Author Topic: Halloween Trick or Treating  (Read 3112 times)

emf

• Senior
Reply #25 on: November 02, 2015, 05:41:11 pm
Agree with everyone.  The tailgate and trunk or treat were great in the Black Lot yesterday.  From talking to folks in the AD yesterday we better enjoy the black lot while we have it.

Black Lot is special, but it is so because of the folks in it and not because of the asphalt beneath them.

If we lose Black Lot to a science building, good. As long as the folks in Black Lot stay together, I'll go wherever they do.

That group feels more and more like a family every game. Oh no! We're being exclusive again! How dare us!

Personally, I think the Brocker lot would be the next best substitute, since so many park in the deck and walk to join the festivities. A nearby parking deck is a must for those folks.

At this point I agree.  It is also close to the Cone Center.  Anyone with kids knows being close to something that can either keep them warm or dry is a very good idea and still an easy walk to the Union book store if need be.
That lot is already designated at the $150-249 level, so there'd be competition.  BTW, it's Memorial Hall now, ROTC is there.  That building is scheduled for demolition, too.  I guess they'd have to reorganize the lots when Black lot goes away; there's still plenty of room in the Red lot in the woods by Alumni House.

NormsNinerNation

• Freshman
Reply #26 on: November 02, 2015, 08:09:10 pm
It sucks that black lot will be gone, it really pulls everyone together on game day! Honestly when black lot is gone feel like the alumni pavilion will be in a bad location
#StateOfCharlotte

MeanJoeGreen

• Sophomore
Reply #27 on: November 03, 2015, 06:20:11 am
Will the new road and rail alignments open up new tailgating areas? 

The_Brown_Samurai

• Chancellor
Reply #28 on: November 03, 2015, 10:24:20 am
Agree with everyone.  The tailgate and trunk or treat were great in the Black Lot yesterday.  From talking to folks in the AD yesterday we better enjoy the black lot while we have it.

Black Lot is special, but it is so because of the folks in it and not because of the asphalt beneath them.

If we lose Black Lot to a science building, good. As long as the folks in Black Lot stay together, I'll go wherever they do.

That group feels more and more like a family every game. Oh no! We're being exclusive again! How dare us!

Personally, I think the Brocker lot would be the next best substitute, since so many park in the deck and walk to join the festivities. A nearby parking deck is a must for those folks.

At this point I agree.  It is also close to the Cone Center.  Anyone with kids knows being close to something that can either keep them warm or dry is a very good idea and still an easy walk to the Union book store if need be.
That lot is already designated at the $150-249 level, so there'd be competition.  BTW, it's Memorial Hall now, ROTC is there.  That building is scheduled for demolition, too.  I guess they'd have to reorganize the lots when Black lot goes away; there's still plenty of room in the Red lot in the woods by Alumni House.

EMF, with the Black lot gone, will there be any need for traffic flowing through that area? I noticed a lot of cars stopping to pick people up, but it did not  appear to be used as a thoroughfare on game days. That road could be full closed off for tailgating?
I know I probably just officially ruffled some feathers

emf

• Senior
Reply #29 on: November 03, 2015, 11:08:17 am

EMF, with the Black lot gone, will there be any need for traffic flowing through that area? I noticed a lot of cars stopping to pick people up, but it did not  appear to be used as a thoroughfare on game days. That road could be full closed off for tailgating?
Possibly, only thing I could think of is emergency or service vehicle access.  Also, it's a single-lane road in each direction with a median, so I'm not sure how you allow vehicles to leave early.  University Road between Cameron and Cone Lane (access road to Deck) might work better for that, leave one lane open for one-way traffic out.  The parking lots next to Halton are fairly level, too.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos