Author Topic: Jeff Capel to Georgia Tech ?  (Read 1853 times)

49ersRock

• Walk On
on: April 02, 2016, 01:44:06 am
Georgia Tech has put their main focus on Duke assistant coach Jeff Capel.Not sure if Capel is interested in the job or if he is content to continue waiting on a better offer.I would not mind him taking the job and having a great and long run in Atlanta.

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 08:44:53 am
I don't think he would last there. Need them to make  a stronger hire.
Charlotte 49ers - TITLE IX CHAMPIONS, July 1, 1990- Present!

Official 49ers AD Moto: Minimum Necessarium Esse, Nihil Magis

https://i.imgur.com/74Mcl1t.jpg

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 11:45:41 am
I agree with NA that he would be an awful hire as I just don't see him being able to succeed as a head man in the ACC.  When they pulled the trigger on Gregory I was convinced they had someone better lined up.

On Capel's part I think he would be stupid to not take the job, he's not getting that Duke job after K retires so I think this is the probably the biggest job he can get.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

49ersRock

• Walk On
Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 12:34:51 am
Capel is now Georgia Techs # 1 candidate for their head coaching job.Capel will meet with Georgia Techs AD Mike Bobinski soon to discuss the job.It will be a rebuilding job in Atlanta.Tech's starting five had four seniors on it this past season.

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 09:22:25 am
Capel is now Georgia Techs # 1 candidate for their head coaching job.Capel will meet with Georgia Techs AD Mike Bobinski soon to discuss the job.It will be a rebuilding job in Atlanta.Tech's starting five had four seniors on it this past season.

kewl
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 09:21:19 pm

kewl
Capel withdrew his name today.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos