Recent

Author Topic: Keyshawn Woods - North Carolina Gatorade Player of the Year  (Read 4282 times)

upperdeck and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline bballtazzmania

• Walk On
Re: Keyshawn Woods - North Carolina Gatorade Player of the Year
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2014, 08:51:28 am »
Oak Hill was definitely keeping the ball out of Keyshawn's hands and that upset his rythym.  When he did get looks, he rushed his shots. They finally started falling in the second half but in the last 3 minutes when they were down by 8-10, everyone was playing out of control.

Steve Smith scouted Demery well and knew he was a 50% FT shooter all year.  JD makes a living by getting the ball at the elbow or on the baseline and creating acrobatic drives to the hoop.  Tonight, he was going up against 6-9 and 6-10 all night and they made him earn 10 points the hard way.

How did you like that NCA defense tonight? Could be our's if AM would pull the string.

i loved the way dinkins coached defense. everybody hustles and is in position, swipes at the ball. bring him here as as assistant now.

Agree MajorOliver needs to get rid of the OLIVER  now !!!!!!  Dinkins would be a huge upgrade and a step in the right direction.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 09:05:47 am by bballtazzmania »

Offline CharSFNiners

• Head Coach
  • GTG OG
    • Green Tinted Glasses
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2014, 09:13:38 am »
Oak Hill was definitely keeping the ball out of Keyshawn's hands and that upset his rythym.  When he did get looks, he rushed his shots. They finally started falling in the second half but in the last 3 minutes when they were down by 8-10, everyone was playing out of control.

Steve Smith scouted Demery well and knew he was a 50% FT shooter all year.  JD makes a living by getting the ball at the elbow or on the baseline and creating acrobatic drives to the hoop.  Tonight, he was going up against 6-9 and 6-10 all night and they made him earn 10 points the hard way.

How did you like that NCA defense tonight? Could be our's if AM would pull the string.

i loved the way dinkins coached defense. everybody hustles and is in position, swipes at the ball. bring him here as as assistant now.

Agree MajorOliver needs to get rid of the OLIVER  now !!!!!!  Dinkins would be a huge upgrade and a step in the right direction.

Would you call him MajorDinkins then?

Offline hootie

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2014, 09:48:52 am »

Do you not realize you sound like a 5th grader when you continue to use these idiotic "nicknames"?  Give it a friggin' rest and you might, doubtful given your agenda, but you might get some of your points taken seriously.

Give it a rest, your posts read as would a petulant childs.
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

Online upperdeck

• Sophomore
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2014, 10:09:51 am »

Do you not realize you sound like a 5th grader when you continue to use these idiotic "nicknames"?  Give it a friggin' rest and you might, doubtful given your agenda, but you might get some of your points taken seriously.

Just in case...

pet·u·lant
: having or showing the attitude of people who become angry and annoyed when they do not get what they want

Offline NewNiner

• Junior
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2014, 10:10:35 am »

Give it a rest, your posts read as would a petulant child's.

Just in case...

pet·u·lant
: having or showing the attitude of people who become angry and annoyed when they do not get what they want

:))
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must be first overcome. - Samuel Johnson

Offline hootie

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2014, 10:21:12 am »

Just in case...

pet·u·lant

For the record, I'm not angry or annoyed and I really don't want for anything...

Offline NewNiner

• Junior
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2014, 10:24:48 am »

Just in case...

pet·u·lant

For the record, I'm not angry or annoyed and I really don't want for anything...

I could be wrong, but I think he was putting it there for tazz.
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must be first overcome. - Samuel Johnson

Offline VA49er

• Head Coach
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2014, 10:35:05 am »
I watched the game also.Understanding that it was one game against a very good team that had a big height advantage...I wasn't very impressed.I think he was about 3-15 from the field with a couple of airballs.Didn't strike me as much of a defensive player either.Had a few turnovers.

Not gonna draw too much from one game...but he sure didn't look like someone who's going to come in and make a big impact in year one.
Dang

Yep, we like to tear them down eve BEFORE they get here. 

Offline NormsNinerNation

• Walk On
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2014, 11:06:06 am »
Yeah he's a bust for sure
#NINERNATION

Offline hootie

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2014, 11:36:19 am »
I watched the game and he didn't have a great game but I thought he looked ok.  Appeared to have a pretty good BBall IQ.  Handled the ball pretty good and has the proper size for the position he plays.

Not a good night shooting but looks to have a pretty good stroke.  A lot of the misses he had were forced shots.  About 4 were late in the game when they were trying to come back.

He looked like he wants to play D which is a really good sign and plays with a lot of effort.  Biggest plus is he looks to have a big upside which is why you recruit kids- not what they are at 18 but they can become in a couple of years.

Offline lucky57

• Junior
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2014, 11:17:53 pm »
I watched the game also.Understanding that it was one game against a very good team that had a big height advantage...I wasn't very impressed.I think he was about 3-15 from the field with a couple of airballs.Didn't strike me as much of a defensive player either.Had a few turnovers.

Not gonna draw too much from one game...but he sure didn't look like someone who's going to come in and make a big impact in year one.
Dang

Yep, we like to tear them down eve BEFORE they get here.
H Here we go...giving an opinion framed by saying it was just one game against a very good team is..."Tearing them down"   Sorry,let me rephrase it..."He looked like the 2nd coming of Lebron"..OK,that better.

Offline Ruckus42

• Junior
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2014, 09:23:23 am »
In several of the recruiting profiles, Dorn is actually ranked ahead of Woods. There may be a chance that he is more of a contributor next season than Woods. Hard to say at this point. Hopefully they can help out some.

Gabe Devoe was the only unanimous selection for All-State. He is a kid that we missed out on. I've seen him play several times and he is a tremendous athlete that has serious range.
Always Bringin Da Ruckus!!

Offline NinerAdvocate

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2014, 02:21:33 pm »
Finally saw the game on DVR. Really like Woods size and composure. Can see him at the 2 or 3. He is very athletic though I am not sure about his explosiveness. I suspect he and Dorn are similar style players... big , long athletic wings.

Most exciting part of adding him and Dorn and Sulli is that we will have the bodies to get after teams on defense. I hope we do it.

Offline hootie

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2014, 12:20:02 am »
Finally saw the game on DVR. Really like Woods size and composure. Can see him at the 2 or 3. He is very athletic though I am not sure about his explosiveness. I suspect he and Dorn are similar style players... big , long athletic wings.

Most exciting part of adding him and Dorn and Sulli is that we will have the bodies to get after teams on defense. I hope we do it.
And Og

Offline Iron9er

• Senior Captain
« Reply #64 on: Today at 12:37:06 am »
Observer's all Meck Player of the Year.  Also, Torin Dorn is All Meck first team.  Congrats to both!

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/04/18/4851173/all-meck-players-of-the-year-keyshawn.html
"Congrats. You guys beat our ass last night and it was a pretty pathetic performance on the glass and downlow." - StillJonesing - December 2, 2012.

Offline jfickett

• Senior
  • Charlotte 49ers Football - A new chance for glory.
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #65 on: Today at 09:26:27 am »
Observer's all Meck Player of the Year.  Also, Torin Dorn is All Meck first team.  Congrats to both!

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/04/18/4851173/all-meck-players-of-the-year-keyshawn.html

Dink coach of the year as well
N1NER 2/16/14:  Niner Basketball - Where you would rather go furniture shopping with the wife, instead of getting excited about the game.

52 Guests, 9 Users