Author Topic: clt says let's talk about coastal  (Read 4228 times)

Ninerfan2012

• Freshman
Reply #25 on: June 30, 2016, 05:30:33 pm
Insanely jealous, congrats!

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #26 on: June 30, 2016, 06:01:39 pm
Seeing them win makes me hate our athletic department exponentially more than I had. We get further away from success every year when a school like Coastal Carolina can commit to, and achieve excellence.. Disgusting.

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #27 on: June 30, 2016, 07:11:42 pm
Great Job!!  Way to finish the task.  Impressive and yes I'm jealous too.  But have to happy for them. 

Awesome!!
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #28 on: June 30, 2016, 07:17:47 pm
Seeing them win makes me hate our athletic department exponentially more than I had. We get further away from success every year when a school like Coastal Carolina can commit to, and achieve excellence.. Disgusting.
A mid major just won a national championship and it follows that we suck? We have lots to work on. Can we do that without being jealous of other's successes or for that matter, gloating about other's failures, of which there are plenty?

Again, we have plenty of work on. Congratulations to Coastal.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #29 on: June 30, 2016, 08:25:55 pm
A mid major just won a national championship and it follows that we suck? We have lots to work on. Can we do that without being jealous of other's successes or for that matter, gloating about other's failures, of which there are plenty?

Great performance by Coastal though the entire playoff.  I know this surprised some people, but Coastal has a top program, has hosted regionals and super regionals, and has been in the top 10 or 15 in total number of wins since 2000.  They built a great program.  We can too if we want to. 

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 08:28:37 pm by 49r9r »
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #30 on: June 30, 2016, 10:01:05 pm

We don't suck? We treat our baseball program like its  D III. Just look at coaching salaries and facilities if you dont believe me.. A "smaller" school, in a lesser baseball league won the NC because they wanted to be a power.. We don't want that.

I don't need to rehash basketball.

Seeing a financial/mid major/in state afterthought devote the assets and execute makes me shake my head.. Good for them, but at the same time shame on us.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 10:20:58 pm by s9er »

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #31 on: June 30, 2016, 11:09:47 pm

We don't suck? We treat our baseball program like its  D III. Just look at coaching salaries and facilities if you dont believe me.. A "smaller" school, in a lesser baseball league won the NC because they wanted to be a power.. We don't want that.

Seeing a financial/mid major/in state afterthought devote the assets and execute makes me shake my head.. Good for them, but at the same time shame on us.
What part of "we have plenty of work on" was unclear to you? I stated and restated that thought.
You responded "We don't suck?" Please try to actually read posts before responding.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #32 on: July 01, 2016, 07:30:39 am

What part of "we have plenty of work on" was unclear to you? I stated and restated that thought.
You responded "We don't suck?" Please try to actually read posts before responding.

As a baseball season ticket holder of many years, I have to agree with s9er.  Our problem is at the administrative level.  Our AD puts way to much emphasis on her girl's basketball program and our chancellor puts way too much emphasis on himself. 

« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 07:34:33 am by 49r9r »

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #33 on: July 01, 2016, 07:36:53 am
Sure we have a lot to work on. I'm sure our active and successful AD is on it. We've barely given her a quarter century.

Rome wasn't built in 9490 days
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 07:45:02 am by ninerID »
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

cltniners

• Athletic Director
Reply #34 on: July 01, 2016, 08:24:39 am
clt says the best thing that coastal did was a name change.m
clt's signature: The 49ers established Thursday that their role is what they say it is. Tom Sorensen, Friday, Nov. 14, 2008

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #35 on: July 01, 2016, 08:53:12 am

Coastal Carolina is no Cinderella: How a College World Series champ was built in the Big South

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/7/1/12076116/coastal-carolina-college-world-series-national-champions-gary-gilmore-coach

NinerWupAss

• Chancellor
Reply #36 on: July 01, 2016, 09:25:21 am
Until we have a chancellor that views winning as important nothing is going to change.  Judy's performance over the past 20+ years gets her fired at many schools. 
Mahna Mahna

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #37 on: July 01, 2016, 10:03:01 am

As a baseball season ticket holder of many years, I have to agree with s9er.  Our problem is at the administrative level.  Our AD puts way to much emphasis on her girl's basketball program and our chancellor puts way too much emphasis on himself.
I'm getting bored repeating that I wasn't disagreeing. Just trying to emphasize that getting better should be a goal independent of whether or not some other school excels or fails.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 10:07:29 am by 4ever niner »

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #38 on: July 01, 2016, 03:59:49 pm

I'm getting bored repeating that I wasn't disagreeing. Just trying to emphasize that getting better should be a goal independent of whether or not some other school excels or fails.

So when do you think we should start the process of getting better? 

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #39 on: July 01, 2016, 04:14:56 pm

So when do you think we should start the process of getting better?
My opinion does not matter, old man.  ;D 
Send your complaints to Phil and/or Judy.

cltniners

• Athletic Director
Reply #40 on: July 01, 2016, 07:54:43 pm
clt owns dri fit shorts.
clt's signature: The 49ers established Thursday that their role is what they say it is. Tom Sorensen, Friday, Nov. 14, 2008

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos