Author Topic: Fundraising  (Read 578 times)

charlotteguy88

• Junior
on: September 13, 2016, 08:46:14 am
Saw this on the twitter this morning. Made me wonder how much money we could raise if we did something like this? Of course that requires a school to have leadership...

NinerWupAss

• Chancellor
Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 10:11:48 am
Saw this on the twitter this morning. Made me wonder how much money we could raise if we did something like this? Of course that requires a school to have leadership...

We did this on 4/9 and it was a big success.  For some stupid reason the school decided to do it in the fall instead of spring this year so who knows how this will go. 

The First 49 has discussed taking over 4/9.

charlotteguy88

• Junior
Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 10:16:04 am

We did this on 4/9 and it was a big success.  For some stupid reason the school decided to do it in the fall instead of spring this year so who knows how this will go. 

I had no idea.  Since moving to Georgia I have I feel so disconnected from the school and athletics lol

scollie41

• MemberPF
  • Junior
  • 49er Club Member & FSL Owner
Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 07:41:06 pm

It was moved to coincide with the founders celebration this fall which is the 70th anniversary.

cltniners

• Head Coach
Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 07:31:45 am

It was moved to coincide with the founders celebration this fall which is the 70th anniversary.

clt says flounders celebration? Unbelievable. A celebration for a cheap fish? #mickeymouse
clt's signature: The 49ers established Thursday that their role is what they say it is. Tom Sorensen, Friday, Nov. 14, 2008

NinerWupAss

• Chancellor
Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 09:14:40 am

So rather than stick in the spring where it wasn't competing with football and pending basketball and people having paid for football and basketball tickets and on a date that naturally fits with the school and everyone can identify with and where we had already had a very successful giving day we opt to move it to a day in the fall that no one cares about.  I still think it is stupid. 

emf

• Senior
Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 11:32:44 am

So rather than stick in the spring where it wasn't competing with football and pending basketball and people having paid for football and basketball tickets and on a date that naturally fits with the school and everyone can identify with and where we had already had a very successful giving day we opt to move it to a day in the fall that no one cares about.  I still think it is stupid.
Also, don't forget that people have fat wallets in April from income tax refunds, too.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos