched 3 innings. No more beer for you.  :)

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #70 on: March 30, 2016, 05:44:56 pm

Or maybe pitchers and qb follow the same rotation rules during the game

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #71 on: March 30, 2016, 06:18:10 pm
I'm surprised SCK has not posted the photos I took of him and the Golddusters last night.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #72 on: March 31, 2016, 08:50:45 am
NC State had 2 of their games last weekend at FSU rained out.  Their #2 starter started the game against us and pitched 3 innings, their #3 guy pitched one inning after that.  Neither allowed a hit. I don't blame them for wanting their guys to get some work after missing their weekend start. 

On the other hand, our pitching situation is a mess.  We have two solid consistent starters in Geoghegan & Maciejewski.  After that, you don't know what you are going to get. 
JD was a weekend guy last year, but he struggled and we needed that spot to be upgraded. Going in to the season we thought Casas was going to step in, but he only got 1 start on opening weekend and has been out of the bullpen ever since.  Matt Horkey has looked good in mid-week starts, but has been up and down.  Laws has taken over the Saturday spot, but has also been up and down.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #73 on: March 31, 2016, 11:40:26 am
Our team is good but pretty inconsistent...

Hibbs' calling card

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #74 on: March 31, 2016, 12:44:44 pm
Our team is good but pretty inconsistent...

Hibbs' calling card
Not to address this particular team, but inconsistentcy is pretty much a characteristic of the sport. Really, really good basketball teams win 80% of the time while really. really good baseball teams win 60%.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos