Author Topic: ODU @ Charlotte Post Game  (Read 8775 times)

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #75 on: January 25, 2017, 09:54:06 pm
clt is concerned that beans may leave. Free beans!
He should leave. I think this staff is giving him a raw deal. Why I don't know? Maybe cause he's not their recruit.
We need size and Benis isn't an awful player. He could help if they give him the minutes. He proved it against
Maryland.

Benas is a transfer, so it was Auburn, Sit Out, Charlotte and Charlotte.  Next year is year five for him and unless he goes D2 he couldn't play.  I think he is a Niner next year.

If he graduates, he can leave without sitting out to another D1, ala Thorne.
Oh, good point.  I didn't think of that.  I think he is a top student.

EDIT:  Here are the rules for this.  I think the tricky part of getting the waiver would be us giving him permission.  I am not saying we wouldn't, because it would free up a scholarship, but I would guess he would want to discuss it now and not surprise the coaches at the end of the semester.

Graduate Transfer Waiver

The graduate transfer waiver is now typically used by athletes who have previous transferred once before and so cannot use the one-time transfer exception (even as a graduate student).

A letter from the previous school saying it does not object to the student-athlete being eligible;

Documentation that the student-athlete has been accepted into a specific graduate degree program;

Documentation about whether that degree program is offered by the previous school;
A student-athlete statement including the reasons for the transfer; and

A statement from the previous institution about the student-athlete’s status on the team.

Generally the heart of the waiver is the three middle bullets. The NCAA wants to see that the student-athlete transferred in order to continue his or her academic career by pursuing a graduate degree not offered at the previous school.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 10:04:31 pm by Nugget »
#unc-CHeatingPays

cltniners

Reply #76 on: January 26, 2017, 06:25:29 am
clt is concerned that beans may leave. Free beans!
He should leave. I think this staff is giving him a raw deal. Why I don't know? Maybe cause he's not their recruit.
We need size and Benis isn't an awful player. He could help if they give him the minutes. He proved it against
Maryland.

Benas is a transfer, so it was Auburn, Sit Out, Charlotte and Charlotte.  Next year is year five for him and unless he goes D2 he couldn't play.  I think he is a Niner next year.

If he graduates, he can leave without sitting out to another D1, ala Thorne.
Oh, good point.  I didn't think of that.  I think he is a top student.

EDIT:  Here are the rules for this.  I think the tricky part of getting the waiver would be us giving him permission.  I am not saying we wouldn't, because it would free up a scholarship, but I would guess he would want to discuss it now and not surprise the coaches at the end of the semester.

Graduate Transfer Waiver

The graduate transfer waiver is now typically used by athletes who have previous transferred once before and so cannot use the one-time transfer exception (even as a graduate student).

A letter from the previous school saying it does not object to the student-athlete being eligible;

Documentation that the student-athlete has been accepted into a specific graduate degree program;

Documentation about whether that degree program is offered by the previous school;

A student-athlete statement including the reasons for the transfer; and

A statement from the previous institution about the student-athlete’s status on the team.

Generally the heart of the waiver is the three middle bullets. The NCAA wants to see that the student-athlete transferred in order to continue his or her academic career by pursuing a graduate degree not offered at the previous school.

clt says sizeking price will send him away

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos