Author Topic: UGA System Regents approve Georgia State U.'s purchase of Turner Field  (Read 2492 times)

cltniners

clt says this is absurd. They should get the new Atlanta stadium that looks like an anus.

d_whitley

• Walk On
  • Charlotte c/o 17'
I'm really happy for them as a university! Also I'm glad Turner is being put to good use instead of just knocking it down. The city of Atlanta always seems to be spending money on destroying things and starting over every 20 years.
#RockSolid #49ersMBB #NinerStandards
Twitter: d_whitley1 - 49Shades_Green

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
I'm really happy for them as a university! Also I'm glad Turner is being put to good use instead of just knocking it down. The city of Atlanta always seems to be spending money on destroying things and starting over every 20 years.

That's what you do when you have money. That's pretty much why the city of Charlotte has very little old, classic stuff too. There's been money here since forever, especially after 1865, unlike Charleston, SC whose economy tanked about then, so they had to make-do with what was left. They still do, but for different reasons today, and the result is they have buildings with that "old Southern Charm". Meanwhile, Charlotte is new and keeps being new because most of the old, classic stuff is gone anyway and there's money here to replace what was built in the 70's that replaced what was built many years before. Charlotte has always had the "gotta have new" mentality.

So, how many of you are still driving a '36 Chevy? Or a '70 Nova for that matter?
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.”
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

Nugget

• Assistant Coach

That's what you do when you have money. That's pretty much why the city of Charlotte has very little old, classic stuff too. There's been money here since forever, especially after 1865, unlike Charleston, SC whose economy tanked about then, so they had to make-do with what was left. They still do, but for different reasons today, and the result is they have buildings with that "old Southern Charm". Meanwhile, Charlotte is new and keeps being new because most of the old, classic stuff is gone anyway and there's money here to replace what was built in the 70's that replaced what was built many years before. Charlotte has always had the "gotta have new" mentality.

So, how many of you are still driving a '36 Chevy? Or a '70 Nova for that matter?
You got something against '70 Novas?
#unc-CHeatingPays

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973

You got something against '70 Novas?

Had one in '73. Have had 6 new cars since. Hence, my point.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.”
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
The Niners will play there in September of 2021 & 2022.  Should be a nice road trip.

NinerAdvocate

Funky layout aside, yet another sun belch stadium above ours.

Judy fiddled whilst Ninerdom burned.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain

Other than size, this stadium is comparable to ours. At least at JRS you aren't tailgating in the ghetto.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior

Other than size, this stadium is comparable to ours. At least at JRS you aren't tailgating in the ghetto.
Yep. You get to tailgate in an undisclosed location.

cltniners

clt prefers our small nice stadium.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
We really need to add suites. This could bring in more corporate sponsorship dollars and allow those with deep pockets the ability to avoid the heat, cold and rain we normally experience during the season. 

austinniner

• Senior
We really need to add suites. This could bring in more corporate sponsorship dollars and allow those with deep pockets the ability to avoid the heat, cold and rain we normally experience during the season.

yes - we should just mirror the other side of the stadium with another building full of suites.  Then just add 1 level of seats above on each side and be done.
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos