Author Topic: davidsoncats.com  (Read 2738 times)

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
on: October 19, 2016, 09:10:38 pm
I believe I mentioned this in the ShoutBox a month or so ago, but Davidson's message board may be close to going the way of their free dry cleaning.  The owners of davidsoncats.com are looking to get out and sell the board but several months into the process they do not have a buyer.  They are being mum on what it would take to buy the board, but from reading posts on this topic they have 2516 registered users, but only 230 have more than 100 posts.  Combine that with no ad revenue and there seems to be a difference in what the current owners believe it is worth and what prospective owners are willing to pay.

The "managing" owner indicates that he is currently working with two groups of former athletes/alums who have the money, but the time commitment required is a problem.  To understand this, you have to know that their board is one of the most heavily moderated boards that I look at occasionally.  On one hand it is refreshing to read a fairly positive board, on the other they have limited regular posters so clearly they serve the few.  A cryptic post has the LOLCats wound up as one of their key members said "No one purchasing.  Shuts down Nov. 4 at 7pm."  Joke?  Real?  Who knows.  This merits watching for the next few weeks.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:16:45 pm by Nugget »
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

cltniners

Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 06:27:08 am
clt says we should buy it

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 08:23:54 am
FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 09:09:29 am
Buy it and make this the homepage:

Charlotte 49ers - TITLE IX CHAMPIONS, July 1, 1990- Present!

Official 49ers AD Moto: Minimum Necessarium Esse, Nihil Magis

https://i.imgur.com/74Mcl1t.jpg

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 09:17:53 am
Buy it and make this the homepage:

THIS is when they decided not to play us for awhile. Cats? PUSSIES!
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 10:04:40 am

I agree

Quips and digs aside, if there is something we can do to help I feel like we should.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loathe Davidson, their fans, and the way that their board is moderated... but I'd hate for any fanbase to lose their board. Especially one that we do interact with on a regular basis.

If we can provide any type of assistance, be it technical or otherwise, I think it would be a decent thing for us to do.

Who knows, maybe this is all just a reaction to the current political climate. I'm so starved for unity and cooperation that I'm willing to help out the LOLcats.
DUCK FAVIDSON

cltniners

Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 10:10:07 am
clt was going to use the domain for geese and std awareness.

jfickett

• Senior Captain
  • Charlotte 49ers Football - A new chance for glory.
    • LinkedIn
Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 10:26:45 am

I agree

Quips and digs aside, if there is something we can do to help I feel like we should.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loathe Davidson, their fans, and the way that their board is moderated... but I'd hate for any fanbase to lose their board. Especially one that we do interact with on a regular basis.

If we can provide any type of assistance, be it technical or otherwise, I think it would be a decent thing for us to do.

Who knows, maybe this is all just a reaction to the current political climate. I'm so starved for unity and cooperation that I'm willing to help out the LOLcats.

:o you've gone soft, man
11/28/2016 (16:35:02) s9er: It cost less to in student fees to launch a man into space than it does get a Charlotte men's basketball team into the NCAA's

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 10:55:42 am

I agree

If we buy it, can we get our banned UserIDs reinstated or should we just create new ones? 

😀
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 12:34:44 pm

I agree

:o you've gone soft, man

Or, maybe it's all part of my nefarious plan to infiltrate their inner circle so I can dismantle them from within...

Either way, any foreign aid from Niner Nation must include stipulations that protect any and all of us from their incessant freedom of speech violations of the past.

NO MORE BANS!
DUCK FAVIDSON

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 02:20:26 pm
They could just migrate to csnbbs. I'm sure there is already an underutilized Davidson board there waiting for them.

Submarley734

• Senior
Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 03:20:52 pm

[/size]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 03:27:20 pm by Submarley734 »

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 03:22:12 pm
UNC Concrete is no help to the LOLCats. f*** them.

Submarley734

• Senior
Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 03:29:12 pm

I agree

That's impossible. According to them, all Davidson alumni are geniuses, and all Charlotte alumni are idiots who envy their amazing brain power. How could we possibly help them with anything technical?

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 03:31:54 pm
The owner shouldn't really be asking for anything beyond the cost to transfer ownership. Forums are rarely money makers. You need thousands of active users to even turn a small profit...and that's only if you know how to properly monetize your traffic.

Ninerfan2012

• Freshman
Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 12:33:52 pm
The owner shouldn't really be asking for anything beyond the cost to transfer ownership. Forums are rarely money makers. You need thousands of active users to even turn a small profit...and that's only if you know how to properly monetize your traffic.

So the people who own NN.N aren't the 1%?

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 01:03:27 pm

So the people who own NN.N aren't the 1%?
The guy who owns CSNBBS made it seem like he makes a decent, but unremarkable salary from running CSNBBS. That site has 43,000 members and nearly 800 posts per day.

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 01:24:52 pm
Is it georgia_tech_swagger?
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

moss2k

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 01:26:34 pm
Is it georgia_tech_swagger?
I believe so.

N1NER

• Junior
Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 01:50:31 pm
Davidson sucks!!

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #20 on: November 04, 2016, 01:33:43 pm
davidsoncats.com goes dark tonight at 7:00 pm.  Or does it?  Nobody seems to know on their board, or at least they are not talking about it.  What's an LOLCat to do without their safe space to talk about Steph?

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #21 on: November 04, 2016, 03:09:49 pm
davidsoncats.com goes dark tonight at 7:00 pm.  Or does it?  Nobody seems to know on their board, or at least they are not talking about it.  What's an LOLCat to do without their safe space to talk about Steph?

How much will it cost to buy it?
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #22 on: November 04, 2016, 03:48:51 pm

How much will it cost to buy it?
The domain name is registered through 11/18/2017 so you would have to buy it from the current owner.  If they cannot find a buyer and the site does go down then you can pick it up cheap in a year.

cltniners

Reply #23 on: November 04, 2016, 05:12:25 pm
clt hopes that Their[size=78%] chat board continues [/size]

always a welcoming group of folks.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #24 on: November 04, 2016, 05:29:33 pm
Screw their fans and their shitty message board.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos