Recent

Author Topic: Charlotte @ Fordham Postgame  (Read 7766 times)

Offline 49er1

• Assistant Coach
  • Class of 1973
Re: Charlotte @ Fordham Postgame
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 09:33:04 pm »
Anybody have a clue as to what was up Pecora's ass at the end?

He just had an "L" stuck up it.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" Charlotte, home of the NINERS! Where we MAJOR in MINERS!"
            ---- 49er1
                   May 18th, 2010

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

Online sportsman1417

• Sophomore
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 09:44:50 pm »
Was Derrio suspended?

Nobody has heard anything..he was just riding the pine all night.

Offline moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • 2012 NNN POY
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 09:46:41 pm »
The game before Derrio played 4 minutes, all in the first half.  The writing is on the wall.  If Derrio isn't scoring, what does he bring over Twill???

Offline 49or bust

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
    • Name Confusion Log
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 09:51:15 pm »
Mayfield had a good game. Would have been sick if he could have finished the in bounds ally oop from PH.

Say NO MORE to our slave name!

"But so many people are so condescending to all things 49ers. Hope Charlotte sticks it to 'em." - Tom Sorensen

Online sportsman1417

• Sophomore
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 10:19:18 pm »

I searched the Fordham thread and someone asked about it too but no one really said anything. I think someone mentioned after the hand shake he was still chirping but they talked after the shakes or something, or maybe that was this thread I don't remember. They also said their team should have won and were better, would have never guessed they shot that bad. Sounds a lot like this board. Had nothing bad to say about us just how they didn't capitalize. One person mentioned our coach's hair lol.

Dowless

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 11:49:58 pm »
I think the two coaches were discussing the officiating.  I don't think either liked them.  Fordham coach was upset at the end when the ref's didn't give him the fouls to lengthen the game.

Offline Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 08:51:30 am »
Do coaches ever talk about the good officiating?
It\'s hard to explain what I\'ve been through,I still feel very good that I can come out and play ball, be like myself and maybe better. Thank God I got a second chance.The lesson is that you never know

Offline bball49er

• Junior
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 10:05:01 am »
I'm almost certain he took exception to Henry taking the ball from one of the Fordham players after a whistle had blown the play dead.

Offline bball49er

• Junior
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 10:14:27 am »
We are on our way to making the A-10 Tourney.
Yep.  Where's all the suicidal Niner fans after a win?  I would imagine we can still get to 6 or 7 conference wins. 

Offline emf

• Junior
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 10:18:57 am »
I'm almost certain he took exception to Henry taking the ball from one of the Fordham players after a whistle had blown the play dead.
I laughed when that happened.  Henry's always messing with the other team.

Online NinerWupAss

• Chancellor
  • Normbulance Owner
    • Normbulance
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 10:22:44 am »
Yep.  Where's all the suicidal Niner fans after a win?  I would imagine we can still get to 6 or 7 conference wins.

Not suicidal - but sad that beating a bad team is reason to celebrate these days.  We finally ran into a team that shot worst than we did.  Glad we won though because a loss would have been awful. 
6/9/12: Wooooookkk Dixies fuckin rocks with cpipi and hooner teprestin niner nsation suck it aspp@!!@!@

(10:12:15) stonecoldken: My Thanksgivin​g wish, is that every single guy on this board find a Thanksgivin​g whore to wear out.

Offline NLP49

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 10:35:31 am »
Fordham is bad, but good enough to beat a top 25 team at home, which they did.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

Online NinerWupAss

• Chancellor
  • Normbulance Owner
    • Normbulance
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 10:40:57 am »
Fordham is bad, but good enough to beat a top 25 team at home, which they did.

Yeah I know - and I know they are very tough at home.  Just not getting super happy about this.  I guess we all wanted to be at a place where we beat bad teams consistently, which we have had trouble doing over the past 15 years.  I guess we are on that path.  For the most part we have beat teams worse than us. 
6/9/12: Wooooookkk Dixies fuckin rocks with cpipi and hooner teprestin niner nsation suck it aspp@!!@!@

(10:12:15) stonecoldken: My Thanksgivin​g wish, is that every single guy on this board find a Thanksgivin​g whore to wear out.

Offline Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2012, 11:20:14 am »
Mayfield was like a man amongst boys on the court.  He is doing a good job handling the PG duties in a backup role and he must be commended on his vast improvement at the FT line.

Williams played very well, it seems to me that he is learning to slow down a bit and it is making all of the difference in the world, because he seems to have good basketball instincts and isn't afraid to mix it up inside and go after the ball.

Henry did some good things on defense and made a really great sequence of plays in the 2nd half from a play on defense leading the break and setting up Deuce for a 3 pointer just after he had made one on the previous possession.

Braswell did a good job overall, if he can start finishing on the left block with his left hand he will be unstoppable.

Overall good team effort.

If Fordham can ever turn it around, Rose Hill will be the hardest place to play in the country.
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

Offline NinerAdvocate

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2012, 01:06:48 pm »
'
Thats a fair criticism and I hope you're correct. It would still be settling vs my original expectations (I was hoping we'd have a winning record in the league), but at this point, I'll gladly take it.
Apple CoFounder Steve Wozniak: "America's OS is broken!"

Offline lucky57

• Senior
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2012, 01:57:26 pm »
[/quo          te]     Most have retreated to apathy,i'm afraid.Happy we won,i.e.vs. a bad team,but still terribly disappointed in the season.When we have to struggle to avoid being 1 of the 2 bottomfeeders in the A-10 it's kind of depressing for those who still remember what "the bubble" actually was.

Offline bball49er

• Junior
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2012, 02:11:48 pm »
'
Thats a fair criticism and I hope you're correct. It would still be settling vs my original expectations (I was hoping we'd have a winning record in the league), but at this point, I'll gladly take it.
Moi aussi.  We let Saint Louis off the hook and should have found a way to beat a bad GW team on the road.  8 is still possible but doubtful.  C'est la vie.

Offline bball49er

• Junior
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2012, 02:19:13 pm »
[/quo          te]     Most have retreated to apathy,i'm afraid.Happy we won,i.e.vs. a bad team,but still terribly disappointed in the season.When we have to struggle to avoid being 1 of the 2 bottomfeeders in the A-10 it's kind of depressing for those who still remember what "the bubble" actually was.
Yes rebuilding sucks.  I would much rather be talking about NCAA Tourney bubbles instead of A-10 Tourney bubbles.  I'm also excited because I feel Major has us going in the right direction.  I could be wrong - we shall see.

Online NinerWupAss

• Chancellor
  • Normbulance Owner
    • Normbulance
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2012, 02:27:56 pm »
Most have retreated to apathy,i'm afraid.Happy we won,i.e.vs. a bad team,but still terribly disappointed in the season.When we have to struggle to avoid being 1 of the 2 bottomfeeders in the A-10 it's kind of depressing for those who still remember what "the bubble" actually was.

Pretty good description of where I am.  To struggle to avoid being one of the bottom feeders... again.  It really isn't this season as much as it is the weight of the past few seasons.  I hope we have turned the corner, while I am not anti-Major by any stretch I also have not seen much to be super excited about our future.  There has been good and there has been bad.  Just ready for good to out weigh the bad. 

Offline Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2012, 02:40:47 pm »

I believe Mr Bo was being a little tongue in check with his A10 tourney reference.

Since we've gotten to the "meat" of our schedule, starting with Miami, we've been 4-9.  With 2 of those wins against Kennesaw St and Fordham.  I wouldn't expect many rah rah people to show up after a victory that got us out of the cellar of the A10.

Obviously any win is great.  But I wouldn't expect this one to revitalize the fan base.  Rebuilding just sucks in general.  Hopefully this win can be the start of some sort of run!

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

Offline eason49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
    • http://blog.eeg3.net
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2012, 02:50:22 pm »

This game was a battle for, literally, last place in the A10. We can say we're not the worst now; that's cool, I guess.

Hey, if we finish on a tear in the last few games, that'll be awesome. Maybe this is the start of that.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:54:35 pm by eason49 »
(08:05:12) hootie: nobody can coach a 4 guard lineup when the 4 guards can't shoot

Offline 49er1

• Assistant Coach
  • Class of 1973
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2012, 03:18:09 pm »
I laughed when that happened.  Henry's always messing with the other team.

Now if after he hits a shot we can get him to blow kisses to his someone-special, we'll be on our way back to the NCAAs!!  :-*
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" Charlotte, home of the NINERS! Where we MAJOR in MINERS!"
            ---- 49er1
                   May 18th, 2010

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

Offline Chisox17

• Gulag
  • Chancellor
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2012, 08:41:10 pm »
Can someone please explain the Ray Morganstern references? Did he really tell Major to fix that hairline??
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR

Offline Nugget

• Senior Captain
  • Never missed a football home game
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2012, 08:44:23 pm »
Can someone please explain the Ray Morganstern references? Did he really tell Major to fix that hairline??
So Major has a receding hairline.  Doesn't everyone?   :(

Offline emf

• Junior
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2012, 10:56:01 pm »

42 Guests, 15 Users