Author Topic: Caroline Price named Assistant W. Tennis Coach  (Read 1302 times)

NinerLove

• Sophomore
on: July 11, 2016, 11:29:06 am
This is a great addition to the 49er athletic staff!  Coach Price's daughter and awesome individual on and off the court by all accounts.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=211056992

Glad to have her on board with our Niners!

jfickett

• Senior Captain
  • Charlotte 49ers Football - A new chance for glory.
    • LinkedIn
Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 12:16:55 pm
This is a great addition to the 49er athletic staff!  Coach Price's daughter and awesome individual on and off the court by all accounts.

#family
11/28/2016 (16:35:02) s9er: It cost less to in student fees to launch a man into space than it does get a Charlotte men's basketball team into the NCAA's

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 12:21:34 pm

#family

Two-time All-American, National Champion player, nationally ranked through college, awarded top athlete in UNC-CH in all sports, men's or women's.  My only question is does Mark Price have any other relatives that can come here?
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

NinerAlum18

• Freshman
  • Class of 2018
Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 12:26:01 pm
Awesome! Looks like an impressive resume, great addition!
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

moss2k

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 12:52:31 pm

#family
I get the "family" stuff in other situations, however Caroline is certainly qualified for her this position. Not given the job because of her dad being here.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 01:47:34 pm by 2k »

jfickett

• Senior Captain
    • LinkedIn
Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 01:08:26 pm
I don't doubt her qualifications.  The number of duplicative last names in our athletic department is certainly interesting, though.  I would be interested to know how it compares to other schools that operate like an actual business.
11/28/2016 (16:35:02) s9er: It cost less to in student fees to launch a man into space than it does get a Charlotte men's basketball team into the NCAA's

NewNiner

• Senior
Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 01:45:19 pm
I don't doubt her qualifications.  The number of duplicative last names in our athletic department is certainly interesting, though.  I would be interested to know how it compares to other schools that operate like an actual business.

At P5 schools, a lot of new hires don't have duplicative last names with other employees, just with prized recruits *cough* Hansbrough *cough*
Hail Charlotte 49ers and Hark Upon the Gale!

4t9er

• Sophomore
Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 02:06:38 pm

[/quote]

Two-time All-American, National Champion player, nationally ranked through college, awarded top athlete in UNC-CH in all sports, men's or women's.  My only question is does Mark Price have any other relatives that can come here?
[/quote]

His son Josh is a rising Junior at Charlotte Christian. He played varsity as a sophmore and looks to have some potential.

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 04:14:43 pm
that's the problem.

This is a quality hire as an assistant, but it does look bad being (guessing) the 7th family/spouse hire in the department. 

She might even be the top duplicate last name hire we've made for qualifications vs job title.  Glad to have her as a niner.  Never bad for people to trade in baby blue for 49 shades of green.
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

jfickett

• Senior Captain
    • LinkedIn
Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 04:58:29 pm
that's the problem.

This is a quality hire as an assistant, but it does look bad being (guessing) the 7th family/spouse hire in the department. 

She might even be the top duplicate last name hire we've made for qualifications vs job title.  Glad to have her as a niner.  Never bad for people to trade in baby blue for 49 shades of green.

This made me laugh.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos