Recent

Author Topic: clt rants about the black helmets  (Read 3511 times)

Offline -Charlotte49ers-

• Freshman
Re: clt rants about the black helmets
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2014, 07:19:36 pm »
I'm going to call him probably Tuesday or Wednesday this week. He's a really nice guy. Gave me his cell phone number and I've already called him on it once. Doesn't mind if bother him with this stuff.  In fact, he was the one engaging me about our helmets when I was trying to get off the phone. What would you like me to ask him?
Formerly Ckroush.

Online 49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2014, 07:42:43 pm »
I'm going to call him probably Tuesday or Wednesday this week. He's a really nice guy. Gave me his cell phone number and I've already called him on it once. Doesn't mind if bother him with this stuff.  In fact, he was the one engaging me about our helmets when I was trying to get off the phone. What would you like me to ask him?

See if you can convince him to get Lambert and Co. to sneak a plain C-pick logo past Judy onto next year's helmets.

Offline s9er

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2014, 07:55:01 pm »

See if you can convince him to get Lambert and Co. to sneak a plain C-pick logo past Judy onto next year's helmets.

Agreed.....  Loved everything's out the uni set today except the helmet logo.. Too busy, too muddled.
It's called "Mind Rape", it's actually pretty mellow

Offline Nugget

• Senior Captain
  • Never missed a football home game
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2014, 07:59:41 pm »
We are 2-0 in these helmets.  I love them!

Offline s9er

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2014, 08:01:21 pm »

Didn't we wear them against GW?
It's called "Mind Rape", it's actually pretty mellow

Online 49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2014, 10:45:53 pm »

Didn't we wear them against GW?

2-1 in the helmets, but 2-0 in the pants!  ;)

Online 49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2014, 10:52:04 pm »

Agreed.....  Loved everything's out the uni set today except the helmet logo.. Too busy, too muddled.

I'd like to see something like this with the C-pick on a white or shiny green helmet:

« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:53:53 pm by 49RFootballNow »

Offline Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2014, 12:13:41 am »

I bounced some ideas off of him about our helmets. He said, believe it or not, that Lambert is the one that comes up with the ideas. He makes suggestions and does the design, but Lambert is the one that makes the final decision. I suggested the matte black helmet with a logo in dark gray or white with green flakes inside the logo. He liked the idea but with their manufacturing process and the type of materials used, didn't know how that could be done. Oh, and to you gold supporters, he said gold is forbidden.... not allowed.

Thanks for the info.  But I call BS on the gold helmets not allowed.  Perhaps he means the AD doesn't want it.  But it can't be "not allowed" from an NCAA perspective. 

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

Offline donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2014, 12:59:10 am »

I bounced some ideas off of him about our helmets. He said, believe it or not, that Lambert is the one that comes up with the ideas. He makes suggestions and does the design, but Lambert is the one that makes the final decision. I suggested the matte black helmet with a logo in dark gray or white with green flakes inside the logo. He liked the idea but with their manufacturing process and the type of materials used, didn't know how that could be done. Oh, and to you gold supporters, he said gold is forbidden.... not allowed.

Thanks for the info.  But I call BS on the gold helmets not allowed.  Perhaps he means the AD doesn't want it.  But it can't be "not allowed" from an NCAA perspective.

AD forbidding it is what I inferred

Online Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2015, 04:43:54 pm »
The baseball team has new green matte helmets this season and they look really nice.  We need to add a green matte football helmet to the mix this season. 

MARCH 18, 2005 WAS THE LAST TIME THE CHARLOTTE 49ERS PLAYED IN AN NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME

Offline stonecoldken

• Chancellor
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2015, 02:39:25 pm »
All I can see from the list of titles is clt rants about the black.  I'm like wth?
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Hope Solo, Jewel, SE Cupp, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

72 Guests, 21 Users