Author Topic: Shoutout to Lady Niners Basketball!  (Read 3334 times)

cltniners

Reply #25 on: January 05, 2017, 11:21:17 am

gamer

• Senior
Reply #26 on: January 05, 2017, 01:52:01 pm
Niners beat Western KY in overtime. Eight game winning streak and on top of CUSA.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:29:41 pm by gamer »
The greatest boon in the popularity of Chapel Hill sports was the advent of cash registers that automatically figure change.

Crusader

• Freshman
Reply #27 on: January 05, 2017, 02:01:58 pm
Niners beat Western KY in overtime.

#Confetti

cltniners

Reply #28 on: January 05, 2017, 02:36:08 pm
clt reports cara is leaving to coach the wnba's charlotte sting.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #30 on: January 05, 2017, 03:18:48 pm
Judy left during the third quarter today. Obviously does not care about women's basketball.   ;D

emf

• Senior
Reply #31 on: January 05, 2017, 04:38:33 pm
Judy left during the third quarter today. Obviously does not care about women's basketball.   ;D
To be fair, I've gone to those Education Day games before and 6,000 screaming kids make me want to leave early, too.  :P

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #32 on: January 05, 2017, 05:12:10 pm
I'm glad they are doing well.  Now perhaps Judy can finally devote some attention and resources to some of our other programs. 

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
Reply #33 on: January 05, 2017, 10:34:23 pm
I cannot wait for women's basketball to bring us back to prominence! Big National TV contracts and an invite to a premier conference. The SEC and ACC must be chomping at the bit to bring us into the fold! Judy's plan is foolproof!!!!
Charlotte 49ers - TITLE IX CHAMPIONS, July 1, 1990- Present!

Official 49ers AD Moto: Minimum Necessarium Esse, Nihil Magis

https://i.imgur.com/74Mcl1t.jpg

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #34 on: January 06, 2017, 11:23:43 am
We let USC & UK into CUSA for Men's Soccer only.  Maybe Judy can get us into SEC for Women's B-Ball only as a 15th team so they can have uneven scheduling.   :))

I went to an Education Day game once.  I jumped up & down during opponents' free throws behind the backboard, & I got all of the kids doing it.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

cltniners

Reply #35 on: January 06, 2017, 11:56:31 am
clt says we should go to the sec for football, and the big east for basketball.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #36 on: January 06, 2017, 01:51:37 pm
We let USC & UK into CUSA for Men's Soccer only.  Maybe Judy can get us into SEC for Women's B-Ball only as a 15th team so they can have uneven scheduling.   :))

I went to an Education Day game once.  I jumped up & down during opponents' free throws behind the backboard, & I got all of the kids doing it.
SEC does not have men's soccer. That is the reason KY and the Lamecocks are allowed to play in our league.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #37 on: January 06, 2017, 05:57:58 pm
I cannot wait for women's basketball to bring us back to prominence! Big National TV contracts and an invite to a premier conference. The SEC and ACC must be chomping at the bit to bring us into the fold! Judy's plan is foolproof!!!!

Since you mentioned this....  I heard from my neighbor's son's girlfriend's father's sister's hairdresser's brother's wife's mother that many ACC school's want us to join their conference because of our WBB. 

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #38 on: January 06, 2017, 06:04:42 pm
The Charlotte Disturber ran an article on our women's team today, which insures that they will lose their home conference opener against preseason favorite Western Kentucky. Jinxed.

49r9r will not be posting until his exploded head heals up!  ;D  (Confluence of two most hated entities-WBB and Disturber)

You know damn well I do not hate the WBB team.  But like most other Niners, I do get tired of the AD's "favoritism" of our WBB program over more important programs.  Some of the energy and resources spent on WBB need to be redirected to the sports that really count, like football, MBB, and baseball. 

Now the O............. that's another story.  :'( 

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:08:01 pm by 49r9r »

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #39 on: January 11, 2017, 06:53:53 pm
I saw a 49ers women's basketball advertisement on a CATS bus today while driving through uptown  ???
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:30:01 pm by JaMiNNiNeR »

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #40 on: January 11, 2017, 07:37:03 pm
I saw a 49ers women's basketball advertisement on CATS bus today while driving through uptown  ???
Not unusual to see billboards for WBB in the triad area. Well, the last time I was through there, anyway.
Who knows what strategy Cheat is employing in their current situation? (Rhetorical question)

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #41 on: January 11, 2017, 07:47:13 pm
I've never seen a WBB billboard in the triad.  I'm currently at the Wake/tarhole basketball game and I asked some Wake fans how their WBB team is doing and no one knows.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #42 on: January 11, 2017, 08:13:02 pm
I've never seen a WBB billboard in the triad.  I'm currently at the Wake/tarhole basketball game and I asked some Wake fans how their WBB team is doing and no one knows.
Out of character for you to be asking about how their WBB team is doing.  ;D
Were you interested?

If I recall correctly, I've seen ads for both Elon and Chapel Hill along I85 in the triad area. Also, University of Florida in Gainesville. The point is that ads are not unique to Charlotte. Come to think of it, I don't personally recall seeing any for the 49ers.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:41:45 pm by 4ever niner »

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #43 on: January 11, 2017, 09:39:06 pm
Were you interested?

If I recall correctly, I've seen ads for both Elon and Chapel Hill along I85 in the triad area. Also, University of Florida in Gainesville. The point is that ads are not unique to Charlotte. Come to think of it, I don't personally recall seeing any for the 49ers.

Schools like CHeat and Florida have all the money in the world to spend on advertising. Considering our meager resources you would think we would spend our advertising dollars a little differently.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #44 on: January 11, 2017, 09:49:56 pm
Yep. Something like, "Get your season tickets now for a chance to see Charlotte get their first home FBS win!"

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #45 on: January 11, 2017, 10:02:33 pm
Were you interested?

Schools like CHeat and Florida have all the money in the world to spend on advertising. Considering our meager resources you would think we would spend our advertising dollars a little differently.
Yea. you would if you thought about it. And if you thought about it long enough, you'd go over the edge. Life's short.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:10:53 pm by 4ever niner »

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #46 on: January 12, 2017, 03:36:42 am
Anyone remember the "NEVER TOO YOUNG TO BE A NINER" billboard with the baby in it? Worst billboard I've ever seen.

cltniners

Reply #47 on: January 12, 2017, 07:01:13 am
clt is afraid to go uptown.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #48 on: January 12, 2017, 07:58:33 am
Were you interested?

Yes, one would think so.  Judy and a handful of our fans want us to be equal to these P5 schools in WBB but want us to manage our expectations in the sports that really do matter.

Title IX only applies to scholarships.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 08:05:20 am by 49r9r »

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #49 on: January 12, 2017, 08:27:52 am
Were you interested?

Yes, one would think so.  Judy and a handful of our fans want us to be equal to these P5 schools in WBB but want us to manage our expectations in the sports that really do matter.

Title IX only applies to scholarships.
Introduce me to the "handful of fans" of which you speak. I haven't met these people.
Names or I call BS.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos