Author Topic: Jailan Haslem - 2017 C - signed LOI to Charlotte  (Read 4101 times)

elvis

• Walk On
Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 09:44:17 pm

it's not hard Jailan, pls all I ask of him is 10 rebounds a game and 70% from FT line.  This team clicked when big Joe was here, well as much as you can click in CUSA

just plant in the lane, you will get your pts, quick outlets from rebounder changes this team

elvisout

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #26 on: April 11, 2017, 10:33:49 pm
Great News!!!
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #27 on: April 11, 2017, 11:29:49 pm
This is the big that they've wanted all along from what I've seen and heard.  Hopefully that means he's a baller, but anyways it's good that they were able to reel in the JuCo big that they wanted.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

Ben H

• Senior
Reply #28 on: April 12, 2017, 07:59:05 am
Welcome to Charlotte Jailan!

This is the news we were waiting for.
Ben H

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #29 on: April 12, 2017, 08:26:49 am
Hoping he does really well and can convince a few more bigs that Price isn't just a small ball coach.

SteauA

• Senior
Reply #30 on: April 12, 2017, 08:40:34 am
Welcome Jailan!

J Fleet

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • Here, hold my beer. But not you, Julio.
    • Niner Fans United
Reply #31 on: April 12, 2017, 09:05:13 am
I hope this doesn't keep a better big man from committing........
Awfully wary if this guy.    Not trying to be negative.....just sayin......
Literally the first post about this guy after he committed. We deserve all the misery we get.

Welcome to Charlotte, Jailan!
This signature is small because I'm not a jerk.

Fire Scotty!!!

ninerJ

• Walk On
Reply #32 on: April 12, 2017, 10:39:00 am
Literally the first post about this guy after he committed. We deserve all the misery we get.

6'10" does not make a basketball player.
I hope I'm wrong and if I am have the PA announcer call me out at the end of the season.
But I don't think the guy can get up and down the court, much less guard.
Benas, Bergang, Washington......if all it took is height, be would have been dancing.

rivalspatobrien

• Freshman
Reply #33 on: April 12, 2017, 11:15:40 am
610 Jailian Haslem Talks Commitment to #Charlotte49ers
https://charlotte.rivals.com/news/6-10-jailian-haslem-talks-commitment

NewNiner

• Senior
Reply #34 on: April 12, 2017, 11:50:08 am
610 Jailian Haslem Talks Commitment to #Charlotte49ers
https://charlotte.rivals.com/news/6-10-jailian-haslem-talks-commitment

Thanks, Pat.  I love this "especially in our head coach Mark Price" because it means he's already thinking of himself as a Niner.
Hail Charlotte 49ers and Hark Upon the Gale!

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
Reply #35 on: April 12, 2017, 12:27:44 pm
Awesome article
All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #36 on: April 12, 2017, 01:59:18 pm
It's hard to tell his tyle from what little video is available, but I love that he expects to be a traditional big man.  Back to the basket, banging for boards, hustling up and down the floor, as opposed to all the finesse bigs we've had lately.

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #37 on: April 12, 2017, 03:23:36 pm

I hope I'm wrong and if I am have the PA announcer call me out at the end of the season.
Benas, Bergang, Washington......if all it took is height, be would have been dancing.

Bashing the kid before he steps foot on campus, nice.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 03:30:00 pm by JB »
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #38 on: April 12, 2017, 03:31:45 pm
So only positive opinions are welcomed?

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #39 on: April 12, 2017, 03:37:40 pm
Can you summon a positive opinion for Charlotte athletics?

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #40 on: April 12, 2017, 03:54:04 pm
I'll take that as yes. The poster watched some video and didn't like what he saw. I see nothing wrong with him posting that. The poster said he wants to be proven wrong and hopes he is. Also said a fact that 6'10 doesn't meant anything which is also true.

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #41 on: April 12, 2017, 04:01:10 pm
I'll take that as yes. The poster watched some video and didn't like what he saw. I see nothing wrong with him posting that. The poster said he wants to be proven wrong and hopes he is. Also said a fact that 6'10 doesn't meant anything which is also true.
I said nothing about his opinion being unwelcome, I just made an observation of his behavior.  Hate it for you if that hit home as the resident curmudgeon.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #42 on: April 12, 2017, 04:07:36 pm
I said nothing about his opinion being unwelcome, I just made an observation of his behavior.  Hate it for you if that hit home as the resident curmudgeon.
Haha. Yep.

mightymitchfan

• Junior
Reply #43 on: April 12, 2017, 04:49:17 pm

A big that we desperately need committed to us the day before signing day and the first reply is negative towards him. At least save negative comments until the ink is dry on the NLI.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #44 on: April 12, 2017, 08:01:44 pm
Guy is a stud.

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #45 on: April 12, 2017, 08:10:44 pm

Bashing the kid before he steps foot on campus, nice.

It's one of the things this fan base does best and I have no idea why. 

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #46 on: April 12, 2017, 08:24:36 pm
"A big that we desperately need committed to us the day before signing day and the first reply is negative towards him. At least save negative comments until the ink is dry on the NLI."

nah.  we're doing great.  just keep up what we've been doing here.  we'll be fine.   the recruits who come here to read about themselves are used to social media, blahblah.
bs. 
seriously.  i wonder how many potential recruits have come on nn.n early in the process and seen how we trash coaches, current players, recruits.  hell, the whole athletic department, not to mention the athletic director herself.   great recruiting assist i'm sure.
but....these kids (many of them "prima donnas" who know little other than how great they are) drop in here.  make no mistake about it.   
our negativity is overwhelming.  winning will surely help, but some brightening of attitude here could become a factor too.
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #47 on: April 12, 2017, 09:58:56 pm
also, when can jailan enroll?   if he still wants to come?   :'(
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

NinerNirvana

• Sophomore
Reply #48 on: April 12, 2017, 10:03:43 pm
also, when can jailan enroll?   if he still wants to come?   :'(
Players often enroll in summer sessions.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #49 on: April 12, 2017, 10:10:29 pm
"A big that we desperately need committed to us the day before signing day and the first reply is negative towards him. At least save negative comments until the ink is dry on the NLI."

nah.  we're doing great.  just keep up what we've been doing here.  we'll be fine.   the recruits who come here to read about themselves are used to social media, blahblah.
bs. 
seriously.  i wonder how many potential recruits have come on nn.n early in the process and seen how we trash coaches, current players, recruits.  hell, the whole athletic department, not to mention the athletic director herself.   great recruiting assist i'm sure.
but....these kids (many of them "prima donnas" who know little other than how great they are) drop in here.  make no mistake about it.   
our negativity is overwhelming.  winning will surely help, but some brightening of attitude here could become a factor too.
Metro tweeted directly at a recruit and he didn't change mind. If you suck as a coach you should be called out on it. Very simple.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos