Author Topic: Post your emails to the AD here:  (Read 5956 times)

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #25 on: March 19, 2017, 12:28:03 am

My email is going to CHP, with a cc to Judy..everyone else in the AD is a yes man and really don't deserve the attention.

I really want to figure out a way to get the Observer to write something with some depth...after the tournament is over of course.

IMO this is the most effective tactic we have.

It has to be more than our dwindling hard core fans to get our message out. Having Observer do an in depth article would put pressure on her "whales" since they are our driving force in devision making. They dont like too look bad. If we could get the Biz Journal to do an in depth article on the opportunity cost $ lost would also be great. 

A lot of transplants to this area would like something to get behind and we need that mentality along with engaging our alumni.

Forward the bottom 25 article to Tom Sorensen.

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #26 on: March 19, 2017, 11:29:02 am
anyone have handy key email addr's..

The Board of Trustees?

Anyone else you can think of that might merit inclusion.

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #28 on: March 19, 2017, 02:46:27 pm
Threw this email together. Feel free to use it, tweak it, etc...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Respected Members of the UNC Charlotte Board of Trustees,

I am a loyal supporter of the Charlotte 49ers, and am contacting you because I want Judy Rose removed as Athletic Director.

More than 220 different NCAA D1 men's basketball programs have reached the NCAA Tournament since the Charlotte 49ers' last appearance, in 2005. This fact is embarrassing and unacceptable. Over the course of the 12 year absence, and through multiple head coaching changes, Charlotte has consistently and inarguably regressed, by any measure, into one of the nation's worst D1 basketball programs - due in part to Judy Rose's poor discretion, and overall inability to produce the competitive and exciting experience owed to students, athletes, and fans.

A shakeup is needed. Judy Rose has demonstrated that she cannot be trusted to handle coaching contracts, or execute any innovative solutions to correct the program's general underachievement. Student subsidies continue to climb among the nation's highest, while attendance and victories steadily diminish. Acknowledgement of these shortcomings is non-existent, and Rose's refusal to address the concerns of a frustrated and exhausted fanbase undermines the foundation, and future, of Charlotte Athletics. She is a liability to the reputation of Charlotte 49er Athletics, and urgently needs to be replaced.

Thank you for your consideration

Charlotte makes the top 25 for all the wrong reasons
http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/25-worst-college-football-basketball-combinations-2016-2017

Student subsidies reach record levels

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/editorials/article47407695.html
http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

A fan's perspective on 49er's downward spiral
http://www.stateofcharlotte.com/the-state-of-charlotte-49er-athletics/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 05:51:04 pm by donkeyjaws »

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #29 on: March 19, 2017, 03:00:39 pm
Threw this email together. Feel free to use it, tweek it, etc...

--------------------------------------------------------------

I am a loyal supporter of the Charlotte 49ers, and am contacting you because I want Judy Rose removed as Athletic Director.

More than 220 different NCAA D1 men's basketball programs have reached the NCAA Tournament since the Charlotte 49ers' last appearance, in 2005. This fact is embarrassing and unacceptable. Over the course of the 12 year absence, and through multiple head coaching changes, Charlotte has consistently, and inarguably, regressed by any measure into one of the nation's worst D1 basketball programs - due, in part, to Judy Rose's poor discretion, and overall inability to produce the competitive and exciting experience owed to students, athletes, and fans.

A shakeup is needed. Judy Rose has demonstrated that she cannot be trusted to handle coaching contracts, or execute any innovative solutions to correct the program's general underachievement. Student subsidies continue to climb among the nation's highest, while attendance and victories steadily diminish. Acknowledgement of these shortcomings is non-existent, and Rose's refusal to address the concerns of a frustrated and exhausted fanbase undermines the foundation, and future, of Charlotte Athletics. She is a liability to the reputation of Charlotte 49er Athletics, and urgently needs to be replaced.

Thank you for your consideration

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/25-worst-college-football-basketball-combinations-2016-2017

this is great. these are the types of serious, yet non-confrontational emails that we need to send.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 10:36:56 pm
#FACTS

NJNiner12

• Walk On
Reply #31 on: March 19, 2017, 10:49:21 pm
I love the idea, but this all going to fall on deaf ears. You will not hear a word from Judy, but get ready to receive a condescending e-mail from Phil.

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 07:24:14 am
I love the idea, but this all going to fall on deaf ears. You will not hear a word from Judy, but get ready to receive a condescending e-mail from Phil.

All the more reason to do it. Publish his condescending responses. These are valid concerns, and if he wants to make excuses for them, then everyone can judge for themselves if he's out of line.

Including all BOT and Observer will keep things on a more level playing ground than by just emailing Judy/CHP exclusively.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 09:46:43 am

All the more reason to do it. Publish his condescending responses. These are valid concerns, and if he wants to make excuses for them, then everyone can judge for themselves if he's out of line.

Including all BOT and Observer will keep things on a more level playing ground than by just emailing Judy/CHP exclusively.

It will be interesting to see the Observer's take on this.  I'm not convinced they're going to publicly be too critical of our administration.  Sorensen may be an exception to the rule. And no, this is not a criticism of the O.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #34 on: March 20, 2017, 10:10:13 am
I know Sorensen "retired".  But I thought he might still have an Observer email address.  I can't seem to find it.

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #35 on: March 20, 2017, 10:14:48 am
We risk having the O come back with, "Why are you attacking the AD that brought you Football??"

Hopefully, if coverage ever manages to pop up, it'll be objective. Just not counting on it. This is an uphill battle.

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #36 on: March 20, 2017, 10:37:05 am
Anyone have a response? Details aren't important.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

jfickett

• Senior Captain
  • Charlotte 49ers Football - A new chance for glory.
    • LinkedIn
Reply #37 on: March 20, 2017, 10:42:16 am
no response to mine, and not expecting one.  My next donation will be sent with a cover letter that is not nearly as polite as my last correspondence and a check for $0.49 just to see if they cash it.
11/28/2016 (16:35:02) s9er: It cost less to in student fees to launch a man into space than it does get a Charlotte men's basketball team into the NCAA's

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #38 on: March 20, 2017, 10:52:12 am
Chancellor Dubois,

I am writing you today in the hopes you can provide some insight in regards to the direction of the athletic programs at the University, specifically that of the Men’s Basketball program. I’m not asking for a direct line of sight, however I do feel very strongly the donors and fans of this program deserve answers. The lack of a clear vision, or any directional messaging from AD Judy Rose, or yourself is frustrating to say the very least.  We have been repeatedly asked for patience, but we have seen neither results or a strategic plan to right what has clearly gone so very wrong.

I’m not going to Monday morning QB the decision to move on from Coach Lutz, we can all agree the program had gone stale since that last NCAA Tournament appearance. That gutting loss to NCSU (also your first day on the job if I’m not mistaken) started our spiral. Lutz was 83-75 and 41-39 in league play after that loss. Using any metric available, it was the very definition of mediocrity. Unfortunately, the only stain on the decision to move on was the albatross of a contract extension given to Lutz just a short time before.  We needed a breath of fresh air… We needed to go to the NCAA’s as a 5 year drought was too long.

At the time of the move, AD Judy Rose made comments that really echoed my beliefs as to where we should be as a program "Our expectations for our program are high and our goal is to strive to be in the upper echelon of the Atlantic 10 with an opportunity to compete in the NCAA tournament on a regular basis".  Your comments also spoke to my frustrations: “We looked at the record the last five years, we've gone to the NIT twice and we've not gone three times and that by definition says you're out of the top 97 teams and maybe more than that. With the investment we've made in basketball, we have to be better than that.” I really felt as we were going to right the ship and get back to the NCAA’s. Little did I know I’d be looking back at the last 5 years of the Lutz regime as the high watermark of the past dozen seasons.

I really don’t think revisiting the Alan Major years is worth anyone’s time. He took a mediocre program and made it a bad one. 6 games under .500 overall and 24 games under. 500 in A10 and CUSA play.  In comes Coach Price to try and piece it back together. Unfortunately we are 27-36 and 16-20 in CUSA play and based on the current roster, unless we have an incredible spring recruiting cycle, the prospects for next season don’t look very promising. I’m 100% behind Coach Price and want to see him fix what is broken, but at some point the fan base needs to see some ownership from both yourself and AD Rose. We finished 7-11 in the 23rd ranked league in America, this season. This is not acceptable!

I understand the CUSA move was a football only move, however if you were not satisfied with lack of NCAA berths and not being a “Top 97”program, what are your feelings today? Have we moved the goalposts on what we consider success? We are now in what is essentially a one bid league. When I see us finishing 243 in this year’s RPI with atrocious attendance while struggling to keep kids from transferring out in droves, being a top 125 program seems to be a foolish aspirational goal at this point. When speaking of the move to the A-10 back in 2009, AD Rose commented “that perception has affected our attendance,” additionally “ it has affected our recruiting. When we announced and made the change, we had no idea the impact it would have on our recruits” finally, “we weren’t prepared” “I think we didn’t read the tea leaves.”  We were prepared for the move to CUSA? Did we read those tea leaves correctly? I hope I’m not alone is noticing a disturbing trend in our overall lack of preparedness for league moves.

As an alumnus who is a 49er fan and a 49er fan only, entering March Madness for the 12th consecutive year without a hope of inclusion has been brutal. But as a fan who still has long term hope, what bothers me most is the lack of a visible plan to fix it. A simple Google Search of “Athletic Department 5 year plan” gives you a list of schools and their commitment to their supporters in terms of a 5 or 10 year plans, giving supporters a road map to measure success against. For a school of our size, with our history, and with our potential- just existing is not sufficient. We are on year 12 of our decline and while we as a fan base need to continue to redefine what “rock bottom" is, we are still in the dark as to what the AD considers success. We deserve ownership, we deserve accountability, we deserve a road map for success. 

Best regards,

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:58:16 am by s9er »

NinerWupAss

• Gulag
  • Chancellor
Reply #39 on: March 20, 2017, 11:01:56 am
We risk having the O come back with, "Why are you attacking the AD that brought you Football??"

Hopefully, if coverage ever manages to pop up, it'll be objective. Just not counting on it. This is an uphill battle.

This.  Because the AD has done such an amazing job of taking credit for football, this is the response.  I have called into various radio shows and am always countered with she finally got football there what more do you want. 

This past weekend, I was talking to a member of the IMG tickets staff.  In discussion I mentioned CFI.  He said who is that?  I told the entire story and he said "that's a great story - people would love to hear it, it helps sell the program and would bring more people in.  Why haven't I heard this before?"  I said you will have to ask the AD that. 

He was also blown away by the crowd at the parade and asked why we hadn't been doing that every year. He brought vouchers for free tickets to spring game(great idea), but we ran out 1/3 of the way they because he didn't understand how big an event this was.  I said 100k people and he said no one told me that.  I've been telling the AD that for 5 years.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:03:46 am by NinerWupAss »
Mahna Mahna

cltniners

Reply #40 on: March 20, 2017, 11:10:03 am
clt says to also mention the needed name change.

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #41 on: March 20, 2017, 11:20:16 am
The email that I ultimately submitted. It went to the Charlotte AD, Observer, BOT
---------------------------------------------

As an alum of UNC Charlotte, and a loyal supporter of the Charlotte 49ers, I am contacting you because I want Judy Rose removed as Athletic Director.

More than 220 different NCAA D1 men's basketball programs have reached the NCAA Tournament since the Charlotte 49ers' last appearance, in 2005. This fact is embarrassing and unacceptable. Over the course of the 12 year absence, and through multiple head coaching changes, Charlotte has consistently and inarguably regressed into one of the nation's worst D1 basketball programs - due in part to Judy Rose's poor discretion, and overall inability to produce the competitive and exciting experience owed to students, athletes, and fans.

A shakeup is needed. Judy Rose has demonstrated that she cannot be trusted to handle coaching contracts, or execute any innovative solutions to correct the program's general underachievement. Student subsidies continue to climb among the nation's highest, while attendance and victories steadily diminish. Acknowledgement of these shortcomings is non-existent, and measures for success have not been publically defined. I am deeply concerned that Rose's apparent refusal to address the concerns of a frustrated and exhausted fanbase undermines the foundation, and future, of Charlotte Athletics. The AD’s current performance is a liability to the reputation of UNC Charlotte, and urgently needs to be reformed.

While I have been in a position to donate for several years now, I refrain for lack of faith in this Athletic Department’s commitment to winning. When a change is made, I will immediately put forth the resources necessary to achieve, at least, a Green Jacket status with the 49er Club.

I have enclosed several sources that support my perspective. Thank you for your consideration.

A 7 year old interview with Judy Rose and Chancellor DuBois – “The NIT isn't good enough”
http://gmine.blogspot.com/2010/03/q-with-judy-rose-and-dr-philip-dubois.html

SteauA

• Senior
Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 11:37:53 am
clt says to also mention the needed name change.

"What name confusion issue?" - Phil

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #43 on: March 20, 2017, 12:18:51 pm
I love the emails, but last time I sent her an email like that she basically told be to stfu and that she judges success on a much broader spectrum.  Kudos to you guys for trying though.

So, did she mention if she considered anything a success based on her "broader spectrum"?

NinerWupAss

• Gulag
  • Chancellor
Reply #44 on: March 20, 2017, 12:38:51 pm
I love the emails, but last time I sent her an email like that she basically told be to stfu and that she judges success on a much broader spectrum.  Kudos to you guys for trying though.

So, did she mention if she considered anything a success based on her "broader spectrum"?

She said and I quote "I live in the real world where there are other factors"

She did not share those factors, but I am willing to bet that they are not rocking the boat, not challenging her and not demanding anything.  We know Bobby did those things and we know Major did not.
Mahna Mahna

NJNiner12

• Walk On
Reply #45 on: March 20, 2017, 01:06:22 pm
I rushed this on my phone while at my desk at work. Probably not the best thing I have ever written, but this is what I put together. Lets see if I get an answer.

Dear Chancellor Dubois,

This is my second time reaching out to you and Ms. Rose on this topic. The first time I reached out, I was chastised for being disrespectful and not contributing any money to the athletic foundation (I had just graduated and did not yet have a job or finish paying off student loan debt). I will be the first to admit that I could have worded my email better as I was an extremely frustrated fan, but I thought the comments about a recent graduate who moved back to NJ and had not yet landed a job not immediately donating was somewhat out of line. Since our last conversation I have purchased a Football Seat License, and annually donate $250 to the athletic foundation. Not only have I been contributing money to my Alma mater, but I have been contributing money and paying for football tickets while living in New Jersey. I make a commitment every football season to come to 4-5 football games a season. I spend my hard earned money on flights, hotels, tailgating, etc. to come visit and support a city and program I care dearly about. There is not a game that the Charlotte 49ers play in the Northeast that I do not attend. I just came back from a trip to Charlotte where I attended all three of the Charlotte's opening weekend baseball games against West Virginia. I wish there was evidence of the same kind of commitment from the athletic department.

Again I do not want to come off as disrespectful, which is absolutely not my intention at all. All I am hoping for is you to provide some insight on the direction of the athletic program and more specifically the basketball program. I am not saying there is lack of commitment from the athletic department, but it is hard to gauge otherwise when there is no obvious plan. It is hard to gauge otherwise when Ms. Rose has gone completely silent and does not update the loyal fan base. I believe us donors have a right to answers and evidence of a direct plan. It is hard to keep donating and have faith when the results are getting worse and worse. It is an unpleasant sight to watch on the computer our basketball team playing some random conference team from Texas with a more than half empty arena with a tarp covering the upper deck. I completely understand why we are in CUSA and supported the move as it was essential in order for us to have football. What I do not understand is how a program which has had the success that we have had in the past continuously finishes in the bottom half of a one bid league. I no longer believe it is fair for the administration to tell us fans that there is plan and to be patient.

NJNiner12

• Walk On
Reply #46 on: March 20, 2017, 01:06:30 pm
The last time this team even sniffed "success" was my freshman year (2007), when they lost first round in the NIT to Nebraska. I loosely use the word success because that is an extremely low bar to set. Since then we have gone through 3 coaches and have taken a step back in every conceivable aspect. The last time I reached out you also told me to have faith and sent me articles on promising incoming freshman Keyshawn Woods and Torin Dorn. Both Mr. Woods and Mr. Dorn are no longer playing basketball at Charlotte and have joined the likes of Shawn Lester, Denzel Ingram, Marcus Bryan, Victor Nickerson, Darion Clark, Jamar Briscoe, KJ Sherrill, Quentin Jackson, and Lukas Bergang out the door and transferred to other schools. It is my opinion that the constant turnover is a direct correlation to the lack of vision and stability of this program.

We are currently in a 12 year drought from participating in the NCAA Tournament. I am not one of these students who came to Charlotte as a Chapel Hill, State, or Duke fan and paraded around campus in other school's colors. I am a Charlotte fan and Charlotte fan only. I do not take satisfaction in the success of other schools in North Carolina or around the country. If Charlotte does not make the tournament it is the equivalent to the Carolina Panthers not making the playoffs for me. This feeling has now been going on for 12 long years with what seems like no light at the end of the tunnel. We finished 243 in this year's RPI. Our star freshman we brought in last year lasted only one season and is already transferring out. We once again finished in the bottom half of a one bid league with a one man incoming recruiting class. Like I stated earlier, I believe it is only fair to provide answers and show that you actually respect and value your alumni.

I will never say Ms. Rose does not care about this program, but it is clear things have been trending downward for a long time. It no longer fair to just say she was instrumental in bringing football to Charlotte and gets a pass for a failing basketball program. It was not just Ms. Rose alone who brought football to Charlotte. It was the dedication of your alumni who started petitions and marched to bring football to Charlotte. It was also the alumni who committed thousands of dollars for seat licenses to help build the stadium. Yes, Ms. Rose was instrumental in bringing football but she was not alone. You told me to donate money and I did. I put my money where my mouth is and now I believe this time around I deserve answers.

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to hearing back.

cltniners

Reply #47 on: March 20, 2017, 01:10:32 pm
The last time this team even sniffed "success" was my freshman year (2007), when they lost first round in the NIT to Nebraska. I loosely use the word success because that is an extremely low bar to set. Since then we have gone through 3 coaches and have taken a step back in every conceivable aspect. The last time I reached out you also told me to have faith and sent me articles on promising incoming freshman Keyshawn Woods and Torin Dorn. Both Mr. Woods and Mr. Dorn are no longer playing basketball at Charlotte and have joined the likes of Shawn Lester, Denzel Ingram, Marcus Bryan, Victor Nickerson, Darion Clark, Jamar Briscoe, KJ Sherrill, Quentin Jackson, and Lukas Bergang out the door and transferred to other schools. It is my opinion that the constant turnover is a direct correlation to the lack of vision and stability of this program.

We are currently in a 12 year drought from participating in the NCAA Tournament. I am not one of these students who came to Charlotte as a Chapel Hill, State, or Duke fan and paraded around campus in other school's colors. I am a Charlotte fan and Charlotte fan only. I do not take satisfaction in the success of other schools in North Carolina or around the country. If Charlotte does not make the tournament it is the equivalent to the Carolina Panthers not making the playoffs for me. This feeling has now been going on for 12 long years with what seems like no light at the end of the tunnel. We finished 243 in this year's RPI. Our star freshman we brought in last year lasted only one season and is already transferring out. We once again finished in the bottom half of a one bid league with a one man incoming recruiting class. Like I stated earlier, I believe it is only fair to provide answers and show that you actually respect and value your alumni.

I will never say Ms. Rose does not care about this program, but it is clear things have been trending downward for a long time. It no longer fair to just say she was instrumental in bringing football to Charlotte and gets a pass for a failing basketball program. It was not just Ms. Rose alone who brought football to Charlotte. It was the dedication of your alumni who started petitions and marched to bring football to Charlotte. It was also the alumni who committed thousands of dollars for seat licenses to help build the stadium. Yes, Ms. Rose was instrumental in bringing football but she was not alone. You told me to donate money and I did. I put my money where my mouth is and now I believe this time around I deserve answers.

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to hearing back.

clt says you didnt mention beans leaving. that is reason our bball program is failing.

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #48 on: March 20, 2017, 01:21:09 pm

She did not share those factors, but I am willing to bet that they are not rocking the boat, not challenging her and not demanding anything.  We know Bobby did those things and we know Major did not.

People in the real world get fired when they fail to achieve basic, common sense objectives.

NinerWupAss

• Gulag
  • Chancellor
Reply #49 on: March 20, 2017, 01:28:44 pm

People in the real world get fired when they fail to achieve basic, common sense objectives.

Yup - why i thought it was an interesting response.
Mahna Mahna

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos