Author Topic: clt starts wku postgame  (Read 5484 times)

cltniners

on: February 23, 2017, 08:31:31 pm
how is Dustin Johnson able to play golf and hoop?

cltniners

Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 08:56:01 pm
Aube and beans should Start

elvis

• Walk On
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 09:34:44 pm

good win tonight, let's hope John Davis's Father isn't an AAU coach and in line for the State job

Braxton Ogb showed up tonight

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 10:01:51 pm
Davis may be player of the game, but Aube made the play of the game, twice. Husling out two rebounds in the final 1:30 to seal the win.
Also had a very nice block in the 1st half too. Glad we got the win though, now onto Marshall!
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 10:04:30 pm
Davis may be player of the game, but Aube made the play of the game, twice. Husling out two rebounds in the final 1:30 to seal the win.
Also had a very nice block in the 1st half too. Glad we got the win though, now onto Marshall!

Aube's hustle plays saved the day for sure down the stretch. Maintaining possession there was HUUUGE!
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 10:11:16 pm

Aube's hustle plays saved the day for sure down the stretch. Maintaining possession there was HUUUGE!
Agreed! HUGE offensive boards down the stretch.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

NinerAdvocate

Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 10:26:15 pm
I remember Eddie Basden making plays like Aube made to save some games for us. Best hustle I have seen in clutch time in several years for us. Fitting end to his career here. His postgame presser was fun too.

Hal Jordan

• Freshman
Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 11:06:59 pm
it was a much needed win
Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 11:20:17 pm
We started strong, took their haymaker, and made the free throws to win.

We give tHem crap when they lose, but they brought it tonight, and won.

Good stuff by our guys.
FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

MEGRNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 11:29:00 pm
Maybe I was a little punch drunk from watching us jump out to a sizeable lead and then hold onto it for most of the game, but I SWEAR that I thought I saw a little defense tonight..... Really!  AND...... we actually outrebounded an opponent for once.

The halfcourt 1-3-1 bothered WKU tonight and the post doubles actually worked for the most part. Poundcake Johnson was on fire the first half, but JD stayed on his tail much of the second half and kept him from going off. 

Really fun game to watch.

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 12:04:12 am
Anyone who watched that game and still asks for more Benas, I don't know what to tell you.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 06:57:52 am
We won!  Yay!
Mahna Mahna

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 08:07:09 am
We showed heart that had been missing. Very proud.

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 08:09:41 am
Anyone who watched that game and still asks for more Benas, I don't know what to tell you.

3 Points, 3 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal and just 1 foul in just 7 minutes. I don't think you know what to tell me either.  ;D

He was cold as hell from the free throw line, but those were his first in game free throws since January 2nd.

All in all, game went as most do against teams we should beat. We started to pull away in the 2nd, then our offense ground to a halt and we coughed up the lead. Certainly glad to win, we'll likely be underdogs in our final 3 games. We need each and every one of them to finish .500 in C-USA.

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 09:02:42 am
I thought the team had "quit" for the season.  ::)

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 09:10:02 am

3 Points, 3 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal and just 1 foul in just 7 minutes. I don't think you know what to tell me either.  ;D

He was cold as hell from the free throw line, but those were his first in game free throws since January 2nd.

Cost us 5 points at the line, he was consistently slow on rotations, lucked into that one blocked shot.  Or the time where he was too slow down the court and had to foul the guy so he didn't take a wide open layup.  Benas sucks and we all need to stop stumping for him to play.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 09:10:59 am
Free Benas

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #17 on: February 24, 2017, 09:25:05 am

Tuned in to the last 5 minutes of the game, and those 2 plays by Aube made it worth it. 

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #18 on: February 24, 2017, 09:32:16 am

Cost us 5 points at the line, he was consistently slow on rotations, lucked into that one blocked shot.  Or the time where he was too slow down the court and had to foul the guy so he didn't take a wide open layup.  Benas sucks and we all need to stop stumping for him to play.

We don't have better options. If we had a bench full of big men I would agree. Give the guy more minutes!

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #19 on: February 24, 2017, 11:20:48 am

We don't have better options. If we had a bench full of big men I would agree. Give the guy more minutes!

This and if nothing else, MAYBE it keeps other teams for game planning SO MUCH to pound us inside since the lineup will show a 7-footer inside instead of a 6-5 guy.  :-[

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #20 on: February 24, 2017, 12:00:53 pm
Price is keeping Benas on the bench in order to spring him on the opposition during the conference tournament, when they will not have time to game plan for him. This is Coach Price's evil genius at work and will get us an NCAA bid.

No, this is not a serious post.

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #21 on: February 24, 2017, 12:29:09 pm
This and if nothing else, MAYBE it keeps other teams for game planning SO MUCH to pound us inside since the lineup will show a 7-footer inside instead of a 6-5 guy.  :-[

I'm pretty sure they watch film and don't just look at #s. They could go to a smaller/quicker lineup that Benas would not be able to stop. Then again, I am not confident he'd be able to stop decently talented big men either, and they'd just keep pounding it inside.

IMHO this is a moot point. Starting either Benas or 6'5 whatever players at C is much less than ideal.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #22 on: February 24, 2017, 02:20:23 pm
Are you guys being serious about calling Benas a rim protector?

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

elrodvt

• Walk On
Reply #23 on: February 24, 2017, 02:45:59 pm
For those clamoring to play benas more do you actually go to the games?
It's so obvious he's not a D1 talent at this point and is only played out of desperation.
Could be get better? Sure but he hasn't improved very much so far.
It's pretty telling when a much shorter guy who was a walk on is a better option in crunch time.
And yeah I do think the coaching staff might be a better evaluator of talent than you.

Now for the folks complaining about the coaching staff. It takes a long time for a new staff to be trusted by the aau coaches and those relationships are critical. Be patient but realize we're in a bottom feeder conference and getting talented big men is going to be really, really hard. Personally I'm excited by what price has been able to put together with a bare cupboard to start.

Finally for those that like to blame this on the AD how many of you would've given your first born for football?
You got exactly what you asked for and set the b-ball program back a long, long ways. Could cusa become a better b-ball league or could we move? Dunno but again your the one's who asked for this so be patient and stop talking about the AD in every damn thread. I'm sure this will be a popular perspective. 😁

Ninerfan2012

• Freshman
Reply #24 on: February 24, 2017, 02:51:45 pm
lol at football setting basketball back. I'm sure extending lutz, hiring major, and extending major had nothing to do with that.

Also complaints about the AD stem from how the entire athletic department is run (poorly), which has been an issue long before Price even stepped foot on campus.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos