Author Topic: Re: Andrew White - Grad transfer from Nebraska  (Read 4783 times)

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 03:05:45 pm

FWIW, I'd bet every millennial would say this.

Ok, what exactly is your point? That everyone born between 1982 and 2000 would outright lie about their experience growing up?

No, I dont think he said that----but rather just that it is hard to "judge" yourself or your own upbringing. Kind of like if you ask a strange person if they think they are strange......they will most often say no. Most all of us think we are "normal".

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #26 on: June 29, 2016, 03:14:16 pm
I think white would be a good addition.  not many offenses in cusa could score with us.
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #27 on: June 29, 2016, 03:28:50 pm
I think white would be a good addition.  not many offenses in cusa could score with us.

not many teams period could score with us. o well. obviously nothing official, but not expecting him to come here but i believe that the offense that price runs could showcase his skills.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #28 on: June 29, 2016, 04:08:06 pm
He was one of the leading scorers in the Big 10 last year. He has a real shot at the NBA and can go almost anywhere he wants to. I seriously doubt he comes here or even considers it.

Sure you can go to the league from any school if you are good, but he put up 16.6 ppg against Big 10 competition. Even though CUSA is a significantly weaker conference, that doesn't mean he will necessarily score more than that here, especially since we have so many capable scorers in the back court. Let's say he sticks around the same numbers, 15+ PPG in a major conference is going to help your draft stock considerably more than 15+ PPG in CUSA.

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #29 on: June 29, 2016, 04:37:38 pm
He was one of the leading scorers in the Big 10 last year. He has a real shot at the NBA and can go almost anywhere he wants to. I seriously doubt he comes here or even considers it.

Sure you can go to the league from any school if you are good, but he put up 16.6 ppg against Big 10 competition. Even though CUSA is a significantly weaker conference, that doesn't mean he will necessarily score more than that here, especially since we have so many capable scorers in the back court. Let's say he sticks around the same numbers, 15+ PPG in a major conference is going to help your draft stock considerably more than 15+ PPG in CUSA.

i dont necessarily disagree with this but never underestimate being in an nba city. price can call clifford and tell him to come check this kid out and thats a 20 mintute drive. this kid needs to go somewhere where he can be the first or second scorer. he can go anywhere, but he cant start everywhere. its about the right fit.

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #30 on: June 29, 2016, 04:54:42 pm
if he came here i'd be almost as excited as i am that this thread finally got back on track!   :))
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #31 on: June 29, 2016, 05:07:50 pm
if he came here i'd be almost as excited as i am that this thread finally got back on track!   :))
I'd be almost as amazed.

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #32 on: June 30, 2016, 02:35:55 pm

Ok, what exactly is your point? That everyone born between 1982 and 2000 would outright lie about their experience growing up?

No, I dont think he said that----but rather just that it is hard to "judge" yourself or your own upbringing. Kind of like if you ask a strange person if they think they are strange......they will most often say no. Most all of us think we are "normal".

^What he said.

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #33 on: June 30, 2016, 05:21:47 pm

^What he said.

If this was the correct inference to draw from the original point, then it applies to every damn generation - not just millenials.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #34 on: July 01, 2016, 08:30:37 am

^What he said.

If this was the correct inference to draw from the original point, then it applies to every damn generation - not just millenials.

How we view ourselves applies to everyone yes..........realities (in general) can be different however.

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #35 on: July 01, 2016, 09:06:23 am

^What he said.

How we view ourselves applies to everyone yes..........realities (in general) can be different however.

Saying a particular generation understands modern technology better than another is one thing. That's observable and can be relatively true. Believing that an entire generation is incapable of perceiving/understanding reality (or specifically their upbringing) properly, is different - and laughably overstated.

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #37 on: July 01, 2016, 10:09:31 am
someone in one of those articles thinks that he could end up at vcu. i could totally see that. he is from richmond and they are a good program. that would make more sense than just going to a kentucky, where he would play 10-15 minutes per game. doesn't matter if your team wins, if youre on the bench. i think that his father is overvaluing the appeal to scouts of winning big in the ncaa tournament. sure, it helps but i dont really think it matters that much in terms of making it to the nba. i truly believe that our system, run and gun, lots of threes, would really be a good fit for his game. i get that he probably won't come here but i think he is making a mistake.

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #38 on: July 01, 2016, 10:17:58 am
i wonder why we havent heard anything about where he is going. you would think he would have already had a school in mind or there would be some rumors out there but nothing so far that i have found.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #39 on: July 01, 2016, 01:29:44 pm
Interesting tweet from our basketball team today:

Fun Fact Friday: @AndrienWhite2 is the youngest of three. His brother also plays collegiate basketball! #49ersMBB

https://twitter.com/49ersBasketball/status/748917649065832448

cltniners

• Athletic Director
Reply #40 on: July 01, 2016, 02:56:43 pm

Fun Fact Friday: @AndrienWhite2 is the youngest of three. His brother also plays collegiate basketball! #49ersMBB

clt says

Be it what it seems
Enlighten us to the player
Not all fish swim upstream
Greatness is an option
Hard work will open doors
Always be closing
Zebras have stripes for a reason
Intergalactic Planetary.
clt's signature: The 49ers established Thursday that their role is what they say it is. Tom Sorensen, Friday, Nov. 14, 2008

Submarley734

• Senior
Reply #41 on: July 01, 2016, 06:10:40 pm

clt says

Be it what it seems
Enlighten us to the player
Not all fish swim upstream
Greatness is an option
Hard work will open doors
Always be closing
Zebras have stripes for a reason
Intergalactic Planetary.

Planetary Intergalactic.
When s*** hits the fan, step to the side of the fan.
The dude abides.
When life hands you lemons, you can't just make lemonade; you need more ingredients.
A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.

cltniners

• Athletic Director
Reply #42 on: July 01, 2016, 07:53:18 pm
clt says you missed it bro.
clt's signature: The 49ers established Thursday that their role is what they say it is. Tom Sorensen, Friday, Nov. 14, 2008

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #43 on: July 01, 2016, 08:55:00 pm
six athletic feet

springing high to grab their goals.

may they be niners.

(haiku, in case you missed it!)   lol
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

cltniners

• Athletic Director
Reply #44 on: July 01, 2016, 09:19:30 pm

moss2k

• Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #45 on: July 01, 2016, 11:20:39 pm
benghazi, happy now clt?

Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
“All that is best in the great poets of all countries is not what is national in them, but what is universal”

* Recent Posts

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos