Author Topic: clt provides more UNC CHeat scandal.  (Read 371394 times)

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #2000 on: October 13, 2017, 12:18:59 am

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #2001 on: October 13, 2017, 12:52:34 am
clt says tomorrow at noon. clt was right.

If it is at noon, the O will claim it is after the deadline to make the next day's print edition.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:54:34 am by 49r9r »
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #2002 on: October 13, 2017, 07:53:35 am
clt says it is happening!

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #2003 on: October 13, 2017, 08:48:44 am
Vegas odds on the punishment:

2 to 1 -  Little meaningful sanctions- UNC faithful can claim it was a withc hunt and the Carolina Way wins again
7 to 1-   Post season Ban, loss of scholarships
10 to 1- Banner(s) come down, wins vacates + probation and loss of ships

100% chance there is a law suit if any sanctions are involved.

They should get nailed... but my faith in the system doesn't afford me the confidence that appropriate punishment will be handed down.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #2005 on: October 13, 2017, 10:09:28 am
clt says time to CHeat!!1

NormsNinerNation

• Freshman
Reply #2006 on: October 13, 2017, 10:14:38 am
Lock it down
#StateOfCharlotte

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #2007 on: October 13, 2017, 10:57:36 am
Phil Jones and others should have never missed a game here if this is the standard. Academics mean nothing, fake it to make it.

NinerAdvocate

Reply #2008 on: October 13, 2017, 11:00:44 am
Phil Jones and others should have never missed a game here if this is the standard. Academics mean nothing, fake it to make it.

Jones, Lester, several football players. Should have never been a single ineligible player ever.

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #2009 on: October 13, 2017, 11:07:41 am
From this point forward any school that has someone declared academically ineligible should have their program disbanded for blatant stupidity.

UNCCh has shown you the playbook, follow it.
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #2010 on: October 13, 2017, 11:15:52 am

My letter to AD Yow and Bobby Purcell this morning:

"In light of the NCAA’s decision this morning concerning the UNC athletics program scandal, it is with regret that we have decided to suspend our general donations to the Wolfpack Club. Although we only contribute $2,500 annually through monthly recurring donation, I simply cannot support big-time college athletics any longer.

I am interested as to whether there will be any response from the ACC member schools, as it should be in their purview to administer some reasonable rebuke and/or punishment where the NCAA has elected not to do so.

Also, if it is permissible for me to do so, I would like to redirect my existing giving level of $2,500 specifically to the men’s and women’s cross country and track programs.

I suspect this will be a challenging and busy next few days for the Wolfpack Club staff, but I would appreciate a response to let me know how to do so.

Regards"

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #2011 on: October 13, 2017, 11:16:29 am
Well, we all know what's going on in the country at large. "Going to Hell in a band basket" I believe is the expression. Even so, I lay 2-1 odds that the Observer headline will be Chapel Hill skating.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #2013 on: October 13, 2017, 12:12:17 pm
Why should a school like us even try?  Honestly.  If the big boys can cheat, what is the point.  We can't compare to their endowment, and now they don't have to go to class?  meanwhile the NCAA smashes Wichita, UCF, and Richmond for stupid stuff.  There's no point.
#bus1

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #2014 on: October 13, 2017, 12:42:14 pm
Why should a school like us even try?  Honestly.  If the big boys can cheat, what is the point.  We can't compare to their endowment, and now they don't have to go to class?  meanwhile the NCAA smashes Wichita, UCF, and Richmond for stupid stuff.  There's no point.

I think some of these schools need to sue the NCAA for unfair punishment. 

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #2015 on: October 13, 2017, 01:44:40 pm
So we should fake every class from now on? :o

How can the NCAA not conclude there was academic fraud, when UNC-CH admitted it to the athletic verification group?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:50:04 pm by stonecoldken »
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #2016 on: October 13, 2017, 02:55:31 pm

I think some of these schools need to sue the NCAA for unfair punishment.
Chapel Hill is the only school willing to pay enough for legal representation to find a loophole allowing them to justify their sleazy behavior. Other institutions (us included) still have some sense of decency. The Carolina Way.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #2017 on: October 13, 2017, 03:05:07 pm

9erken

• Senior Captain
Reply #2018 on: October 13, 2017, 03:35:14 pm
What a joke. NCAA is officially useless, pushing papers around on their desk while ignoring the biggest scandal in their history. I still can't believe they didn't even question the eligibility of the athletes involved in winning championships with fake classes, but I shouldn't be surprised when the NCAA has tried to spike this investigation from the beginning despite how obvious the cheating was. Every other institution that has been punished should sue the NCAA for restitution of damages.

The "Carolina Way" is synonymous with cheating, so that's nice. But it still sours me even further on college sports to the point I'm not sure I want to watch it anymore. Why bother when programs like this can cheat with impunity, act like they're better than everyone else, and not get punished when caught. It certainly makes the NCAA tournament just a little less interesting when cheaters are allowed to win and punishment is reserved for the little guys (who already have significant disadvantages of many kinds).

I also think the players should immediately sue the NCAA again for full compensation (i.e. a much bigger cut of the profits). As that observer editorial points out, these athletes are not students. They might occasionally go to classes, some of them might be very good students, but you obviously don't need to be a real student to be an NCAA-sanctioned athlete in a revenue-generating sport. So why are they really there? To make money for their university, so they should be treated like employees and able to negotiate their compensation.

jfickett

Reply #2019 on: October 13, 2017, 05:07:33 pm
Kinda sad that my last post on this board will be in a thread about Chapel Hill. But I'm not gonna start a new thread to say goodbye.

The playing field is uneven.  The NCAA is sham.  Our AD is incompetent, and even if we were willing to go the extra mile to cheat like we cared, it's not like we'd be good at that either. 

So with that, it was a good run, Niner Nation.  Been 10 years of my life dedicated to this bullshit, and it's just not worth it anymore.

Cheers and take care, one and all!

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #2020 on: October 13, 2017, 05:08:24 pm
Wear long sleeves  :(

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #2021 on: October 13, 2017, 05:09:36 pm
clt applauds the observer: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/editorials/article178678881.html

This appears on the opinionated editorial section, not the sports section or the front page.  Those articles in the sports section seem much more heavily in favor of the assholes in chapel hill.  Much more, including comments on it being a great day. 

TheShowDawg

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #2022 on: October 13, 2017, 07:14:47 pm
This came up after Big Bang Theory today. Perfect timing.

e, the epiphany came in my second season on Roseanne. At thirty-nine years old I finally woke up to the fact that the principles I was taught as a child, like fairness and justice, have no place in the world of power and money. The rules of the sandbox, strictly enforced by a wise and compassionate adult, are laughable when the sandbox is the television business and there are Mercedes and Bentleys parked alongside it. What's odd is that twenty years later, despite my belated awakening to the reality of amorality, that old schoolyard programming continues to insist on its rightness. Ideas like "play nice," "share your toys," "no name-calling," "take turns" and "misbehaving gets punished" still resonate inside me as if they were some sort of fundamental truths. Of course, I now know that they are not. At best, they're ideals. Lofty goals to aspire to. The truisms of the real world are more along the lines of, "my ball, my bat, my rules" and "money talks, bull$#*! walks." . The truth is, we are alone in the sandbox. The game we play, seemingly forever, is called "Ideals vs. Money and Bats." For what it's worth, I'm betting on the latter.
In the Time of the Chimpanzee, I Was a Monkey....

49erAlumnus: It's been so long since we've been hated by anyone but...us.

Run49er

• Chancellor

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos