Author Topic: ODU @ Charlotte Post Game  (Read 6039 times)

Niner17

• Walk On
Reply #50 on: January 23, 2017, 05:36:38 pm
feature=youtu.be

Pretty awesome video from the game! It gives me chills every time I watch it. Looking forward to more games like this from the team and more quality videos from the production team. Go NINERS!

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #51 on: January 23, 2017, 05:57:06 pm
feature=youtu.be

Pretty awesome video from the game! It gives me chills every time I watch it. Looking forward to more games like this from the team and more quality videos from the production team. Go NINERS!

I posted this video on my FB page. It is awesome to watch.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #52 on: January 23, 2017, 06:09:31 pm
I'm rooting for Article 17 to save White. Watch the video and he never threw a punch and it's a serious stretch to deem his as a participant in the fight. Hook for sure is out against UNT. No doubt with him.
Hook should not make the trip to Texas regardless of what the NCAA says. Price should make that decision
You want him to sit out 2 games?

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
Reply #53 on: January 23, 2017, 07:38:30 pm
feature=youtu.be

That's the best video production we have done in ages. Kudos to whomever did that. More please!
Charlotte 49ers - TITLE IX CHAMPIONS, July 1, 1990- Present!

Official 49ers AD Moto: Minimum Necessarium Esse, Nihil Magis

https://i.imgur.com/74Mcl1t.jpg

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #54 on: January 23, 2017, 07:47:26 pm
 Best video since the football student tailgate video

NewNiner

• Senior
Reply #55 on: January 23, 2017, 08:30:05 pm
Best video since the football student tailgate video

Agreed. Probably the best basketball video since... Coley dunks were in the highlights?
Hail Charlotte 49ers and Hark Upon the Gale!

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #56 on: January 23, 2017, 08:33:38 pm
Great video from the ODU game:

Also, catch all of JD's buckets here: https://twitter.com/Trevor_Wilt1​0/status/823642862394937344

sbelachi

• Walk On
Reply #57 on: January 23, 2017, 10:55:28 pm
feature=youtu.be

That's the best video production we have done in ages. Kudos to whomever did that. More please!

They had a part-time job opening for UNC Charlotte students good at video editing and photoshop. Looks like they've found someone.

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #58 on: January 23, 2017, 11:34:34 pm
I'm rooting for Article 17 to save White. Watch the video and he never threw a punch and it's a serious stretch to deem his as a participant in the fight. Hook for sure is out against UNT. No doubt with him.
Hook should not make the trip to Texas regardless of what the NCAA says. Price should make that decision
No reason to be a hardo, give him the one game suspension and play him against Rice where he will be needed.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #59 on: January 23, 2017, 11:38:46 pm
feature=youtu.be

They had a part-time job opening for UNC Charlotte students good at video editing and photoshop. Looks like they've found someone.
Sounds like they've added several new interns to the staff to help with things like this and social media, etc.

Wingate49erFan

• Sophomore
Reply #60 on: January 24, 2017, 02:08:09 am
This was very well done. Best video production I've seen from the Niners. (Of course it helps when the game unfolds dramatically as it did  ;) )
Got Lutz?

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #61 on: January 24, 2017, 09:10:50 am
They should show this video on the big screen with 5 minutes left in pregame warm ups prior to our next home game. Excellent job. VERY inspiring. 
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

lucky57

• Senior
Reply #62 on: January 24, 2017, 01:59:10 pm
Agree vociferously with both the kudos for the video and the comments that Benas should at least get some playing time and it should come from Hudson....No offense intended but Hudson gives us no rebounding,very little D and lately very little off. punch....Yes he did make 1 nice lefty layup but if that's about it for the minutes he played,well,that's not much.

I'm not a huge Benas fan by any means,but he has to be able to give us more than Hudson.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #63 on: January 24, 2017, 05:05:27 pm
Agree vociferously with both the kudos for the video and the comments that Benas should at least get some playing time and it should come from Hudson....No offense intended but Hudson gives us no rebounding,very little D and lately very little off. punch....Yes he did make 1 nice lefty layup but if that's about it for the minutes he played,well,that's not much.

I'm not a huge Benas fan by any means,but he has to be able to give us more than Hudson.
IIRC and FWIW, Fancher said in the pregame talk up stairs that they planned to play small, which leads me to believe Benas not playing had something to do with match ups against ODU. Maybe they thought they could disrupt the ODU offensive sets with quickness. Of course, Price isn't all that quick either.

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #64 on: January 24, 2017, 05:35:43 pm
He told us downstairs in pregame that we were going small and press the whole game to speed them up when they like to play very slow.  The press probably got called off after White and Van Hook were tossed and Jackson's foul trouble.

Price also made the comment on post-game that ODU starting doubling us on the screen when Davis had the ball at the top of the key and he did not screen the last two trips down the floor so they could not double.  I enjoyed hearing a coach that recognized something and made the adjustment.

lucky57

• Senior
Reply #65 on: January 24, 2017, 06:21:00 pm
If playing "small" meant having a quick,fast,good defender than i'd understand playing Hudson.But he doesn't help with a press,in fact,at least having a 7 footer at the back of a press would probably be more helpful. Again,i'm not trying to sell Benas as the next Wilt Chamberlain but he is 7 ft. tall.

ninerrbl

• Freshman
Reply #66 on: January 24, 2017, 07:57:59 pm
If playing "small" meant having a quick,fast,good defender than i'd understand playing Hudson.But he doesn't help with a press,in fact,at least having a 7 footer at the back of a press would probably be more helpful. Again,i'm not trying to sell Benas as the next Wilt Chamberlain but he is 7 ft. tall.
I agree. Just put him the lane and at least make teams shot their lay ups over him. You can use him on the pick & pop cause he's not a bad shooter. He would make the other team's big guard him. As I said before, he had his best game against the best team they have played and they weren't mop up numbers. I can't see why he's not playing.

ninerrbl

• Freshman
Reply #67 on: January 24, 2017, 08:00:24 pm
Yes he should sit out 2 games. He threw punches.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #68 on: January 24, 2017, 10:04:11 pm

But they weren't good punches.
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #69 on: January 24, 2017, 10:08:08 pm

Dude has anger issues or head case or whatever... I don't care. I don't like it or how he acts sometimes on the court but I want players to play if they can help win games. He threw a punch that didn't even land during a scuffle. Come on now. This was on the court. He didn't knock a girl out. This is DI basketball, his parents can teach him life lessons, just win.

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #70 on: January 24, 2017, 10:11:58 pm
review this tomorrow morning.
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

cltniners

Reply #71 on: January 25, 2017, 06:14:59 am
clt is concerned that beans may leave. Free beans!

ninerrbl

• Freshman
Reply #72 on: January 25, 2017, 08:57:37 pm
He should leave. I think this staff is giving him a raw deal. Why I don't know? Maybe cause he's not their recruit.
We need size and Benis isn't an awful player. He could help if they give him the minutes. He proved it against
Maryland.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #73 on: January 25, 2017, 09:14:44 pm
He should leave. I think this staff is giving him a raw deal. Why I don't know? Maybe cause he's not their recruit.
We need size and Benis isn't an awful player. He could help if they give him the minutes. He proved it against
Maryland.

Benas is a transfer, so it was Auburn, Sit Out, Charlotte and Charlotte.  Next year is year five for him and unless he goes D2 he couldn't play.  I think he is a Niner next year.
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

Iron9er

• Senior Captain
Reply #74 on: January 25, 2017, 09:28:17 pm
Maryland.

Benas is a transfer, so it was Auburn, Sit Out, Charlotte and Charlotte.  Next year is year five for him and unless he goes D2 he couldn't play.  I think he is a Niner next year.

If he graduates, he can leave without sitting out to another D1, ala Thorne.
"Congrats. You guys beat our ass last night and it was a pretty pathetic performance on the glass and downlow." - StillJonesing - December 2, 2012.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos