Recent

Author Topic: Conference Realignment  (Read 129881 times)

Offline NinerWupAss

• Chancellor
  • Normbulance Owner
    • Normbulance
Re: Conference Realignment
« Reply #1200 on: February 22, 2012, 02:34:46 pm »
Damn NinerCentral... I had heard NWA's recent one but dear lord that takes the cake.  Pretty sure most other schools have you pay a fee for the spot and you post up and that's pretty much it.  These people are trying way too hard and are going to turn this whole thing into a clusterfuck.

Yeah thats the issue when they decide to charge for spots they only communicate with student groups, no one else.  Which was a big part of my complaint.  They were selling 4 spaces for $15.  I would been happy to pay that or $20 or whatever, but never got the chance and because I am an alum not even considered in the process.

That's fine if the student associations want a set number of spaces, but they don't need to be taking whole lots or splitting the fan base up between students or alums.  They need to mix them.

Yeah I mentioned that too - I said you WANT us mixing.  Not sure they understood that.  It didn't help that only a 1/3 of the lot was being used.  Plenty of people, but most of the lot ended up being open, even though they denied people entry because of preregistration.
6/9/12: Wooooookkk Dixies fuckin rocks with cpipi and hooner teprestin niner nsation suck it aspp@!!@!@

(10:12:15) stonecoldken: My Thanksgivin​g wish, is that every single guy on this board find a Thanksgivin​g whore to wear out.

Online Niner National

• Head Coach

Offline stonecoldken

• Chancellor
« Reply #1202 on: February 22, 2012, 03:29:53 pm »
Why do y'all want the Admin. to do things correctly?  People that are f*cked up make you feel better about your own problems.   :p
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Hope Solo, Jewel, SE Cupp, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

Offline itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
« Reply #1203 on: February 22, 2012, 04:35:38 pm »
Because sck, the rest of us don't have that many problems.

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

Experience it. Enjoy it. Just don't fall for it.

Offline stonecoldken

• Chancellor
« Reply #1204 on: February 22, 2012, 04:40:46 pm »
Okay, maybe those other than you & I don't have problems.  I've heard tales of your problems, & you make me seem popular.   :p

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Offline 49r9r

• Senior Captain
« Reply #1205 on: February 22, 2012, 05:58:22 pm »
Those tailgating experiences NinerCentral went through ar inexcusable.  I felt the same way years ago when they would not let me take a cooler of beer into the Mine Shaft for a game.  They did let me carry the open beer I was drinking and another one into the game though.  Times have surely changed.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:00:09 pm by 49r9r »

Offline 49RFootballNow

• Athletic Director
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
« Reply #1206 on: February 22, 2012, 08:41:43 pm »

Offline T-Dog

• Walk On
  • It's Whatever
« Reply #1207 on: February 22, 2012, 11:30:28 pm »
Southern Conference does not want us because we are a large public university.

That and they won't take a football-only member.

We will know conference home by July 1
 We could be in the CAA, the CUSA/MWC Merger looks good too.
 He said he isn't worried about conference afiliation so we shouldn't be either, said that Judy's and Phil's vision on this matter are strong.

If it's up to Judy Rose, then you're in trouble.

Have Green Helmets and White Helmets mocked up - no decision yet.

Go with both. Recruits love that stuff.

Said he sat in a few tailgating committee meetings and just chuckled at how they are trying to organize everything.  He said he told them just let people have fun.

Screwing up a good tailgate environment would be a blunder of the highest magnitude. Delaware found that out this season.
ASU is in the same media market as Charlotte.

Offline ninerID

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
« Reply #1208 on: February 23, 2012, 07:22:49 am »
"our idiot fans" - Bobby Lutz 2/10/08

Offline Mr. Bojangles

• Head Coach
« Reply #1209 on: February 23, 2012, 07:41:54 am »
georgia state looking into FBS:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/21/georgia-state-says-its-looking-into-fbs-status/

Well, we are way ahead of GSU then.  Our Feasibility Study recommended that we go FBS 5 years ago.

Offline X-49er

• Head Coach
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
« Reply #1210 on: February 23, 2012, 07:58:57 am »
Quote from: NinerWupAss
  • And the last thing - and this might shock people given how our AD works - He said they want to be all inclusive, the more people involved the better.  He said it is not about excluding anyone.
  • [/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l]
I love the way Coach is thinking from reading your comments, NWA.  This last one stood out though, and this decision was made long before Coach was was hired, but the FSL process itself has excluded a huge number of people from football at Charlotte on the front end.  Hopefully, these alums/fans will be able to get season tickets down the road when the stadium expansion occurs, but I know some that did not even bother because of the enormous expense involved to acquire enough FSL's so that their families could attend.  I know we had to have a stadium some way, somehow, but people have been excluded and will continue to be as long as it takes buying an FSL in order to be able to make sure you can get a ticket.

On to the tailgating conversations.  It's not looking good on that front.  Hopefully they'll give us someone to talk to PRIOR to the spring game next year so that the alums can give some feedback on this.  We need a good representative from Alumni Affairs to lead this.  If Niner Alumnus was still in his former position at the U, he would kick this problem in the nads and get it right before the first home game.  We need a person like Niner Alumnus to head this up.  For me, I just want a place where I can spread out a little, grill or use a meat smoker if I want, and have a place to chuck a football with the kids.  I don't mind walking a ways either.  Hopefully they can get this right, but from reading Central's and NWA's tailgating hell stories from the recent past, it doesn't look rosey.

[/list]
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:58:35 am by X-49er »
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

Offline ninerID

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
« Reply #1211 on: February 23, 2012, 08:59:40 am »
  • And the last thing - and this might shock people given how our AD works - He said they want to be all inclusive, the more people involved the better.  He said it is not about excluding anyone.

I love the way Coach is thinking from reading your comments, NWA.  This last one stood out though, and this decision was made long before Coach was was hired, but the FSL process itself has excluded a huge number of people from football at Charlotte on the front end.  Hopefully, these alums/fans will be able to get season tickets down the road when the stadium expansion occurs, but I know some that did not even bother because of the enormous expense involved to acquire enough FSL's so that their families could attend.  I know we had to have a stadium some way, somehow, but people have been excluded and will continue to be as long as it takes buying an FSL in order to be able to make sure you can get a ticket.

On to the tailgating conversations.  It's not looking good on that front.  Hopefully they'll give us someone to talk to PRIOR to the spring game next year so that the alums can give some feedback on this.  We need a good representative from Alumni Affairs to lead this.  If Niner Alumnus was still in his former position at the U, he would kick this problem in the nads and get it right before the first home game.  We need a person like Niner Alumnus to head this up.  For me, I just want a place where I can spread out a little, grill or us a meat smoker if I want, and have a place to chuck a football with the kids.  I don't mind walking a ways either.  Hopefully they can get this right, but from reading Central's and NWA's tailgating hell stories from the recent past, it doesn't look rosey.

Would original members of CFI on a football subcommittee please raise your hand?

(keeps hands down, looks around and sees no other hands raised)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:01:24 am by ninerID »

Offline NinerWupAss

• Chancellor
  • Normbulance Owner
    • Normbulance
« Reply #1212 on: February 23, 2012, 09:29:41 am »

On to the tailgating conversations.  It's not looking good on that front.  Hopefully they'll give us someone to talk to PRIOR to the spring game next year so that the alums can give some feedback on this.  We need a good representative from Alumni Affairs to lead this.  If Niner Alumnus was still in his former position at the U, he would kick this problem in the nads and get it right before the first home game.  We need a person like Niner Alumnus to head this up.  For me, I just want a place where I can spread out a little, grill or us a meat smoker if I want, and have a place to chuck a football with the kids.  I don't mind walking a ways either.  Hopefully they can get this right, but from reading Central's and NWA's tailgating hell stories from the recent past, it doesn't look rosey.

Would original members of CFI on a football subcommittee please raise your hand?

(keeps hands down, looks around and sees no other hands raised)

Yeah pretty much garbage that none of us were asked to participate in any of this.  Of course I think we know that the AD looks at us more like trouble makers than supporters.

As for coach and including everyone - he knows how things need to work.  If he had been around for the FSL thing maybe he would have had other ideas.  I wasn't a huge fan of the FSL thing either, but money had to come from somewhere.  As long as we still sell season tickets in the temp seating or soemthing we are good.  I know some FSL holder will be pissed about that, but I knew the reason I was getting an FSL and it wasn't to be sure of tickets (all though that is a bonus).  I bought them to help build a stadium.  The one thing I will say is I thought that FSL holder might be given some perks - but thus far all I have to show for it is a lighter wallet.  So in that regard no one has been left out of anything ... yet.
6/9/12: Wooooookkk Dixies fuckin rocks with cpipi and hooner teprestin niner nsation suck it aspp@!!@!@

(10:12:15) stonecoldken: My Thanksgivin​g wish, is that every single guy on this board find a Thanksgivin​g whore to wear out.

Offline 49erAlumnus

• Senior
  • Jobu will come. Take fear from bats.
« Reply #1213 on: February 23, 2012, 11:32:19 am »
For once I hope the university will be able to get out of its own way for this. Seriously, a simple set of 10 or 12 rules, and then assign specific lots, and have overflow lots where random people with no reservations can go. Also, have maps ready to hand out to community people, so they can find their way around. Why we need committees to decide all that is beyond me...

Sorry - enough with the ranting... Just makes me angry, and every year they still get it wrong...

I used to have frustrating days like those. They were called "weekdays".
Bureaucracy can ruin anything. That and the insitution's poor view of alumni in general.
The Rich - Section 103
Halton - Section 103
The Hayes - Section 105

Offline The_Brown_Samurai

• Chancellor
« Reply #1214 on: February 23, 2012, 11:39:57 am »
I'm glad we have someone telling them not to screw up tailgating. They are really HORRIBLE at the U about this. I've had two awful homecoming tailgating experiences. And one that would have been, but they told me before I couldn't even tailgate, so I didn't bother to go.

Rules should be simple - assign parking based on some sort of priority or payment, and nothing stupid - make a list of like 12 rules like no liqour louges and stuff like that. This is not freaking rocket science...

Also, I'D MUCH rather walk from the lots near UT than tailgate in a deck where I can't have a grill. Hopefully Lambert keeps em in shape.

I agree 100%.  I hope really hope they don't get too uptight.

I have been pretty amazed at how easily we have tailgated for much of the year.  The obvious concerning thing is the one day where the school decided to organize a tailgate is the day that it went to crap.  I emailed the Student Affairs folks and voiced my concern and displeasure, but in a very respectful way, at how it went - never heard a word back from them.

I'll try to tell this story as briefly as possible...

Seriously... if they can't get this s*** figured out, football is not going to be what they are hoping. Football is good because of the social aspect involved, the bonding, the partying, every bit as much as the games itself. If they make it a burden to go and tailgate, or allow campus police to do sting operations on students (I have another story for this one re: Halton for another day) they will manage to screw up football as well.

Wow... just wow...

My heart was pounding and I could feel the frustration and anger after reading this. I don't usually get riled up reading anything on this message board... but wow...
I know I probably just officially ruffled some feathers

Offline HP49er

• Chancellor
« Reply #1215 on: February 23, 2012, 01:07:16 pm »
Of course I think we know that the AD looks at us more like trouble makers than supporters.
You and 49erAlumnus ruined a good thing.  :P

By the way WupAss, I'm still waiting patiently <sarcasm> for a response from that March 2, 2011 give-and-take.
WDKWWDK

Offline Roasty

• MemberPF
  • Sophomore
  • DERP!
    • http://www.charlotte49erfootball.com
« Reply #1216 on: February 23, 2012, 01:29:52 pm »
<snip!>
Bureaucracy can ruin anything. That and the insitution's poor view of alumni in general.

Or is the the institution's view of poor alumni that is the problem?

Offline 49erAlumnus

• Senior
  • Jobu will come. Take fear from bats.
« Reply #1217 on: February 23, 2012, 02:10:09 pm »
<snip!>

Or is the the institution's view of poor alumni that is the problem?

They're not much on the middle class either.
The Rich - Section 103
Halton - Section 103
The Hayes - Section 105

Offline stonecoldken

• Chancellor
« Reply #1218 on: February 23, 2012, 02:37:03 pm »
I was a Single in the Baseball Club last year, & bought 2 memberships for Jr. 49ers for my niece & nephew.  I wonder what happened to the renewal notice because I forgot to renew, & no one sent me anything?  Maybe the Admin. doesn't want renewals.

Offline NinerWupAss

• Chancellor
  • Normbulance Owner
    • Normbulance
« Reply #1219 on: February 23, 2012, 02:57:21 pm »
Of course I think we know that the AD looks at us more like trouble makers than supporters.
You and 49erAlumnus ruined a good thing.  :p

By the way WupAss, I'm still waiting patiently <sarcasm> for a response from that March 2, 2011 give-and-take.

Sadly that does not surprise me.

Offline 49RFootballNow

• Athletic Director
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
« Reply #1220 on: February 24, 2012, 05:04:32 pm »
There's a million of these now, but what the hell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkt5LaXBYWs
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:10:19 pm by 49RFootballNow »

Online emf

• Junior
« Reply #1221 on: February 24, 2012, 10:01:19 pm »
There's a million of these now, but what the hell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkt5LaXBYWs
Those things never get old, and that one was great!  :))

Offline ninerID

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
« Reply #1222 on: February 26, 2012, 06:23:12 pm »
http://www2.wataugademocrat.com/ASU_Sports/story/Behr-Too-early-to-tell-if-merger-affects-ASU-id-007055

Another X-factor in all of this is Charlotte. The 49ers begin FCS play as an independent in 2013, but want to move up to the FBS level as soon as possible. Appalachian State is already competing for football players with the 49ers. It would be tougher if Charlotte made the move to the FBS, while ASU was still playing in the FCS.

Old Dominion found quick success in FCS conference Colonial Athletic Association, so it's not impossible to build a program quickly, such as Charlotte desires. But starting from scratch to becoming a member of Conference USA is a huge leap. I truly believe CUSA would be a better conference with Appalachian State in it. ASU brings a good athletic program, excellent facilities and traditions with it. The programs are clean and for the most part, successful.

I also think Charlotte and Old Dominion would be good addtions to the league, as soon as they were ready with competitive football teams.

Offline NinerWupAss

• Chancellor
  • Normbulance Owner
    • Normbulance
« Reply #1223 on: February 26, 2012, 06:48:14 pm »
"I also think Charlotte and Old Dominion would be good addtions to the league, as soon as they were ready with competitive football teams."

I am so tired of that BS line.  Being competitive has so little to do with all of these changes.  They just cling to it because it's all they have.

Offline 49r9r

• Senior Captain
« Reply #1224 on: February 26, 2012, 06:58:25 pm »

NWA, that was nothing more than the Boone Newspaper supporting their LOCAL TEAM.  That's a concept we have trouble recognizing because we are not used to seeing it.

44 Guests, 14 Users