Author Topic: MTSU Postgame  (Read 2927 times)

9erken

• Senior Captain
Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 09:45:24 am
I don't exactly agree with that. Our interior defense would be much better if our guards could keep the other teams guards out of the lane. I have seen many undersized teams play outstanding defense by applying pressure on the ball handlers. Our guards are a swing door to the lane
I think you're right. Both our perimeter and interior D is suspect. I guess it's hard to coach good defense, or maybe it just means spending more time on it than a coach typically wants to. I think our guards are good enough that they should be able to play passable team defense, make drives the basket and passing into the post a little harder.  I don't think it's effort though, they seem to me to be working hard on that end, and yet opposing players get to where they want to go too easily.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 10:02:01 am
Rules changed to open up offense, that said, we have to improve all round on defense. Big guys that can rotate over on penetration to help block/alter shots would be huge for us, and to eliminate off rebounds from our opponents.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos