Recent

Author Topic: NCAA Investigation of UNC-CH  (Read 41286 times)

Offline UNCCTF

• Assistant Coach
Re: NCAA Investigation of UNC-CH
« Reply #425 on: September 27, 2011, 11:36:39 am »
Alex, I hope you know I was only joking with you about that ugly tarhole blue color (even though I can understand if you did happen to be "persuaded" to pull for them.

And I am glad you still have a sense of humor.
Haha, no worries, it's all in fun.  I have one UNC shirt; it's gray, has a TINY "NC" logo on it, and is actually a shirt for the Marching Tar Heels, of which my fiancee is a former member.  I wear it MAYBE 4-5 times a year.  If I pull for UNC, it's because I don't want Jess to be in a cranky mood for the rest of the weekend.  If the woman ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. haha

Offline stonecoldken

• Chancellor
« Reply #426 on: September 27, 2011, 04:08:47 pm »
Lew, I didn't say I cared that Cam cheated, I just said he did.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Hope Solo, Jewel, SE Cupp, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

Offline Niner National

• Head Coach
« Reply #427 on: September 27, 2011, 04:58:15 pm »
Lets assume Cam knew everything about the pay for play scheme....that's not cheating. Cheating is giving yourself a competitive advantage. Money doesn't make Cam a better football player. The school/boosters cheated by paying his family for him to attend Auburn, but Cam did not cheat.

Offline EE9er

• Senior Captain
« Reply #428 on: September 28, 2011, 01:01:02 am »
Tell that to Reggie Bush.
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO.  Part of a coaches job is managing a roster and player egos.  The fact that there were transfers, while not his fault, are part of the game and should not be an excuse for under-performing this year. "
NWA - 5/8/13

Offline hootie

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #429 on: September 28, 2011, 09:44:32 am »
Lets assume Cam knew everything about the pay for play scheme....that's not cheating. Cheating is giving yourself a competitive advantage. Money doesn't make Cam a better football player. The school/boosters cheated by paying his family for him to attend Auburn, but Cam did not cheat.
BS- the rule book actually reads that the family and the kid are as one.  NCAA made an incredible stretch to keep Auburn in the drvers seat for the BCS title game.  No way they were letting TCU or Boise St in the title game.  They also knew Oregon was dirty.
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

Offline 49r9r

• Senior Captain
« Reply #430 on: October 09, 2011, 12:44:49 pm »
Someone at the Wake game yesterday told me the NCAA has already announced the punishment and it is nothing but a slap on the hand.  He said the NCAA agreed with their "suggested self punishment".  Is there something I missed, because I do not remember a response by the NCAA to the suggested self imposed punishment.

Offline UNCCTF

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #431 on: October 09, 2011, 01:22:38 pm »
Someone at the Wake game yesterday told me the NCAA has already announced the punishment and it is nothing but a slap on the hand.  He said the NCAA agreed with their "suggested self punishment".  Is there something I missed, because I do not remember a response by the NCAA to the suggested self imposed punishment.
They don't even go before the Committee on Infractions until the end of this month. "Someone at the Wake game" is full of crap.

Offline Roasty

• MemberPF
  • Sophomore
  • DERP!
    • http://www.charlotte49erfootball.com
« Reply #432 on: October 15, 2011, 12:50:11 pm »
I don't know if this has been posted yet -

NCAA Hiding UNC Secrets From Law Enforcement
In a move that may speed up a formal Federal Government inquiry into the anti-trust exemption enjoyed by numerous, prominent college football schools, today the State of North Carolina sought an order from a Wake County (NC) Superior Court judge to force the NCAA to turn over unreleased evidence that it used in the investigation of the University of North Carolina football program. ...

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/ncaa-hiding-unc-secrets-from-law-enforcement-29875

Offline stonecoldken

• Chancellor
« Reply #433 on: October 19, 2011, 07:28:38 pm »
The O wants you to know that a CH girl B-Ball player is out for pregnancy.  You know because no one at any other school has ever reproduced before.

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Offline Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
« Reply #434 on: October 19, 2011, 08:08:18 pm »
The O wants you to know that a CH girl B-Ball player is out for pregnancy.  You know because no one at any other school has ever reproduced before.

I bet it was a duke fan, ultimate sabotage!!!
“All that is best in the great poets of all countries is not what is national in them, but what is universal”

Offline 4ever niner

• Senior
« Reply #435 on: October 19, 2011, 08:52:02 pm »
  Um, yea. I don't know if that article was intended as a compliment. Kind of makes me think she should be introduced to the concept of birth control. Of course, the writer does imply that the player will be welcomed back to the Tar Hole "family" because, you know, they all love each other over there. The fact that she is 6' 6" has nothing to do with it, I'm certain.

Offline 49r9r

• Senior Captain
« Reply #436 on: October 19, 2011, 09:11:14 pm »
So they write an article about a female basketball player in chapel hill getting pregnant, but they still refuse to acknowledge the LOCAL SCHOOL's NINTH RANKED SOCCER TEAM? 

Ok, I apologize.  Back on topic now.

Offline Niner89

• Senior Captain
« Reply #437 on: October 20, 2011, 11:03:06 am »
So they write an article about a female basketball player in chapel hill getting pregnant, but they still refuse to acknowledge the LOCAL SCHOOL's NINTH RANKED SOCCER TEAM? 

Ok, I apologize.  Back on topic now.

No apologies needed. Besides, 4 Ever Niner you are also another troublemaker. ;D
I told him to call 911 . . . because the house is . . . on FIRE.

Offline stonecoldken

• Chancellor
« Reply #438 on: October 20, 2011, 03:29:34 pm »
49r9r, no one on our men's soccer team knocked anyone up, so there is nothing for the O to cover.   :))

Offline 4ever niner

• Senior
« Reply #439 on: October 20, 2011, 03:40:36 pm »
49r9r, no one on our men's soccer team knocked anyone up, so there is nothing for the O to cover.   :))
  Oh, I wouldn't go that far, Kenny.  Ever hear the word "GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAL!"?

Offline Niner89

• Senior Captain
« Reply #440 on: October 20, 2011, 09:28:12 pm »
  Oh, I wouldn't go that far, Kenny.  Ever hear the word "GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAL!"?

But, some time there is such a thing as an "offside" call will wipe that "GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAl" away, too. This rule was created to prevent offensive players from "cherry picking" near the . . . . . opponents' goal.  ;D
I told him to call 911 . . . because the house is . . . on FIRE.

Offline stonecoldken

• Chancellor
« Reply #441 on: October 21, 2011, 01:06:51 pm »
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/10/21/2709657/unc-official-no-ncaa-documents.html

Kind of hard to find on the O's site since we're #1 on their page when CH is in the wrong.

Where I work we record all phone calls.  Apparently the state lets you call to avoid records.

The UNC-CH Chancellor & the NC Dept. of Justice both act like nothing is wrong.  I say the NC Sec. of State needs to jail some people.  How can you tell the Assoc. AD for Comp. to NOT make a record?

Offline 4ever niner

• Senior
« Reply #442 on: October 21, 2011, 04:10:00 pm »
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/10/21/2709657/unc-official-no-ncaa-documents.html

Kind of hard to find on the O's site since we're #1 on their page when CH is in the wrong.

Where I work we record all phone calls.  Apparently the state lets you call to avoid records.

The UNC-CH Chancellor & the NC Dept. of Justice both act like nothing is wrong.  I say the NC Sec. of State needs to jail some people.  How can you tell the Assoc. AD for Comp. to NOT make a record?
When you spend decades promoting the lie that Tar Heels can do wrong, you'll do most anything preventing the truth from getting out. There is a reason for that old saying that the truth will out. It will.

Offline stonecoldken

• Chancellor
« Reply #443 on: November 03, 2011, 02:15:20 pm »
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/11/02/2743359/uncs-withers-questions-wolfpacks.html

:)) :)) :)) :))

If I was an Interim Coach at a school busted for Academic Fraud, I'd keep my mouth shut about another school's academics.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 02:18:14 pm by stonecoldken »

Offline NinerWupAss

• Chancellor
  • Normbulance Owner
    • Normbulance
« Reply #444 on: November 03, 2011, 02:23:43 pm »
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/11/02/2743359/uncs-withers-questions-wolfpacks.html

If I was an Interim Coach at a school busted for Academic Fraud, I'd keep my mouth shut about another school's academics.

“At our school, A number one, all classes have a syllabus,” O’Brien said. “Our guys go to school. They’re not given grades, and they graduate. It’s a little tougher here, if you have to go to school and you’re expected to have a syllabus and go to class. So I think all our guys earn everything they get here. Certainly our graduates earn everything at this university.”

Read more: http://obsfifty.blogspot.com/2011/11/obrien-responds-angrily-to-withers.html#ixzz1cfTHH0LK

LOL That is great....
6/9/12: Wooooookkk Dixies fuckin rocks with cpipi and hooner teprestin niner nsation suck it aspp@!!@!@

(10:12:15) stonecoldken: My Thanksgivin​g wish, is that every single guy on this board find a Thanksgivin​g whore to wear out.

Offline Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
« Reply #445 on: November 03, 2011, 02:23:56 pm »

http://obsfifty.blogspot.com/2011/11/obrien-responds-angrily-to-withers.html

O’Brien responded by referring to UNC officials’ trip to Indianapolis last Friday to appear in front of the Committee on Infractions to answer charges of nine major violations in an ongoing NCAA investigation of impermissible benefits and academic fraud

“Here is a guy that’s on a football staff that ends up in Indianapolis,” O’Brien said at his regularly scheduled post-practice media availability. “. . .If you take three things that you can’t do in college football, you have an agent on your staff. You’re paying your players. And you have academic fraud. That’s a triple play as far as the NCAA goes. So I don’t know that he has anything to talk about or they have anything to talk about. If that’s what people want in their flagship university in North Carolina, then so be it.”

“At our school, A number one, all classes have a syllabus,” O’Brien said. “Our guys go to school. They’re not given grades, and they graduate. It’s a little tougher here, if you have to go to school and you’re expected to have a syllabus and go to class. So I think all our guys earn everything they get here. Certainly our graduates earn everything at this university.”

Offline stonecoldken

• Chancellor
« Reply #446 on: November 03, 2011, 03:28:00 pm »
Funny comments:

Flagship term isn't used by UNC system, only UNC-CH fans. Maybe flagship means something different in Swahili. I hope there aren't any sales at Wal-Mart this Saturday, Withers might not show up for the game.

this is like mexico going to war with ecuador. irrelevant

Dear Coach Withers: FYI: It was an NC State student who caught the plagiarism that the UNC Honor Court (oxymoron?) missed!

You know what's funny. NC State is considered the "redneck" University, but UNC has by far more redneck fans. Fans who couldn't even get into UNC Pembroke if their lives depended on it. So I just find it funny when UNC fans get into academic arguments with State fans because chances are they didn't and couldn't get in if their lives depended on it.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 03:29:34 pm by stonecoldken »

Offline stonecoldken

• Chancellor
« Reply #447 on: November 03, 2011, 03:29:07 pm »
They say not to run it up.

But If I'm State, & I'm up 80-0 with 4th & goal at the 1/2 yd. line & :01 left, I'm going for the TD.  & then for the 2-pointer.

Offline 49r9r

• Senior Captain
« Reply #448 on: November 05, 2011, 09:24:46 am »
This is the perfect time for State to start turning their season around.  Just imagine them defeating an "elite" program like UNC-chapel hill ("elite" is the term someone from the O once used when pimping for a raise for Butch Davis).

Offline 49r9r

• Senior Captain
« Reply #449 on: November 05, 2011, 06:20:20 pm »
Syllabus 13

Tutors 0

37 Guests, 1 User