Recent

Author Topic: 2011 Men's Hoops Coaching Carousel  (Read 31344 times)

Offline Run49er

• Chancellor
Re: 2011 Men's Hoops Coaching Carousel
« Reply #350 on: May 23, 2011, 04:39:01 pm »
Here's a real head scratcher!  Ed DeChellis leaving Penn State to take over at Navy.  Wonder if Jawan Staten rethinks his transfer to "Happy Valley"?  Hmmm...

ESPN.com: Sources: Ed DeChellis to Navy

Offline Run49er

• Chancellor
« Reply #351 on: May 26, 2011, 07:01:49 pm »
Looks like DeChellis needs to get a new agent per this in The Patriot-News of Harrisburg, PA:

DeChellis explored options in the aftermath of the team's 2011 NCAA tournament run, its first in his 8-year tenure at Penn State. Two very good coaching sources told me in April that he was offered a substantially more lucrative deal $1 million annually for seven years at a Midwestern mid-major school but turned it down because his agent had assured him he could get an even more attractive deal at a specific high-major. That turned out not to be the case and DeChellis was forced to lower his sights.
Pennlive.com: Ed DeChellis left for Navy because Penn State didn't care

BTW, word is that Jeff Lebo is leading candidate to take over at Penn State.  Could see that happening since he is from Carlisle, PA, which is about 60 miles from State College.

Offline EE9er

• Senior Captain
« Reply #352 on: May 26, 2011, 11:48:47 pm »
BTW, word is that Jeff Lebo is leading candidate to take over at Penn State.  Could see that happening since he is from Carlisle, PA, which is about 60 miles from State College.

Ha ha... didn't you know Run, Lebo is never leaving EZU not for a bazillion million bazillion dollars!!!! Just ask StillJonesing he'll tell you!
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO.  Part of a coaches job is managing a roster and player egos.  The fact that there were transfers, while not his fault, are part of the game and should not be an excuse for under-performing this year. "
NWA - 5/8/13

Offline CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
« Reply #353 on: May 27, 2011, 09:07:22 am »
Looks like DeChellis needs to get a new agent per this in The Patriot-News of Harrisburg, PA:

DeChellis explored options in the aftermath of the team's 2011 NCAA tournament run, its first in his 8-year tenure at Penn State. Two very good coaching sources told me in April that he was offered a substantially more lucrative deal $1 million annually for seven years at a Midwestern mid-major school but turned it down because his agent had assured him he could get an even more attractive deal at a specific high-major. That turned out not to be the case and DeChellis was forced to lower his sights.
Pennlive.com: Ed DeChellis left for Navy because Penn State didn't care

Paging StillJonesing...

Offline ApexNiner

• Sophomore
    • http://
« Reply #354 on: May 27, 2011, 09:25:49 am »
I have my doubts on Lebo jumping, but who knows. They currently live near his wife's hometown, Williamston, so that may have some pull on his family.

Offline J Felt

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • Here, hold my beer.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
« Reply #355 on: May 27, 2011, 09:27:55 am »
I have my doubts on Lebo jumping, but who knows. They currently live near his wife's hometown, Williamston, so that may have some pull on his family.

ECU is his dream job, too. He loves it there and is up for the challenge.
This signature is small because I'm not a jerk.

Don't fire Scotty. Give him a raise.

Offline mightymitchfan

• Junior
« Reply #356 on: June 04, 2011, 02:45:11 pm »
Penn State hires Boston U. coach Patrick chambers to replace the depart Ed DeChellis.  He's coming into a bad situation talent wise but has ties to Philly after coaching at Villanova for 5 years before taking the BU job.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6623481

Offline Run49er

• Chancellor
« Reply #357 on: June 04, 2011, 03:12:19 pm »
Penn State hires Boston U. coach Patrick Chambers to replace the departed Ed DeChellis.

With Everhart removing his name from consideration on Thursday and UW Milwaukee's Rob Jeter doing likewise yesterday, looks like Chambers was the last candidate standing!  Anyway, guess they're dancing on The Bluff in Steel City in celebration of Everhart's decision.

Offline Run49er

• Chancellor
« Reply #358 on: June 23, 2011, 06:24:49 pm »
I'm pretty sure that BU's hiring of BC assistant Joe Jones as their new head coach fills all of the vacancies in men's hoops - 54 this time around!.

ESPN.com: BU names Joe Jones coach

Offline Run49er

• Chancellor
« Reply #359 on: June 30, 2011, 06:39:40 pm »
Carousel still moving afterall...

CBSSports.com: Details surface about fired Bethune-Cookman coach

45 Guests, 16 Users