Author Topic: Clyde Trapp Jr. - 2017 G/F offer - signed with Clemson  (Read 11212 times)

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #25 on: October 28, 2016, 09:58:29 am
Friendly reminder that Trapp is visiting this weekend. YUGE visit for us.  Lets keep using #Trapp2Charlotte on the Twitter machine.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net

trickynbc

• Freshman
  • BSEE 2010, I Wanna Go Fast!
Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 04:44:44 pm
I like our chances, he's definitely noticed the trending of #Trapp2Charlotte on the twitter machine.
"Why not pick Charlotte?" - Joe Thompson

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #28 on: November 03, 2016, 09:27:31 am
Visiting Clemson on Thursday night, still no offer from the Tigers. I imagine it'll happen on his visit.

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #29 on: November 03, 2016, 09:51:08 am
it's a shame that so many potential "star" players get lost when they chose a jersey instead of choosing a program that actually fits them.     could be Da Man in one situation or bench piece in another.    "I played at Hoity-Toity U."   well no...you actually rode the pines.     not saying trap couldn't make an impact wherever he goes, but charlotte seems like a tailor-made situation for him.   guard-oriented, athletic shooters' paradise, top coaching, needing only another piece or two to take a huge next step which he could be an integral part of, etcetcetc.
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #30 on: November 03, 2016, 10:18:46 am
I still think our chances are great on Trapp.  Although I do worry about his AAU coach getting in his ear about Clemson since he played there, still think it comes down to us and USC on him.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

TheShowDawg

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #31 on: November 03, 2016, 11:33:33 am
Hate when AAU coaches or handlers have the most influence. A lot of those guys sales pitches to potential players are I got X amount of kids into < insert ACC school name here> and I can do the same for you.

Hopefully we land him but traditionally most of bigger recruits we land sign before they leave or couple days afterwards. 

Would of loved to seen what kind of guards Price could have signed back in the old CUSA days in its prime.

Glad to see Price using the Hornets connection and getting recruits out there to games. That is a big time advantage. 
In the Time of the Chimpanzee, I Was a Monkey....

49erAlumnus: It's been so long since we've been hated by anyone but...us.

jmitch83

• Walk On
Reply #32 on: November 03, 2016, 10:13:02 pm
Hate when AAU coaches or handlers have the most influence. A lot of those guys sales pitches to potential players are I got X amount of kids into < insert ACC school name here> and I can do the same for you.

Hopefully we land him but traditionally most of bigger recruits we land sign before they leave or couple days afterwards. 

Would of loved to seen what kind of guards Price could have signed back in the old CUSA days in its prime.

Glad to see Price using the Hornets connection and getting recruits out there to games. That is a big time advantage.

Agreed on the Hornets games. Im sure thats got to be a big help in recruiting. Price has been getting solid guards through his first couple of years recruiting but we have to find a way to get some solid ranked big men to come and help get us on the right path

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #33 on: November 03, 2016, 11:57:45 pm
His signing ceremony at his HS is Wednesday Nov. 9th at 2:00 PM
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

cltniners

Reply #34 on: November 04, 2016, 07:41:17 am
His signing ceremony at his HS is Wednesday Nov. 9th at 2:00 PM

clt feels good about this.

NewNiner

• Senior
Reply #35 on: November 04, 2016, 01:17:16 pm
Let's keep up the #Trapp2Charlotte

He's definitely noticed and is liking/retweeting it, still
Hail Charlotte 49ers and Hark Upon the Gale!

TylerC_49ers

• Walk On
Reply #36 on: November 05, 2016, 12:11:40 am

Clyde Trapp will be a Charlotte 49er!!! Just watch!

FSL Owner

• Freshman
Reply #37 on: November 05, 2016, 07:52:02 am

Clyde Trapp will be a Charlotte 49er!!! Just watch!

I love the confidence and hope you are spot on.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #38 on: November 07, 2016, 08:58:21 pm
Signing Wednesday at 2pm. Should be either Charlotte, Clemson or USC.

akjones989

• Walk On
Reply #39 on: November 07, 2016, 09:22:59 pm

What do you think our chances are?

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #40 on: November 07, 2016, 09:31:52 pm

33 1/3 %
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

NewNiner

• Senior
Reply #41 on: November 08, 2016, 05:41:35 am

33 1/3 %

I'd predict Clemson, based on what I've read; but I'd love to be wrong.

Maybe someone should ask him if he wants to play for a team that's been to a Final Four. That would eliminate Clemson and USC immediately.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 05:44:44 am by NewNiner »

cltniners

Reply #42 on: November 08, 2016, 06:22:00 am
clt hopes he doesn't fall for the obvious trap below the border.

clt says if he does, we may welcome him here as a transfer after his freshman year.

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
Reply #43 on: November 08, 2016, 07:35:15 am
Trapp may want to have a talk with Ajukwa and Bernard Sullivan
Charlotte 49ers - TITLE IX CHAMPIONS, July 1, 1990- Present!

Official 49ers AD Moto: Minimum Necessarium Esse, Nihil Magis

https://i.imgur.com/74Mcl1t.jpg

jfickett

• Senior Captain
  • Charlotte 49ers Football - A new chance for glory.
    • LinkedIn
Reply #44 on: November 08, 2016, 07:36:20 am
Trapp may want to have a talk with Ajukwa and Bernard Sullivan

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh
11/28/2016 (16:35:02) s9er: It cost less to in student fees to launch a man into space than it does get a Charlotte men's basketball team into the NCAA's

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Sophomore
Reply #45 on: November 08, 2016, 11:53:43 am
If he doesn't pick us, let's please keep trash off the tweeter.  As has been referenced above, a lot of guys that consider us, and then pick a P5 school have a funny way of ending up back here, especially the last couple of years.  And this kid definitely checks twitter. 
#bus1

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #46 on: November 08, 2016, 12:12:31 pm
If he doesn't pick us, let's please keep trash off the tweeter.  As has been referenced above, a lot of guys that consider us, and then pick a P5 school have a funny way of ending up back here, especially the last couple of years.  And this kid definitely checks twitter.

Thank you.  Great suggestion.  Hopefully, everyone heeds your advice. 

We all need to remember these kids are often under a great amount of pressure and have "advisors", even though sometimes these "advisors" do not always have the player's best interest as their intentions.

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

NewNiner

• Senior
Reply #47 on: November 08, 2016, 02:26:28 pm

Thank you.  Great suggestion.  Hopefully, everyone heeds your advice. 

We all need to remember these kids are often under a great amount of pressure and have "advisors", even though sometimes these "advisors" do not always have the player's best interest as their intentions.

My thoughts exactly. A simple "disappointed but wish you well, except when you play the Niners" can go a long way in making a great impression.

cltniners

Reply #48 on: November 08, 2016, 02:36:35 pm
clt says this could be a bigly start to the 17 class

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #49 on: November 08, 2016, 03:18:00 pm
Trapp now a 3 star at 247, http://247sports.com/Player/Clyde-Trapp-46035834.

One of the USC guys that predicted USC, flipped his prediction to Charlotte today.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos